Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

619 results found

1. I'd suggest moving the points counter and bonus button to the video screen in the browser version so people can redeem points without having to open chat, sometimes you don't have the chat open for various reasons and having to open and close it to check this is not ideal

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Being able to convert channel points into bits to use for that specific channel where you collected the channel points. Twitch can set an amount that would be beneficial to them and the Broadcaster.

2. Being able to use the channel points to subscribe to the channel. I mean we are there watching and supporting the broadcaster but it would bring in more viewers and watch time if the channel points actually mean something and is useful.

Example where channel points don't matter at all is at Maximilian_Dood's channel who is one of my favorite broadcasters. I have accrued so many…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. If the broadcaster deems it so, some reward cost should allow viewer to any amount of channel points they want.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. There really are very few incentives to subscribe to streamers channels and the rewards that you receive for watching are minimal. Similar to Mixer, viewers should somehow be able to spend their viewing points to help streamers boost their bit earnings.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When using the "modify an emote" option, if you select an emote to modify, then choose a modification, and finally click apply, if you click on the channel points button again, it will close the window; channel points will be taken, and you will get the modification, but your display for number of channel points owned will not change.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow the streamer to add a % discount to all or some of the redemption rewards (ie. Hydrate is 1000, but with a 20% discount it becomes 800). Go all out with it and add a "20% OFF" tag on that redemption to make it known. More of a quality of life thing since this can be done by changing the points manually, but seeing a discount and making a big deal about it would get people more excited about it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. You can enter custom bets on a browser, but on mobile you can only bet in increments of 10. Please add a custom amount option while on mobile.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. continued... in order for my points to go through, i have to spam click the 10 because it only goes through sometimes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. What I am thinking would be a channel point booster that would allow everyone in the channel to reach a Twitch Specified Goal i.e Twitch would scale the amount needed. Once the amount of channel points were pooled by the community it would trigger a community channel points "hype train" during this time anyone using bits would receive a specific percentage off their bits 5% , 10% similar to when the heart events go on. They could also receive a price break on any gifted or purchased subs during this time. I think this would bring in a lot of…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please Twitch fix that. I watch my favorite streamer and if Nightbot mutes me, i can NOT predict points. PLEASE FIX IT.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I think the community channel points feature could be expanded to be a battle system. Team A vs Team B or idea 1 vs idea 2. For example I wanted to do a channel point community battle for Horde v Alliance. First team to get XYZ points wins. I had to enter this manually but would have been awesome to be automatic like the other immunity challenge. Or a tug of war type system would be really great. Could be used for many incentives/ideas across channels.

TLDR: channel point battles

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Twitch added this amazing list to help us customize our channel point list beside the basic 5 we get, however I would like to see some automated options in there.

They added a couple Twitch-related rewards and they might be hard to keep track of while also playing games like:
    - Timeout
    - Emote-only Chat
    - Ad Time
    Since these are all Twitch related I was hoping they could be automated, or at least give us the option for it. Especially the Emote-only can be a pain to keep track on as it's time related and all.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. So far I've experienced a huge discrepancy between number of viewers and points required to boost a stream. Smaller streamers regularly get 30k+ requirements, while slightly bigger streamers get 20k- requirements.
    A better correlation between viewer numbers and point requirements would be nice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow viewer to turn off polls, they ruin viewing experience because you have to close them manually

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Inspired by seeing a Skip a Song reward on one of the channels that cost 250k points. It's too costly to be worth and if one guy somehow buys that, it can be unpleasant to all other viewers.

The default option should be called "individual" and streamer can change it to be "collective".

F.e. collective reward costs 50k, you can pay only 5k to enter and when 10 people enter, reward is completed.

You can see the progress of a reward online in all rewards menu. If you enter and it's uncompleted, you will have an option to leave at…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Several community members who have already used points towards a Stream Boost goal (including myself) are unable to use any more points when a new Boost Stream opportunity pops up. This issue has persisted across days and streams.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. HI! I thought about an idea where instead of the boost "just popping up" on stream randomly, we can get a ticket or token that we can activate or turn on. Once turned on you can't turn it off until it expires. It would give communities a chance to make it special or even schedule it. It could have an expiration date so it will motivate the streamer to start it soon. I would love if we could hold the boost for another stream, giving time to prep, again. That way the streamer can talk about it on social medias…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow streamers to customize the background of the reward buttons, not just the icon, and make the icon optional. Right now the reward redemption buttons look very plain and too similar to one-another because they're just solid-colored shapes with tons of blank space. I would love to use an image to cover the entire body of the reward button, not just a small icon in the center. Not only would this allow the rewards to be more visually distinct from one-another, but it could be used to make cool visuals by combining the background and icon (i.e., a reward called…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Being able to set a in and max amount of points to bet. There are times I would not want viewers to bet a large amount of channel points on a question due to it's "ease to answer"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. A couple of ideas to improve the way channel points work.

• Ability to group rewards, and possibility to bulk enable or disable them by group / use case would be if the streamer has rewards that are tied to a game, such as selecting a character, so they can easily switch available rewards when they stop playing

• More API control over channel points (change active and inactive rewards, approve or decline rewards).

• Possibility to manually reward viewers with channel points, change modifiers for subs / VIPs, etc.

• Adding possibility to add cooldowns to redemptions

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?