Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Chat polls are a super fun way to keep chat engaged and excited about whats happening in the community and on screen, and it would be cool to have at least a small channel point incentive for participating.

147 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Give Streamers the option to use a certain amount of Emotes (Maybe more for Partners or something like 1 + 1/10 of your unlocked Emoteslots rounded up) to be unlockable by Channelpoints but not by Subscribing or Cheering. Every Streamer can chose the cost of the Emotes they want to have themselves.

This allowes Streamers to give something back to the Community and makes it possible to get emotes by just watching and being Active in the Stream and the Community when the people cannot support monetarily. This also still incentivises to Gain More Subs due to getting the possibility…

131 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. prevent the streamer from scamming chat after predictions close.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Predictions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I would like to display an alert after the prediction pool got set and paid out for example. A connected Leaderboard would be great too.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. For rewards that allow a message and also have a cooldown, they simply show 'out of stock', instead of a countdown for the cooldown like rewards without allowing messages. It would be useful if the user could see the cooldown for these types of rewards too.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I wish you and the team would stop trying to push features like this. Instead of having a "boost" feature, why not work on a better way to make smaller content creators to be discovered?

Many have resulted in branching out to other social media and content creation platforms in order to funnel more viewers into twitch because of the over saturation of streams. Look at how addictive YouTube and Tik Tok are... Also look at how easy they are to just continuously browse and find new content. These are the things you should be focused on.

Honestly, Small streamers…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Boost this stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I will preface this suggestion that I am comparing twitches current channel point system to Streamelements since twitch feels very limiting and we could do so much more with it instead of resorting to a 3rd party to use channel points which makes it inconvenient for viewers. With that being said comments saying just use Streamelements isn't helpful, i'd love everyone's actual thoughts towards this.

Currently Twitch's channel point system feels very limiting overall especially when compared to other channel point systems aka streamelements.

Part 1: Issue with Current Twitch Channel Point Earned System

With its current setup Twitch unfortunately…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. So I like the idea, but just a few tweaks. I like how the challenge can just pop up and we have a couple days to complete it, but upon completion can we save the boost for the future? I got the challenge on my "friday" so I felt compelled to make sure I completed it within the time frame forcing me to stream on my day off. I did complete it but then the boost happened right away. I would love to see it for the next stream where I can prepare for it, kind of like a front…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Boost this stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I would like to see a predictions log, see which mod gave the predictions to, and everything about it, BC some channels have a lot of mods and sometimes streamers needs to know who gave the predtctions to who, in short, some mods scam.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When you reach a certain amount of points, the only way to get more is to bet 250k each time. When you have a large amount, 250k is slow to make more points. The more channel points allowed to bet, the more in the pot for people to make.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add another stat, probably under total voters or highest bet, that shows what the average amount bet was per side. I think it would show which side is more confident about their pick by having a higher average amount bet than the other side.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Now that Point Rewards can be created, updated, or deleted via the API streamers may be unaware (or simply forget) that an integration with their account is set up to modify point rewards.

An integration could change something on behalf of a streamer, and they may not know what is making that change.

A "Managed by XXXX App" could be added to the point reward page, showing the name of the application that updated that reward.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Similar way to redeem points to highlight my message or any other 'free text' redemption. However it will have a drop down list of options to pick from. This can be set to required.

This allows for a streamer to allow users to redeem points to select from a set of options. For example. A list of playable characters in the game for the chatters to select for the next match.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. https://twitter.com/kcdotmp4/status/1363631643668353025

Explains it with an image attached, but for those who don't want to click it; explanation below.

Basically it's a page where you can filter out by ascending/descending order in which channels you have the most channel points in, but it also displays if you forgot to follow said channels and if they're currently live along with their stream titles and displayed stats such as viewers/duration of stream, just kinda like your following/browsing page, but condensed nicely with the addition of being able to sort by channel points.

Because I have this really weird quirk about me where I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Добавить возможность смены цвета в выборе (розовый/голубой в другие цвета согласно цветам турнира на выбор)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Acquire points and redeem sound commands on stream to eliminate 3rd party apps

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Greetings.

My friend runs a very low-tier channel on twitch, and I'm the horrible computer janitor saddled with coding his insane demands. One of the rewards he offers is for people to become a "king of the stream". This doesn't do anything besides play a special sound, it's just a fun thing people can spend their points on.

Of course, we all know the internet; the more meaningless something is, the more people want it. Often, this reward is sniped while my friend is still getting set up and people are filing in. This kinda ruins it for everyone else…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Streamer decides to enable badges or not that show your total points in the channel similar to bit badges. It would be in levels like 100>, 1000, 10000, 100,000, 500,000, 1,000,000<

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Mobile users in the chat I moderate have had a notoriously hard time getting predictions to show up during stream.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?