Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Localization

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Localization

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Hey everyone!

I'm located in Ukraine and got registered in Twitch some time ago.
    Since Twitch does not have Ukrainian localization yet I had to choose English one instead.

Luckily there is a petition to add Ukrainian locale here:
    https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/924619-localization/suggestions/43430019-add-ukrainian-localization-please

Nevertheless, when I logged in to my Twitch account today, I got an email notification in Russian, so I had to translate it to understand it well.

I don't know why it happened but I would like to receive notifications either based on my location (Ukraine - in Ukrainian) or based on my profile language (English and when Ukrainian will…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Translation Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all!

Could you please answer a few questions:

1. What was the language you chose when you created your account?
    2. Have you changed your preferred language at all since then or recently?
    3. Is this the first time you’ve received an email in your non-preferred language, or has it always been sending emails in Russian?
    4. To be clear, if you click on your profile picture, and under “Language”, you have “English” chosen, but are receiving Russian emails?

Edit:
    5. What is the language you have selected on https://help.twitch.tv?

2. When a chat is switched to the followers only mode, the message in czech says "Tato místnost je v režimu jen pro předplatitele.", Which says, it is in the subscribers only mode, which is not true.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Translation Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. If a user has gifted 10 subs, the English hover tooltip says: 10 Gift Subs
    In Danish i says: (Antal) Gaveabonnementer-badge

"Antal" is the Danish word for "count", "number" or "amount".
    It seems like a variable has been translated, which it should not have been.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Translation Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Приносим свои извинения. Это содержимое более не недоступно.

Can we delete "не" between "более" and "недоступно"?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hi. I found some mismatches in translation. Settings -> Advanced -> Video stats: Value translated as "Ценность" but the right word is "Значение"

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The german translation of the slow chat is wrong.

"Benutzer können 10 Mal pro Sekunde Nachrichten senden." translates to 'Users may send 10 messages every second.' instead of 'Users may send messages every 10 seconds.'

https://imgur.com/a/X9NDvDs

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. "Sørlige" is not a word in danish... I guess you mean "særlige" because that translates to "special". That being said I do not know what the word actually is supposed to be, as I have not seen the English edition of twitch in that category before. The only thing i do know, is that sørlige is not a word.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. If you show more information for the Slow-Chat-Mode the tooltip says: "Users can write 15 messages per second." instead of "Benutzer können alle 15 Sekunden eine Nachricht senden."

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When you scroll down to the friend list, it says who they are watching. However, in the Hungarian translation it says: "A következőt nézi:", and there is the name afterwards. This is too long for the name to be displayed, so where the name should there is just "...". It's impossible to see otherwise who they are watching, so I recommend it to change it to "Őt nézi:".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ez nem lenni 5let, ez hiba. A profil menüben hibásan lenni fordítva a Drops messzidzs.
    Magyarul Droppok kéne lenni, hogy legyen, azaz hiánycicik egy PÉ betű.

köszipuszi

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When adding a new app at https://dev.twitch.tv/console/apps/create, the first field in Russian reads "Владелец", which translates to "Owner". In reality, this field is intended for the application name, and it reads just "Name" in English.

The correct translation would be "Название" ("Name"), or "Название приложения" ("Application name").

P.S. It's also impossible to change your language while on the dev.twitch.tv subdomain, and you have to navigate to the main site in order to change language.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The german word "Abonnenten" is misspelled in the error message "Dieses Video können sich nur {x}-Abonennten ansehen."

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Like Steam offers, there should be localized posters. Chinese posters, for example, will often have a completely different name and/or different brand logo.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. plz change tag “브이튜버” to “버튜버” from korea.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. In the message "此影片包含在 Prime 中。只要訂購或觀賞及表示您同意我們的條款。由 Amazon.com Services LLC 販售", the word "及" should be "即".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Error in:
    Antal
    Svare (change to Svarer)
    sørlige (change to særlige)
    ...and more

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. What's wrong:
    Norwegian translation,
    when you hover over a user that has been subbed for nine months it says "9-årsabonnent", which means 9 years subscriber.

år = year

Solution:
    Correct translation should be "9-måneders abonnent"

Image showing the problem
    https://imgur.com/a/NvA0Uvh

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Wrong translate Thai Language

• Email Notification when subscribe expired.

Now, Email detail too confuse. It said cancelled myself channel !?

originally not translate.

Your subscription for CHANNELNAME Tier N - X Months Subscription is now cancelled.

after april it translated to.

คุณยกเลิกการสมัครสมาชิกของตัวเองสำเร็จแล้ว

Please Change to

คุณยกเลิกการสมัครสมาชิกของช่อง CHANNELNAME Tier N - X Months Subscription สำเร็จแล้ว

Tier N = ระดับ N
    X Months Subscription = สมาชิก X เดือน

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. En la mayor parte de Latinoamérica, si alguien dice "antier" lo quedan mirando raro. Debería ser cambiado por "anteayer". No sé que estaba fumando el que sugirió usar "antier", pero se ve horrible y sólo me hace querer cambiar de lenguaje a Español de España o Inglés. Así mismo, "Seguiste a" no toma en cuenta el tiempo verbal de "Followed" y "Banear" es con una sola "n" desde hace mucho tiempo.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Заблокировав Nickname, вы:

Запретите пользователю отправлять вам личные сообщения.
    Запретите пользователю ретранслировать вас.
    Запретите пользователю добавлять вас в друзья.
    Невозможность приобретать подарочные подписки для других пользователей вашего канала
    Перестанете видеть сообщения пользователя в чатах, которы не модерируете.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?