Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Give an option to flag your twitch that you're ending soon and wish not to be the target of a raid. Often times I see streamers get raided close to when they would be ending and are put in a position to have to either a) stream longer than they wanted to or b) be overly apologetic out of guilt, especially if it was a sizable raid. I think it would make a nice feature for the creator dashboard quick actions.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Raids  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I wanted to make a suggestion about the menu on the left side of the screen with all the people I follow. If you added my current subscription badge next to the channel name, it would catch peoples attention more and make them more involved in the channels they subscribe to (or got gifted subs). There have been many times that I even forgot that I had a subscription to a certain channel.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Badges  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Partners have worked really hard to earn the benefits that they get. More than emote, personal bit badges, personal bit emotes, etc they earned what they get & I am happy for them & don't wanna take that from them in any way. The one thing they get to have that I think affiliates should get to have is sub badges past the one year mark. Let's be fair. There are a LOT of streamers now. With so many people out there the odds of becoming a partner are a bit slimmer than they were before. It could take awhile…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Wish there was a way to find out a channel's founders--whether it would be only accessible to the streamer or to any viewer. One simple way would be to make a "/founders" chat command that would list all of the channel's founders just like /mods command. Another way is to create a place within Stream Manager for the streamer to have access to the list of their founders.
    The subscriber list you can download as an Excel file from Channel Analytics helps, but it does not list all of the founders. If a founder is not a sub for that…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I think it would be a good addition to Twitch if a Streamer could have two or more streams running on a channel at once while they play with other Streamer(s)

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Squad Streams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. While streaming last night, my stream lost connection and had to restart it about 10 mins later. I wasn't able to resume the movie where I had left off so having a scroll bar/jog bar or even chapters would greatly help in the event of lost connections as it stinks having to restart a movie/show from the very beginning due to something that can't be controlled.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Watch Parties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the frustration. There are lots of different content controls that we’re investigating for our future roadmap, and we will add this one to the list!

7. I think the Disconnect Protection feature is a life saver in a lot of situations - but there are times where the current 90 seconds is not enough to recover.

In a case where a computer blue screens, it feels like a race to reboot, load up the streaming software and continue the stream.

Modems that also need a reset can take 2-3 minutes to connect online, and many routers (at least that I've owned) take a long time to restart and give online access again too.

A 5 minute window would make the recovery process a lot less stressful.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Currently in order to view the watch party you have to view it in a tab separate from the dashboard. If you wanted to run a poll of the viewers as to what to watch next you would have to leave the watch tab to go back to the dashboard and set up the poll from there. If we are not able to view the watch party in the dashboard could we add a poll creation button on the watch party page for the host?

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Watch Parties  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reaching out with your suggestion. At this point, you’ll need to create a poll in your Stream Manager.

However, if you have Channel Moderators or Editors, they can create and manage a Poll through the /poll command in chat which will bring up the Poll module. Channel Moderators and Editors can also end and delete polls with /endpoll and /deletepoll respectively.

9. With the Hype Train being implemented and having such a positive effect on content creator's channels, I think it would be worthwhile to add more rewards. The conductor badges have been HUGE for showing who is genuinely supporting, as well as the emotes that get dispensed. A few ideas I have to give more incentives for donating bits and gifting subs are things such as; Names in chat have more unique traits for those who have been top supporters, such as all gold names, rainbow names, special fonts etc. The ability to add exciting alerts for when new levels have…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hype Train  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. If you have a stream paused or muted and a new channel is hosted, existing pause & mute settings are ignored after the host. If you leave a page up during the day or evening this can cause sound to suddenly start blasting from your speakers without warning. Please don't AutoPlay hosted channels if the open Twitch page has video paused, and please preserve mute settings.

Better yet, add an option in our user settings to auto-pause/mute hosted channels so viewers can manually opt-in to watching a hosted channel.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Hosts and Auto-Hosts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. A Twitch Partner can open 2 teams, once they are created, even if ownership of a Team is transferred or a Team is Deleted, a slot does not get reinstated to the user.

This suggestion is not to increase the amount of Teams to open, but to allow a Team's URL to be changed once every "x" amount of days*, which currently cannot be done.

There are Partners who have a 2nd slots empty not wanting to potentially waste them or Inactive Teams that were created Years ago no longer used because of these restrictions currently in place.

Twitch offers…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The feature in channel analytics -- "What categories do my viewers like to watch?" -- seems like it does not update daily. But, in general, we could use more information and focus on this, period.

Regarding the first request, can we get assurance this is updated daily, and if not can we make it daily? Knowing what our viewers like to watch and being able to continue to serve that is, perhaps, the most important metric of all. Having observed the metrics, it appears to me this data get a weekly refresh and then is only an average of those…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Squad Streams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Recently Twitch may have pushed an update so that raid alerts only activate if there are at least 5 people in the raid. People only learnt about this after a streamer sent a support ticket in about the issue for their own channel, and was responded with "You will need more viewers for the notification to be sent out." On top of this, they may have also pushed an update that ignores hosts of 1 person in the past. Since we only have a mans word and a few pictures to work with, there's no guarantee that this is a…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. When watching a TV Series (such as Made in Abyss), it would be nice to have a "Start next episode" button somewhere, possibly when the credits start to roll. The current process for playing the next episode is as follows:

1. Go back to the Creator's Dashboard

2. End/Cancel the current watch party (or wait for it to end)

3. Start a new watch party

4. Scroll all the way down to the episode that you want, then click it

5. Select the season that you want to watch

6. Hope you remember what episode that you just finished so that you can select the next…
    15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be great if when creating an event you can input the timezone as well from a drop-down menu.
    Currently, it is locked to the local time zone of the person creating the event.

This would be helpful for streamers who use a different timezone for scheduling and for editors who do not live in the same timezone as the streamer.

Thank you.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Give the ability to fast forward content.
    for instance if a stream is cut off due to an internet problem and the stream has to restart the watch party from the beginning

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We’re currently investigating all kinds of different content controls, including the ability to fast forward and rewind a Watch Party. This is a great suggestion as we continue to build out our roadmap for the rest of the year.

18. My suggestion is to create an "Active Followers" statistic which tracks the number of followers who have re-visited a channel in the past 30 days that can be understood as a single number and discussed as the more important number, for example "The channel you are watching has 1000 followers, 200 of them active".

Currently: the bare count of a channel's followers provided is not as helpful as it could be.... does not help communicate to streamers and their viewers how well channel is doing with building and maintaining a community, as the bare Follower count includes people who followed…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. grab a few Affiliates for testing Watch Parties also, not only partners. Such opportunities could show how much a channel can grow with such a great and new feature. Partners have a established community, affiliates are still building theirs, so adding a few into beta would give greater insight in effectiveness of this feature.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Let's say that you have been sub to a channel for 5 years and cheered total of 100000 bits.

It would be great to have the ability to choose what badges to use in front of your name from all badges you have unlocked on the channel, for example if you like 2 year sub badge more than 5 year badge you could just change it and same with bits you could use 75000 badge instead of 100000 badge.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?