Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Allow the streamer to add a % discount to all or some of the redemption rewards (ie. Hydrate is 1000, but with a 20% discount it becomes 800). Go all out with it and add a "20% OFF" tag on that redemption to make it known. More of a quality of life thing since this can be done by changing the points manually, but seeing a discount and making a big deal about it would get people more excited about it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The Channel Points feature in Twitch is incredible, but it's missing one key feature (see title). Being able to award viewers extra points for sticking around an entire stream or for just being a regular can go a long ways with building a stronger community. Another benefit to this would be having the ability to correct a mistake, such as if a viewer accidentally misclicks in a prediction or the streamer isn't clear enough in the prediction instructions and loses points due to that mistake, the streamer can refund all (or at least some) of the points.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I've personally found great difficulty creating anything significant out of channel points simply because there isn't a way to be reliably notified when a prize has been redeemed. If they functioned in a similar way to Followers or Subscribers where it's API can be accessed, this could improve upon its function significantly.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Facilitate the management and creation of predictions from the Twitch application on mobile phones, for those moderators who do not find it easy or who do not have a PC at hand.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Would be awesome to trigger predictions with commands, so i dont have to alt+tab everytime i want to set or end a prediction. Something like !set prediction [Question][Yes/No][Time]. So we could just make a hotkey and start them ingame and everywhere.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. As a small streamer, I noticed bets aren't really a viable option for me. Often when my viewers bet it isn't up against anyone at all or a very limited selection of people. This makes all bets very skewed or disproportionate to how they should be. I understand the point of predictions is to redistribute points, and not to create a new source for points, even so, I think if the streamer could set a ratio for options 1 & 2 that pays out no matter what it would really help small streams. To further explain what I mean, the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Let all channels ask their viewers to Boost This Stream. Except perhaps the channels who don't need boosting but are already doing fine for viewership.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Boost this stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. If you select a Channel Points reward that doesn't accept any text-input, a "Back"-button is shown in the upper left corner, along with the "Close"-button in the upper right corner of the dialog.

If you instead select a reward that accepts text-input, the "Back"-button is gone, so the only way to get back to the rewards overview is by closing the dialog completely and then reopen it.

Not only is this a slight annoyance for your average user, but it's an even greater annoyance for visually impaired users.

Additionally, the "Back"-button in the rewards dialog is missing a description in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. continued... in order for my points to go through, i have to spam click the 10 because it only goes through sometimes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please add sound alerts when predictions are started. There are people working from home and keeping the streams open on the side.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Por favor, nos consoles não tem como resgatar pontos, é necessário entrar no celular para isso. Seria muito melhor. (PORTUGUESE)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make Affiliates and Partner able to create default points reward which gives access to one emote (out of emotes that the streamer has selected) to use forever. The emotes could be sub emotes or special points emotes. These could be used to reward loyal viewers and create limited time emotes that could be used even after the limited time is over.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Viewers who have saved up a lot of points can spam them in a short time which ruins the idea of the rewards purpose or becomes annoying.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. bonjour twitch, je voudrais proposer mon idée concernant la visibilité sur twitch. je me disais que s'il était possible de créer des points pas pour les chaines comme il existe déjà mais plutôt des points de compte, et avec des niveaux, auxquels on pourrait gagner de L'XP en découvrant de nouveau streamer, ou aussi dépensé ses points personnels dans des accessoires personnels ou des utilités en interaction avec les streamers

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Boost this stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Most of the time I prefer to watch streams on my Smart TV, in my confortable couch, the problem with that is that I dont get any channel points, even being logged in the smart tv app during the watch sessions, that kinda sucks, well then, if it sucks to me, it must suck to other persons too, please do something about that.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. This prediction is not available to viewers in your region.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add an option to use a roulette feature where people can assign points that will land on a random prediction, would be really nice if more than one option on predictions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please Twitch fix that. I watch my favorite streamer and if Nightbot mutes me, i can NOT predict points. PLEASE FIX IT.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Me sale al escribir en el chat el número correspondiente, pero no .e sale haber votado los puntos y cuando acaba no me dan los que deberían.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?