Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

77 results found

1. As a Mod we should be able to use our points on a Make It Rain option where we can input the number of points and the number of recipients, and let the algorithm used for handing out gifted subs, pick who gets the points (equal amounts among the number of people designated). I would rather be able to give points to members of chat to be able to interact more, than use em to highlight my message or alter an emote.

505 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Give Streamers the option to use a certain amount of Emotes (Maybe more for Partners or something like 1 + 1/10 of your unlocked Emoteslots rounded up) to be unlockable by Channelpoints but not by Subscribing or Cheering. Every Streamer can chose the cost of the Emotes they want to have themselves.

This allowes Streamers to give something back to the Community and makes it possible to get emotes by just watching and being Active in the Stream and the Community when the people cannot support monetarily. This also still incentivises to Gain More Subs due to getting the possibility…

442 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The BEST point system i used was from a third party & here are things i wish Twitch channel points would add.

1. A feature where we can reward viewers with channel points as a incentive for giving bits MULTIPLE TIMES. Instead of just recieving bits once a month. It should be whenever they give bits. Of course this feature should allowed to be enabled/disabled by the streamer.

2. A feature where we can reward viewers with channel points for gifting subs. Another feature that could be enabled/disabled by the streamer.

3. A general "give points" feauture. Theres, plenty of times where I…

282 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I want to use channel points but I am finding that the vast majority of my viewers already subscribe at tier 1 and as such have nothing to spend channel points on other than modifying tier 1 emotes, which is of limited novelty. I would like it if different pricing tiers points-wise were available for the tier 2 & 3 emotes as well as bit emotes.

172 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be very helpful to know how many points my viewers have in my chat. Maybe as a sort of leaderboard so I can see who has the most points? This would definitely help me to judge how to price my rewards better, as I can see how many points people will have to spend on them!

146 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I haven't seen this issue being talked about anywhere, the only related support page I found says that only tier 1 emotes are unlockable with points, animated emotes are tier 1 so we should be able to unlock them with channel points.

Also make tier 2&3 emotes unlockable with points too while you’re at it :)

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Right now, you are only able to create up to 50 channel point rewards per channel, which sounds like a lot, but it isn't. When thinking of people who use them as a fun way to interact with viewers, this puts a limit towards the creativity of that specific streamer. While using 3rd party apps and programs to manipulate and create really fun exp with Channel Points Rewards, you are able to do some amazing things that really give a personal face to your own stream! Would be awesome to be added with a group or folder kind of update…

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be a pretty neat way to incentivise people if certain Channel Point Rewards were restricted to Subscribers only (and one step further would be to separate between the tiers).

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. My idea is to make channel points more rewarding for both the streamer and viewers. My suggestion would be to have X amount of channel points unlocks X amount of bits, &/OR, X amount of channel points unlocks a one month subscription to the streamer the viewer is spending their valuable time watching and supporting. This idea would help smaller channels grow and it would also let the viewers support their favorite streamers/content creators just by spending time with them. Everyone could use a little positive boost and this would be a great way to show support and positivity. Thank…

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I think it would be a good idea so people will actually watch the ad to get channel points that way the streamer and viewer would benifit.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I have a loyalty reward where people can redeem "codes" to enter for giveaways but I have to manually fill the orders, it would be great if you can set a default short message that gets sent to the redeemer as a whisper so I can auto deliver information/codes/redeemable verbal messages to the person who redeems privately and instantly for automation.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Many streamers have a feature where if you donate a certain amount of currency, whether that be bits or the local currency the streamer has setup on their streaming provider, your message will come up on stream and get read aloud by a voice that the streamer can customize. Because there is generally a minimum amount to get this text-to-speech feature (TTS), and it is a big moneymaker for some people, I don't know how many people would use this feature, but I think it would be a good idea to allow channel points to pay for TTS messages. I…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently we need to upload 112x112, 56x56, and 28x28 icons when adding a custom icon to a channel point redemption. It's just a small hassle, especially for someone like me who's tinkering with channel point rewards constantly. The automatic resizing is already done for emotes - it would be nice to have it on these icons as well.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. So I have a lot of points for a streamer I watch but can’t really do anything usefull with it. I think it would be great if it was not only possible to unlock an emote for 24 hours but if it was also possible to gift another viewer an emote for 24 hours using your channelpoints. I would love to see this feature added. It would really improve the interaction between viewers as well

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow the use of sounds as channel rewards for users i.e the ability to upload specific sounds that can be redeemed

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Channel Points...I love them already. I do. I'm using them as I'm typing here. One great idea though imo...I really would like it even better if Twitch gave us a bunch of random icons to choose from to use with each custom reward we have. I don't have any custom icons and as a gamer, streamer, and upcoming holiday lover, I don't know about you but, I don't have the money to pay for a bunch of icons at different resolutions to be honest lol. I KNOW alot of streamers will love to have this option as well. My first…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. This will allow the viewers to stay and rack up points and if they truly enjoy your content they will sit there and stay! This helps the streamer & twitch longevity

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When a channel point redemption is marked as refunded it should go back in stock.

Otherwise automatic systems that refund on errors directly, for example if something is missing in the message, can be easily abused forcing the item to go out of stock forever.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Idea: Allow regulars (or anyone) to pin their favorite rewards to be visible in a specific panel and clicking them would instantly redeem the rewards without asking for confirmation.

Motivation: Some rewards are time sensitive and made for repeated use, it would be great to enable a more stream-lined experience for using these.

Some examples from my own stream:
    1. Take a screenshot
    2. Channel trophy (name on screen)
    3. Sound effects

How: The info box for a reward has a lot of empty space, add a "Pin: [ ]" checkbox or similar in the same space to pin it…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 12 votes

We're glad you're here