Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. 1) The bonus channel point that shows up to click seems to be broken occasionally. Sometimes when it does show up and I redeem it, it shows up again right after, but says the points cannot be claimed, and cannot show up again until after I reload the stream.
    2) The community goal for contributing channel points doesn't show up at all, either in the rewards section or in the chat when someone contributes.

Info:
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9 (model # SM-G960U)
    Android version: 10 (One UI version: 2.1, Baseband version: G960USQSETH5)
    Twitch app version: 9.9.2

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. One thing bothers me about the Boost: people are suggested to me that I can't understand because I don't speak their language. It would be nice if these promotions were more specialized.

For example, if someone often watches German & English streamers, that they are suggested to him.

What should I do with a streamer if I can't understand him?

Also, by being "Promoted" you don't see the viewership & you can't mark the person as "not interested" like you can with normal streams.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Boost this stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disable option. Because each time the poll pops up, it takes 50% of the screen (mobile/tablet). And apparently I as a dutch person am not allowed to articipate. It annoys me something I may not even participate in, keeps popping up in my screen. It makes me want to turn off the chat completely.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Have the ability to tag rewards as applicable or not applicable for certain games.
    For example, have "pick which tank type" as only applicable for World of Tanks, or War Thunder, but let "Knives only" be applicable for CoD, Rainbow Six, CS:Go and the like.
    You could have them appear and disappear as you switch the actual stream description of what game you're playing, instead of having to manually go in every time and remove/add them, or... worse yet... have them all there at once and end up with a list of rewards in the hundreds.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. DU FÅR POÄNG GENOM ATT KOLLA FÖLJA

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I'm in the process of developing a game designed to use channel points (CP) as a means for viewers to interact with it. I however have encountered a couple of minor issues that would be detrimental or unintended side effects of the game due to limitations in the channel point system.

Firstly, there is no way to order CP rewards manually. Since the CP rewards are the viewers interface and resulting action, it would be much better to have them ordered by type of action rather then the cost of the action. In addition I wanted to use a "NOTES"…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When the boost this stream happens everyone raised 25k Channel points in under an hour, so if every time the goal is completed on a stream make the next time for 50k and the stream is shown to 5.6k people!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. A channel point leaderboard

I feel like this would be another fun inclination for viewers to stay in channels and to show who is most active in the communities.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. i will continue to hate on the issue you let strippers, ladies, get into nothing on TWITCH that teenagers and young middleschoolers watch.
    amouranth continues to broadcast herself on twitch with * exposure, and you call yourselves a gaming website??? HA USED TO, welcome to being known as the new softcore stripper website.
    i saw another lady rubbing two ASMR microphones like
    , while looking into the camers. WTF

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I have a varying set of channel point redeems for specific games, and having to grind through the list every day I stream isn't only tiring, but not having categories makes it harder to balance the amount of redeems that are available.

To expand on this, if we were able to get categories both in our management and folders within the channel points redemption widget, it'd allow for much more creativity. As it stands, I am very afraid of putting in all the ideas I have due to the possibility that the amount of options might become overwhelming, not to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Actually let people link their twitch to their psn accounts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I KingBL am given 1 million points on all channels on twitch. I will make a very funny youtube video from it. I will it call it I gambled for 1 million. It will get massive views on youtube. I think this is a really good idea

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I feel like this does favor big streamers. Like, sure you can scale it this way or that. But if you have 0-5 viewers, this won't do anything for you. Perhaps if you could accumulate these points and use them to raid a small stream?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. channel points are pointless ****

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. what if there’s a system where if a smaller creator, and I mean someone who posts content/streams, boosts a larger creator via channel points, they get a mini boost of their own by a thing popping up in chat saying “this person booted this large creator!” & they get a little spot on the main page. just an idea

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I love channel point predictions and I look forward to this aspect of Twitch GROWING.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I can’t do a lot of things that moderators on pc can do and I think they should provide a way for people on mobile to fulfill more duties as a moderator

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Seria interessante que o moderador consiga escolher o resultado da aposta mesmo que ele tenha palpitado, pois se o mesmo tentar manipular o resultado o próprio streamer, os viewers e os demais moderadores podem advertir.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Predictions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. My friends vision isn’t so great from the new colour of the channel points bonus box under twitch chat. Is there any way to revert the colour or to change it entirely? Or even just ask to make it a more visual friendly colour again? He suffers from colour weakness and I’m sure others like him or with full colour blindness may find it difficult in seeing the colour of the box. I think it’s more to do with the time of the colour but it causes him physical discomfort.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Would love a way to create categories for the channel points in the managing section. I know that I and other creators have specific redemption's for what we are streaming. Specific to the game we play, ones that will be available all the time, etc. Instead of trying to find all the ones to enable or disable would be nice if they were all together.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?