Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Localization

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Localization

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

115 results found

1. I'm in Guatemala right now and when I try to view the Community Guidelines page, it puts it automatically in Spanish. I click Idiomas at the top and choose English, it loads the page, but then immediately switches back to the Spanish version! The only way I can read the English page is in an incognito window.
    I'm on Windows 10, Chrome.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ez nem lenni 5let, ez hiba. A profil menüben hibásan lenni fordítva a Drops messzidzs.
    Magyarul Droppok kéne lenni, hogy legyen, azaz hiánycicik egy PÉ betű.

köszipuszi

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When adding a new app at https://dev.twitch.tv/console/apps/create, the first field in Russian reads "Владелец", which translates to "Owner". In reality, this field is intended for the application name, and it reads just "Name" in English.

The correct translation would be "Название" ("Name"), or "Название приложения" ("Application name").

P.S. It's also impossible to change your language while on the dev.twitch.tv subdomain, and you have to navigate to the main site in order to change language.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Ana responded

Hey there,

Sorry it's taken so long to get a response to this feedback. I appreciate you reporting this translation error in such detail. I have reported it to our localization team for review. Thank you!

4. He notado que en la descripcion del video donde pone la fecha del stream guardado, cuando es de hace dos dias pone: "antier". Entiendo que en mexico y algunas zonas esto significa"anteayer o antes de ayer. Mi sugerencia es que sea cambiado ya que en la mayoria de latinoamerica no decimos esa palabra que es de una zona especifica. y que sea Anteayer o antes de ayer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The current translation is intending bad in Swedish.

“Om oss” (About) literally means “About us”. Much better to have a neutral term like “Info”, “Information” or “Om kanalen” (about the channel).

Similarly “Planera” (Schedule) is the verb to schedule something or to plan. Whoever translated this had no context for where it would be used. It should be “Tablå” which is the term Swedish TV and radio uses when discussing their broad at times.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. È anche possibile modificare solo l'uso delle lettere maiuscole nel nome visualizzato
    Message is shown up when i try to customize my "Nome Visualizzato" field
    You have to delete the word "anche" it is wrong useless and confusing in this phrase. For more feedback or help with italian, russian and ukrainian translations feel free to contact me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I have found a translation error on the following page (https://www.twitch.tv/directory/following). In the upcoming streams section on the followed page, if there is less than 1 hour left to the stream, for example, let's say 38 minutes left to the stream, instead of writing "38 dakika sonra başlıyor", it is written "38 dakika sonra dakika sonra başlıyor". This means something ridiculous like "It starts in 38 minutes after the minute" in English.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When hovering over a stream that is atted (@example_username) is says "Atrømmer" in norwegian, the correct word is "Strømmer" meaning streaming.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hello! There is a typo in the French Moderation panel, in the Level 2 of Ban Evasion Detection block: "Likely Evaders" and "Possible Evaders" are both translated in "Personnes contournant possiblement un bannissement".

In that way, in the first menu selector: "Personnes contournant possiblement un bannissement : Les personnes susceptibles de contourner un bannissement seront restreintes. Leurs messages ne seront envoyés qu'aux modérateurs." the word "possiblement" should be replaced by "probablement".

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Здравствуйте

С прошедшими праздниками.
    Мы хотели бы вам предложить сотрудничество и развитие вашего канала на территории Азербайджана.
    Просим вас рассмотреть вопрос сотрудничества и партнерства.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In Norwegian, when you click on "Bla gjennom" - > "Kategorier" -> "{game}" (Browse -> Category -> {game} in English) there is a highlighted stream running at the top. The button of which to watch the stream says "Følg strømmen" which translates to "Follow the stream". The word "Følg" is also used by Twitch to actually follow the stream, so it is very confusing. In English Twitch the "Følg strømmen" is "Join Stream", which makes alot more sense. You should find a better translation in Norwegian, like "Se på" (Watch), "Se på strømmen" (Watch the stream) or "Bli med" (Join).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I made screenshots to make clear what I mean. The first is the current state, for the seconds a adjusted the css so I could see the values that are hidden. https://imgur.com/a/rJrJ0sK

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The currently "experimental" reactions feature ( https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/reactions?language=en_US ) translates the "Love" reaction as "Romántica" (Romance) in Castilian Spanish. This has really bad implications towards the streamer-viewer relationship. It should be translated as "Me encanta", meaning you are enjoying the stream a lot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. First of all, I’d like to remove the eye symbol emote, as you know, some people on twitch are Muslims, and in Islam, eye symbol is haram (not allowed in Islam basically) so I’d like you to remove it immediately, second of all, lower down the ads, people are getting like 5-10 ads these days, yeah it helps out the streamer but still

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The Spanish translation for "While X is offline", at the main page, says "Mientras X está desconectado". This last word is masculine, making the phrase inaccurate for non-masculine streamers.
    I think, in order to be more inclusive, the correct phrase should be something like "Mientras X no tiene conexión" or "Mientras X no está en directo", avoiding words that depend on the streamer's gender identity.
    I didn't see this kind of mistake anywhere else, but I think this should be revised in general.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The Romanian translation for the most used word on this website is very odd and difficult to understand: "Redare in flux". You could keep it as "stream" or "live" or use something like "transmisiune".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. English: "# Channel Points awarded to # viewer(s)"
    Korean: "시청자 #명님에게 보생으로 # 채널 포인트를 드렸습니다"

There is a translation error in Korean at the streamer's dashboard > Predictions.
    It hasn't been fixed since long time ago.

"보생" must be fixed to "보상" as "awarded"`s translation.
    And "~님" is also awkward for Korean.

I suggest "시청자 #명에게 보상으로 # 채널 포인트를 드렸습니다"

Ref. image: https://imgur.com/tqGSkrC

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. "Unmodded" tag is translated as "Χωρίς εποπτεία", as you can see here https://www.twitch.tv/directory/all/tags/532af76e-eabd-451e-9709-cd1cc7653edb which means "without moderator/supervision" in the Greek language.

However, on this page, https://www.twitch.tv/directory/all/tags is described as "For streams that feature gameplay from an unmodified version of a game".

My suggestion is to change it from "Χωρίς εποπτεία" to "Χωρίς τροποποιήσεις", which means "without modifications".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The message says "Det har vært gitt ut [number] gaveabonnement i kanalen!" This translates to "There has been given out [number] gift subscriptions in the channel!" This reads as if the number is the total for all users, not just the user currently gifting.

I suggest changing it to ""De har gitt ut [number] gaveabonnement i kanalen!", translating to "They have given out [number] gift subscriptions in the channel!"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Most of Indonesians are cant speak / read English very well. To solve this problem, I want you to add Bahasa. That would help our community to grow up. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?