Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Page

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Page

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

414 results found

1. Just to allow more detail and freedom, especially to those that draw their own panels.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Panels  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Right now it seems extremely onerous, if I know I'm not going to be able to stream one particular night or my plan for that night is going to change, to have to dig into the schedule UI and mess around with things. It'd be great to make this case more ergonomic (esp. something like "activate vacation mode for just today") via a dashboard button or something.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Vacation mode should actually...vacate...the future stream schedule up until the day the streamer expects to return.

2. When the vacation is for one day, saying "Bob will return in X hours" would work better if it calculated based on the next scheduled stream time (if one exists) rather than based on midnight of the day after the vacation ends. Saying I'll return in 14 hours when my next stream would actually be in 36 hours is rather confusing.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. RE night streamers: Streams starting at 8PM or later have basically zero horizontal real-estate making them unreadable on the schedule.

RE weekday streamers: the schedule seems to only show a fixed week, with past VODs filling the elapsed portion and the schedule filling in the upcoming portion. This is sort of neat BUT it means that once Saturday/Sunday roll around at the end of the calendar, you see nothing about the upcoming schedule anymore, seemingly defeating the purpose of the whole thing.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like to see an integration, where I can import an iCalendar (like Google Calendar, Apple iCal, etc.) to sync with my schedule on twitch. Or the other way round an export function or a API, with which I can import my Twitch schedule to an application that supports iCal/webCal.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Schedule  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Where you can see the channel trailer/past broadcast it would be cool to to have an option to display on the left and/or right a "summary" of your about and a condensed version of the schedule. That way the viewer can get a lot of quick info about who you are and when they can catch you!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Banner  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I feel like it would be easier to find where to edit your bio if it were located somewhere besides in your Account Settings page (which took me a minute to find again).
    It might fit well under Preferences>Channel, where all of the other channel page settings seem to be located. Could even maybe be in both?

Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  About  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. As a streamer you know you can use/set panels underneath your stream, but sometimes you just want to disable one, it's not possible you find out then and you'll have to delete it. It would be handy if you can disable them to not need to make them entirely again (i'm talking about the text and links with them now btw)

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Panels  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Why would you get rid of the one thing that makes live content special just because the streamer is not online at the minute?

Lot of channels have chat interaction even when the stream is offline and this new interface makes it so newcomers won't know that there are other people in the channel chatting and such. It's also the easiest and fastest way to figure out some simple info about the channel via commands (!twitter, !socials...)

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Home  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I do variety and also have no "set" shedule, which makes the schedule panel a bit wonky. I think it will lead to more confusion for my audience and people who discover my page as well as other streamers who operate the same. I'd love to see an option to condense this for those of us to encourage the use of notifications and stream as we feel. That aside, the general setup is useful for people who do stream schedules (minus the requirement to list the game that is going to be played). I enjoy how clean the new page…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The about section has a limit of 300 chars, which it doesn't stop you from breaking; it just truncates what you entered. This can lead to lost edits, which antagonizes creators who want to use the site's features.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Panels let you format with Markdown; now that the about section is front and center, it should support Markdown, too.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow to customize which videos appear on the offline page between highlights, previous streams, clips, and even allows users to focus on uploads if they so choose. I found my highlight appeared right after my previous broadcast when I highlight old streams for review purposes. This would be an extremely handy feature.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Carousel  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The way the schedule panel is set up right now, with a full 24h time slot, if your stream begins at 10PM everyday the panels will look split between days and they won't show the full information in them, making them useless and confusing.

It would be very nice if the streamer can choose either to only show a 12h layout or a specific time slot (e.g. from 6PM to 6AM) to accomodate to these cases.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Clips are an amazing feature on Twitch and I feel they're (already) somewhat underused. The new layout seems to make this worse, since clips don't even get their own header or section.

Something like a clip reel would make a great showcase for new viewers, plus something existing viewers can be proud of ("hey I clipped that!"). Perhaps it can be added on the home page? Or maybe just the option of merging several clips into one highlight video (per month, or whatever)?

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Videos  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    mouse responded

Hey guys, you can actually sort of set this up the way you’re describing! Head to the Videos tab and choose “Customize Layout”. From here, you can edit the layout to display your Clips (I have my own as the very top shelf on my homepage .). Similarly, you can create a Collection of Highlights to be your top shelf. I will leave this topic open for the general feedback about and the Home display, though.

15. Add the ability to add a "Business E-Mail" address to the social links. It would be nice to have everything in one neat area.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  About  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  mouse responded

The team is planning to add mailto: links so tha tyou can include your business email/etc =)

16. For whatever reason, I needed to specifically UPLOAD a video to use as a channel trailer. I couldn't use any of my existing highlights, clips, or collections. If the VOD meets the criteria (less than 60s, etc), why can't we use it as a channel trailer?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Trailer  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I generally stream from around 11pm to 4am my time, and that stretches the schedule to the full width which causes several different issues. It prevents game icons from being shown at all, it cuts off the name of the game and other important information since it's at the edge, and it prevents past stream VODs from displaying like they're supposed to. It seems at least slightly remedied by only setting 1 game that spans the entire length (sorry, variety streamers), but it still doesn't display the game icon unless it reaches at least 4.5 hours for one of the…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be super helpful for those who already have trailers made, if we could just trim them up to fit under 60 seconds. I can upload a trailer I already have but if it is too long I need to re-edit it outside of Twitch and upload again.

Could easily all be done within Twitch.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Trailer  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In the new Streaming Off interface, the panels are arranged in a sideways direction instead of to the right. This forces me to reorganize the size of the images on the panels to make them more symmetrical and more beautiful to the viewer.
    Please arrange the panels as in the Live interface

Greetings

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Panels  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)