Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. If one of the options in your prediction is "not compliant with our content guidelines", the title/name of the prediction is highlighted in red, instead of the option(s) that is at fault

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. As of right now one has to use the popup window to start and complete a prediction.
    It would be great if you could start a prediction with /prediction [Name of prediction] [Outcome 1] [Outcome 2] [Duration] and select the outcome in a similar fashion to allow some kind of automation.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Predictions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Evidently in trying to collect data on the optimal way to implement the Boost feature, there's a group of streamers that are getting the boosts and others that are not. This makes sense but to reduce bias, it may be needed to have a second part data collection where the group that did not get any boosts get the boosts instead, and compare the results from the two parts. This can help identify any biases, if any, and will be more fair (and thus reduce dissatisfaction of smaller streamers that we're seeing).

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Boost this stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. On Twitch Embed Players with video and chat (https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/embed/everything), it is currently not possible to gain Channel Points while watching.
    It is possible to spend Channel Points with an embedded player/chat, so it seems necessary to obtain them while watching as well.
    Thanks!

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. If the mods/streamer pick the wrong option or misclick for a prediction, they should be able to refund all points to the original holders or even change the result.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make it so the predictions stay open until the timer bar runs out please.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I would like to see a predictions log, see which mod gave the predictions to, and everything about it, BC some channels have a lot of mods and sometimes streamers needs to know who gave the predtctions to who, in short, some mods scam.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. It would be a pretty neat way to incentivise people if certain Channel Point Rewards were restricted to Subscribers only (and one step further would be to separate between the tiers).

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I am no where close to being a partner, and this happened for me (average 12 viewers). I was so amazed when I got the oppurtunity for this. It was a bit tough to reach the goal, but you have 2 days. When I completed the Boost challenge it made my stream boost to 56 viewers. It only last about 10 mins. I feel like if this is going to be a thing, let the small streamer enjoy the Boost a little longer. I do not feel this option should be for partners.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Boost this stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The community goal for contributing channel points doesn't show up at all on mobile application.

So some viewers (who use mobile exclusively) can't use the community goal feature.

Please fix this.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The point multipliers have recently changed so that it is fairer that if you are paying for a higher tier sub, you receive a higher multiplier. Unfortunately, as opposed to increasing the multiplier for higher-tiered, lower tiers had their multipliers drastically lowered to the point of not really being that different from a non-subscriber. Idk how it may look from the pov of Twitch Staff, but from a user, getting 12 points for passive watch time and 60 points for an active watch time bonus while a non-subscriber gets 10 and 50 points respectively just doesn't seem that fair. When…

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Similar to how the streamlabs currency worked where you could use /give [user] 50 points

Streamers should have the option to be able to give out channel points to viewers for community rewards. Eg winning a community game gives you 50 channel points. When you gift 5+ subs the streamer can spin a wheel of how many extra channel points they get etc The possibilities are endless.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The streamer that I mod for is busy being entertaining and streaming and keeping viewers excited, and they don't have time to go through and queue up songs for the playlist (one of the new channel point prizes we have in our channel). It would be helpful if mods had the ability to access the same interface as the streamers get, to help out.

337 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I would like to display an alert after the prediction pool got set and paid out for example. A connected Leaderboard would be great too.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add another stat, probably under total voters or highest bet, that shows what the average amount bet was per side. I think it would show which side is more confident about their pick by having a higher average amount bet than the other side.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Dear Twitch,
    I strongly believe that It would be a good idea to implement a fix into twitch making people eligible to collect channel points in multiple streams at the same time. By doing this, many people will have the opportunity to redeem rewards in their favourite twitch streamers stream by simply having a tab of their stream open when ever they are live. Knowing that you are able to watch something else or even another streamer/s and still collect channel points will overall make people happy. I have had my own experience with this as it has been very…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I think it would be nice if you could donate channel points between users, so you could unite a streamer's community more

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I want to be able to offer the facility to hold an auction to in effect buy and sell plots within Cities Skylines.

This would allow the viewers to effectively buy a home or business for themselves whilst I'm playing the game, so it would be named after themselves. This would create a fantastic involvement between viewers and the game.

They could then go onto my discord and agree a price with other players in order to sell their property for a profit, but we'd need a system to transfer points between users...

I feel this could be applied to…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. As a Mod we should be able to use our points on a Make It Rain option where we can input the number of points and the number of recipients, and let the algorithm used for handing out gifted subs, pick who gets the points (equal amounts among the number of people designated). I would rather be able to give points to members of chat to be able to interact more, than use em to highlight my message or alter an emote.

231 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I have a loyalty reward where people can redeem "codes" to enter for giveaways but I have to manually fill the orders, it would be great if you can set a default short message that gets sent to the redeemer as a whisper so I can auto deliver information/codes/redeemable verbal messages to the person who redeems privately and instantly for automation.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?