Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Anime fans and streamers have long been waiting for the day when a streaming platform allowed this to happen, and seeing how the current partnership with Amazon with Watch Parties is doing, it might not be so far fetched after all. It would be extremely cool, if you one day partnered with Crunchyroll or Funimation for Watch Parties! It would be the coolest thing ever, especially with everyone staying home due to the Covid-19 epidemic! Imagine the viewing experience! Anime nights would finally be possible!

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Watch Parties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reaching out! We’ve recently made the entire Prime Video catalog available in Watch Parties, which includes thousands of movies and television shows (including lots of anime).

We are also looking into partnering with other content providers to add even more content to Watch Parties.

2. The new /raid feature is great for channel networking as hosting has always been, but both can be problematic for many viewers. It would be convenient for the User Settings page to be updated with a set of opt out settings for both raids and hosts. If a user opts out of raids, they will be considered to automatically click "Leave" at the end of any raid countdown timer. If they opt out of hosts, hosted channels will not load unless the viewer intentionally presses the "Play" button.

Raids and Hosting present problems for:

1) Temporarily AFK viewers during the…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. To my friends on Twitch,

Affiliates work hard to make their channels great. It would be excellent to have the ability to have a badge next to our names, similarly to the verified badge Partners get but obviously with a subtle difference.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. One of the complaints that I received during one of my recent watch party streams is that a viewers messages were never appearing in chat. This was because they did not have a valid prime subscription. My recommendation would be to treat the watch party like a subscriber only stream and/or like a VOD for the duration of the watch party and lift those restrictions when the watch party isn't happening. It would also be nice if there was something to tell them to connect their prime account or direct them on how to get prime so that they can…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Watch Parties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Watch Party Team responded

We appreciate the feedback! Our team is currently working on various designs to make it easier to onboard new Prime subscribers. Keep an eye out over the next few weeks for those new user flows!

5. Light and Dark mode are native features to Twitch but certain colours or designs don't translate well to both palettes unless you add a stroke, drop shadow or some kind of accenting design around the icon.

At 18x18 pixels that's a lot of real estate to lose at such a small scale..

My proposal is simple. Allow people to upload altered versions of sub icons that display well in Dark Mode.

I currently have a design I like but it can't work in both modes. If I were able to upload one with white portions and the other with black…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. So for example: I give a tier 1 sub to a viewer. The streamer should be able to gift 3 subs per month to any viewer they choose but the streamer can not get revenue from it. They get 3 per month and it resets every month

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I think Twitch should have badges for editors. To show users that they aren't just any old mod, but an editor for the stream as well. This could be shown through a gray badge with a pencil avatar thing. Just to show users that that user is special. Maybe even have a list of editors just like there's a list of moderators and regular viewers. but definitely a badge should be added.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I am no where close to being a partner, and this happened for me (average 12 viewers). I was so amazed when I got the oppurtunity for this. It was a bit tough to reach the goal, but you have 2 days. When I completed the Boost challenge it made my stream boost to 56 viewers. It only last about 10 mins. I feel like if this is going to be a thing, let the small streamer enjoy the Boost a little longer. I do not feel this option should be for partners.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Boost This Stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I think it would be a good addition to Twitch if a Streamer could have two or more streams running on a channel at once while they play with other Streamer(s)

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Squad Streams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Having different sub badges for people of different sub lengths is really cool but sometimes you really like your sub badge but your enter the next bracket so you have to go with a higher up one that you think is less cool.
    I think it would be better if you had the option to use any of the sub badges up to what you have reached

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. A streamer I was watching (dakopall) was asking where everyone in chat was from, and suggested that Twitch should make optional badges that you could have beside your name (as with Twitch Prime, etc) to display your home country.

I think it would be a great idea to allow people to know what area of the world they're chatting with.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Twitch needs to investigate the games that their affiliate requests are playing before handing out Affiliates. There are people who stream private servers who are getting affiliate status when they are in fact breaking Twitch rules!

It is written in Twitch's community guidelines that "Unauthorized Content Sharing & Other Copyright Violations
    Uploading any content that you do not own, do not have the rights to, or are otherwise not authorized to use, violates our Terms of Service and may make your account liable to DMCA takedowns by third-party rights holders. We do not tolerate, for example: rebroadcasting other Twitch broadcasters’…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I think the Disconnect Protection feature is a life saver in a lot of situations - but there are times where the current 90 seconds is not enough to recover.

In a case where a computer blue screens, it feels like a race to reboot, load up the streaming software and continue the stream.

Modems that also need a reset can take 2-3 minutes to connect online, and many routers (at least that I've owned) take a long time to restart and give online access again too.

A 5 minute window would make the recovery process a lot less stressful.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I wanted to make a suggestion about the menu on the left side of the screen with all the people I follow. If you added my current subscription badge next to the channel name, it would catch peoples attention more and make them more involved in the channels they subscribe to (or got gifted subs). There have been many times that I even forgot that I had a subscription to a certain channel.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Auto Hosts NEED to be on the "Live" in order for them to work as intended.

Basically auto hosts won't have any effect on viewer count as they are now after the changes. I had a group of underrated streamers on mine that could have really felt the impact of the dozen or so hard lurkers that always have my channel page open. This just makes it even harder to support small streamers, and HURTS discoverability. On the flip-side of this I had a few REALLY big streamers/ YouTubers that had me on their auto host list and literally every…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Hosts and Auto-Hosts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. We can get stream tags, but we can not filter streams by a tag ID. However it can be easily done from the official app. Like to get streams tagged as "Family Friendly" or "Squads", or "Mode: Battle Royale" etc.

Please provide API for 3d party developers :)

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Squad Streams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. While streaming last night, my stream lost connection and had to restart it about 10 mins later. I wasn't able to resume the movie where I had left off so having a scroll bar/jog bar or even chapters would greatly help in the event of lost connections as it stinks having to restart a movie/show from the very beginning due to something that can't be controlled.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Watch Parties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the frustration. There are lots of different content controls that we’re investigating for our future roadmap, and we will add this one to the list!

18. There are several channels streaming pets or animals but there is no category for streamers like us.

Animal-streamers have mostly been getting around this by choosing games with "pets" or "animals" in the name as a category.

When streaming from a mobile device the app does not allow you to select game categories so you're stuck with a bunch of IRL categories that do not fit your stream.

We'd love to have our own IRL category.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Evidently in trying to collect data on the optimal way to implement the Boost feature, there's a group of streamers that are getting the boosts and others that are not. This makes sense but to reduce bias, it may be needed to have a second part data collection where the group that did not get any boosts get the boosts instead, and compare the results from the two parts. This can help identify any biases, if any, and will be more fair (and thus reduce dissatisfaction of smaller streamers that we're seeing).

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Boost This Stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Issues have arisen on Twitch lately that have been the result of some security holes/exploits in how the site works as well as a lack of knowledge by newer streamers on the platform (through no fault of their own) on best practices to keep themselves safe.

A solution that may solve both problems - new accounts that wish to receive a Stream Key should have to complete Creator Camp courses on a selection of topics. The key could be rendered immediately or on a 24-48 hour delay.

Twitch gets a win out of it, because it doesn't hamper the experience…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Onboarding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?