Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

618 results found

1. The channel I mod for has a channel point prize for adding a song to a warm up playlist. It would be good if we had the ability to set keys and values on the message that gets sent for the channel point redemption message. So I could set like "reward: song" and then "url: {whatever the url is}" etc.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Deafult channel points reward that gives you the power of posting a texted message while the chat is in emote-only chat.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I'd love to be able to change the icon of the 'Modify a Single Emote' reward with an image of one of my emotes with, for example, the Flower Crown, but sadly the preview provided is only 56 x 56 where as it requires 112 x 112

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The Twitch point ToS says "Points cannot otherwise be exchanged for items that have value outside of the website" but i have seen several screenshots of Twitch personnel giving the "OK" for streamers to offer their merch as a reward. If merch Items are allowed it should say it in the ToS.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Some viewers in my stream notified me about losing their entire channel points (some of them having already 10k) idk why or how this happened, neither if it has also happened to other streamers, is there a way to fix this error?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. With Social Distancing becoming more and more important during current events, It might be nice to use Channel Points to modify emotes by adding face masks to promote Social Distancing.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The Extend Duration feature in the Community Challenges says "Desired Duration (30 days max)" - if you select 30 days, it fails, however anything less works. The function, when you select 30 days, returns this error: "Something went wrong. Please try again." - as soon as you select something less than 30, it goes through.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It takes too long to get to the higher point items. Not many have 2-3 hours to spend watching a stream in order to get a specific emote they want. And once they get it they only have 24 hours to use it. That is not long enough especially for people who do not watch during the night time hours. Changing this will get people more interested in Channel Points.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. People are suggesting an API for channel points, and initially it seems like a good idea, but a forum post I saw elsewhere explained the privacy concerns of being able to track channel points through an API. But instead of an API for channel points, what if we were able to link REDEMPTION of channel points rewards to an API, and additionally create native Twitch commands that configure channel points acquisition rates and conditions (ie. active chatters vs lurkers or 10 points/5 minutes default vs 20 points/5 minutes default), as well as give streamers the ability to add or remove…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I'm a moderator for a relatively large channel that used a channel points reward to integrate with a crowd control mod, and the reward was redeemed some thousands of times over the course of two streams. To get these out of the queue would take hours of refreshing the reward queue page (which displays only 100 of one reward at once) with an autoclicker on, or deleting the reward and replacing it with a new one. Neither of these seem particularly optimal, but a button to mark all as complete would nullify the issue—though it is of course a minor…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Channel Points...I love them already. I do. I'm using them as I'm typing here. One great idea though imo...I really would like it even better if Twitch gave us a bunch of random icons to choose from to use with each custom reward we have. I don't have any custom icons and as a gamer, streamer, and upcoming holiday lover, I don't know about you but, I don't have the money to pay for a bunch of icons at different resolutions to be honest lol. I KNOW alot of streamers will love to have this option as well. My first…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Just looking to simplify the rewards system with some preset options in a multiple choice setup as a way to mitigate some of the confusion and misunderstandings from typos and missing info when redeeming rewards that only have a few options to choose from

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please add a 20x20 option for channel points icons, so I don't have to look at a distorted 28x28 icon.

Alternatively, make the channel points icons display at native resolution (28x28).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. There is a bug where the contribution to a channel points community challenge will be shown in chat several times (like 50 times) so that you cannot see the rest of the chat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I was trying to manage the Reward Queue in a channel I moderate and wasn't sure if a reward was fulfilled. What would really help this is to show the timestamp of the reward in the queue, so we can determine whether it has been fulfulled.
    Example: Redeemed: Feb 25 2020 5:00pm AEDT

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make the channel points button usable while in full screen mode while viewing a channel. As it is, we can't be in full screen for this.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The set up would be an affiliate/partner would be able to create a collectible series of emotes/cards etc that their viewers could then spend loyalty points on purchasing packs that have a random selection of the collectibles inside.

Once a viewer has completed the series, they are able to prestige the collection and advance the grade by collecting the same emotes/cards again but more of them in order to progress to a grade that is a higher collection and each collection completed could earn the viewer a badge.

The idea behind this is to increase the incentive of a viewer's…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I run a custom interactive overlay that lets users spend points for in-game effects. Right now they can save up points from multiple streams and spend them all at once to get a big advantage. I'd love a setting that makes it more expensive for a user to redeem a channel point reward for each time they've done it during that stream — it'd encourage them to spread out their spending a little.

For example, I could set the initial cost of a reward to 200, and the increment to 50. The first time in a stream that a user…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Channel Points to pay for additional Chat Poll votes like bits, exactly what it says on the tin! Right now the polls are a really fun feature and the channel points have a lot of potential in being integrated with an already existing feature, this time giving newer viewers an incentive to stick around instead of only favoring the viewers with money.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?