Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Page

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Page

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

407 results found

1. Highlights misleadingly have the text "Check out this <game> stream from x days ago," which isn't appropriate, since highlights are very different from full streams. These videos need to at the very least have a prominently displayed title, and it must be very clear whether a video is a stream or a highlight.

Example: After the trailer, my first featured video is a highlight from 21 days ago of me reacting to a hype train. I don't want it misrepresented as an example of "a <game> stream" with no further information.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Videos  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Have the stream schedule laid out in the form of a calendar. This way people can plan for long term and have a familiar look of a calendar we see every day.

Each day is a clickable field to give more details (or mouse over). Perhaps have a stream icon be a movable object you can dynamically drag and drop, move, copy & edit on a live calendar (to cancel a stream, drag into a garbage bin icon and give the streamer the ability to automatically send a message/notification to followers with notification turned on.)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When I add social media links, I don't have any idea how many are allowed until I hit the limit and suddenly can't add more. It's a minor-ish UI issue, but useful.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  About  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. This new layout completely ignores that there are streams with more than one person behind them.

My fiance and I, run our channel together we don't stream at the same time in fact we stream twice a day (Him at 3PM and me at 9PM), we also have a coop stream on Saturday's. The schedule is forcing us to put one time, when our panels have everything we need customized.

The schedule tab should go away, because it doesn't accurately represent EVERY stream type on Twitch.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Schedule  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would rather have viewers who come to my page see either my info picture, the person I'm hosing, or go straight to my content. I'm not interested in showing them the Channel Trailer unless they go to view it on my About page to learn more.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Trailer  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Instead of just having an option to say a stream is cancelled, it would be nice to make the listing as invisible to our viewers. That way we can freely edit the listing without creating confusion, or hide it if that stream/activity doesn't happen on any given week.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. While streamers may stream at the same time every week on their schedule, they may not stream the same thing on each day. Having common presets for titles, categories and tags for games or activities that we actively cycle between will make it easier when for scheduling rather than having to retype them out whenever we change things up.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The schedule tab is extremely redundant if it's not tied to your timezone. The current extension will show the streamer's schedule in the time zone of the system viewing it. This is SO important as we all know noon CET is most definitely not noon PST. From the looks of things now, we'll just be able to set our schedules to a time, and it will then be up to the viewer to keep track of what timezones we are in. Thus the schedule will not be usable for the viewer.
    This should also include the option for the streamer…

172 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  mouse responded

Just to provide some clarity – we actually already handle the timezone translation for both streamer and viewer, so viewers should be able to see exactly when you’re going live in their timezone. We realize it’s tricky because we don’t have any messaging that explains this, so we will be working to get that added.

9. The top panel on the "about" page and the schedule page are bland to look at. I would love to be able to choose an accent color or add my own graphics, especially if the panels will not be on the main page. It takes away a lot of the individual expression that we're allowed with the current layout.

168 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    mouse responded

I’m leaving this topic open for the specific feedback presented, but just wanted to update that the team has added some more customization options since the launch, and will continue to add customization to the page over time. Thanks for your suggestions!

10. Information on the "home" tab is useful, but I don't want it to be the first thing people see when they come to my channel. I'd much rather they see the panels that I paid to have designed, and the information I put there specifically to be front and center.
    I do like the information such as Recent games played, and the other channels to check out. I'd like it if there were a way to merge the two so that the information on the home tab is readily accessible, but NOT what immediately greets the viewers.

390 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Investigating  ·  20 comments  ·  Home  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Title says it all, late night streamers since the schedule has it way on the right doesn't show the image. People will recognize the image before just text and respond quicker to that. Some may not even read it at all. So late night streamers have that going against them.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Perhaps there could be a feature implemented where you are able to not only optimize your panel boxes when chat is open, but also have a separate profile for when it is closed instead of it looking clean on one format, but not the other. I feel that it would make all channels look just a bit cleaner due to the fact that the panels won't rearrange themselves and look nice one moment, then jumbled the next.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Panels  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The CSS3 Selector is .tw-typeset blockquote -- I would love to see a background-color added to it with the HEX color #0c0c0e for Dark Theme. I did this in the Dev Tools and it looks amazing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Panels  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. As a streamer, I want to have the ability to disable shelves such as "Recent broadcasts" and enable only custom collections or "Recent highlights and uploads", or "Popular clips".

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Videos  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I think it would be useful to be able to toggle panels on/off instead of having to remove them and re-add them each time.
    For example, I'd like to have a panel with information specific to a game I'm playing, but if I'm playing a different game I'd like to turn it off temporarily and not have to worry about setting it up all over when I go back to the other game.

152 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Panels  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. One handy feature that would help new streamers would be an "add to auto-host list" button. This would allow users to add other channels to their lists without having to copy and paste their name or search them. This way, new streamers looking to build up their list can search for channels that stream similar content and add them without having to navigate back to the setting panel every time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When searching for a streamer's particular past broadcasts, it would help to have categories for each particular game (similar to how it is on the "browse" section), makeable playlists to watch later, and exact date of upload (instead of "1 month ago", "1 year ago". etc.). This would make things much easier for those of us who do not always watch live and like to watch particular games by particular streamers.

For example: I wanted to watch a Persona 5 stream (which is usually 100-200 hrs) from 2 years ago. I tried to manually search and got only 10 results…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Videos  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The User should have the ability to upload different panels for the light and the dark mode.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Panels  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Currently, users can only see the last 4 updated 'collection' videos. This was not the case many months ago.

Being able to scroll further down and see all the collections a broadcaster has produced (like myself) in the form of a playlist is a awesome.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Videos  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I'd like the ability to link statically to a user profile (e.g. "twitch.tv/u?id=14712815"), so that the link works regardless of the user's name changing.

Comes very much in handy when you need to link to a users page somewhere that is not easily changed later on; for example a news article, or a blog post.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?