Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

46 results found

1. if the boost feature is added, won’t it benefit bigger streamers rather than smaller ones? i think it needs to be beneficial for them too.

233 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I wish you and the team would stop trying to push features like this. Instead of having a "boost" feature, why not work on a better way to make smaller content creators to be discovered?

Many have resulted in branching out to other social media and content creation platforms in order to funnel more viewers into twitch because of the over saturation of streams. Look at how addictive YouTube and Tik Tok are... Also look at how easy they are to just continuously browse and find new content. These are the things you should be focused on.

Honestly, Small streamers…

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Instead of asking our viewers to choose between fun and promoting the stream, make the boost passive and based on ANY points spent during a stream.

As it stands, the system is creating a conflict of interest - particularly for channels that are solely powered on Channel Points.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Baiting Twitch users to pay money on behalf of their favorite streamers to boost discoverability is a bad idea and an unethical idea. It only unfairly furthers an existing advantage over other channels by exploiting community members’ good faith willingness to pay to support the streamer, and it does not make up for any deeper existing discoverability and usability failings. There is a consensus on social media that users understand this is a detriment to Twitch overall. If it doesn’t work as intended, they are wasting their money. But if it does work as intended, it greatly compromises the integrity…

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I am no where close to being a partner, and this happened for me (average 12 viewers). I was so amazed when I got the oppurtunity for this. It was a bit tough to reach the goal, but you have 2 days. When I completed the Boost challenge it made my stream boost to 56 viewers. It only last about 10 mins. I feel like if this is going to be a thing, let the small streamer enjoy the Boost a little longer. I do not feel this option should be for partners.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The paid boosting feature is unethical and engineers around the problem that the current algorithm serves content in a way that is both obfuscated from participants yet is clearly biased towards extremely large partnered streamers and/or divisive content.

Instead deliver content that appeals to individual viewers based on their viewing habits and adjust the front page and the algorithm:
    - Partnered Streamers Recommended for you x3
    - Affiliate Streamers Recommended for you x3
    - New for you x6 (2 partner, 2 affiliate, 2 any) streams of varying size and varying content type

similarly for the search and category views of…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I noticed on twitter / the live stream about changes to twitch. There is some kind of thing where you can pay for more exposure? Not only is this inherently greedy, it's classist about up and coming streamers who are up and coming, buring them further into obscurity. You guys taking all the money ontop of that for this service is disgusting. Fix your algorithm instead of trying to line your pockets. Fix the hate raids on streamers of color. Actually implement something of meaning so that streamers can feel safe and not stressed about bots who spam slurs and…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Evidently in trying to collect data on the optimal way to implement the Boost feature, there's a group of streamers that are getting the boosts and others that are not. This makes sense but to reduce bias, it may be needed to have a second part data collection where the group that did not get any boosts get the boosts instead, and compare the results from the two parts. This can help identify any biases, if any, and will be more fair (and thus reduce dissatisfaction of smaller streamers that we're seeing).

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. This entire idea of Boost this stream is amazing. As a content creator I am more than happy and ecstatic at the thought of maybe having this on my own channel. Although I see this tools usefulness in aiding smaller streamers grow I feel that certain criteria should be in place before becoming eligible to have access to a boost. For example: You can't get boosts on your channel unless you are an affiliate, You can't buy boosts in anyway shape or form for yourself and you can't get boosted if you are a partner. I feel the most important…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. So I like the idea, but just a few tweaks. I like how the challenge can just pop up and we have a couple days to complete it, but upon completion can we save the boost for the future? I got the challenge on my "friday" so I felt compelled to make sure I completed it within the time frame forcing me to stream on my day off. I did complete it but then the boost happened right away. I would love to see it for the next stream where I can prepare for it, kind of like a front…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Instead of spending channel points to boost the stream, could the boost bar be filled a bit every time someone collects their bonus channel points? I love channel point rewards and I hate the idea of people choosing between boosting my stream or redeeming them for fun. This way people can fill the boost bar by actively watching, and still use their points for what they like.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show live via a Twitch Ambassador streamer or another Twitch official channel how this works.

If the boost system in any way can be used to over take those with a smaller audience, by having a 200+ viewer channel boost it's way in front of a 45 viewer channel, then there lies an issue.

I wanna see what it does before making assumptions if it's a positive feature or not; whether I want to support the feature or not. As of now, it seems fine but I would love a live feed demonstrating how it functions, and answers to questions…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The boost this stream should be based off streaming hours instead of 2 days. For example, I got the "boost this stream" challenge the other day, but I was ill and had to cancel my stream the day after, then the day after that is my off day.

It will now be missed because we were just short on the day it came in as it came in at the end of my stream. Instead of it being 2 days. Have it be the next x amount of hours streamed. This gives people the chance to hit the goal if…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When the boost this stream happens everyone raised 25k Channel points in under an hour, so if every time the goal is completed on a stream make the next time for 50k and the stream is shown to 5.6k people!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I feel like this does favor big streamers. Like, sure you can scale it this way or that. But if you have 0-5 viewers, this won't do anything for you. Perhaps if you could accumulate these points and use them to raid a small stream?

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We want higher or no limit for spending channel points in community challenges. The limit is 2.000 channel points at the moment. Pls give us higher limit

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There really are very few incentives to subscribe to streamers channels and the rewards that you receive for watching are minimal. Similar to Mixer, viewers should somehow be able to spend their viewing points to help streamers boost their bit earnings.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. One thing bothers me about the Boost: people are suggested to me that I can't understand because I don't speak their language. It would be nice if these promotions were more specialized.

For example, if someone often watches German & English streamers, that they are suggested to him.

What should I do with a streamer if I can't understand him?

Also, by being "Promoted" you don't see the viewership & you can't mark the person as "not interested" like you can with normal streams.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. what if there’s a system where if a smaller creator, and I mean someone who posts content/streams, boosts a larger creator via channel points, they get a mini boost of their own by a thing popping up in chat saying “this person booted this large creator!” & they get a little spot on the main page. just an idea

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. During a boost, as it's described now, people can use up to 2,000 channel points. This isn't an issue for viewers with a lot saved up, but more casual viewers might have to choose between other channel point rewards and boosting. To fix this, making it so channel points spent on any reward during a boost contribute to the boost could help. This makes boosts feel less like a waste of channel points, and could make boosts more hectic and fun. However, if a streamer doesn't want this, they could maybe set a limit on the number of redeems that…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?