Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

831 results found

1. Instead of opening a new page when clicking a team members stream on the stream page, I suggest that users can preview each team members stream on the current page. Should the user want to view the stream on a separate page, a "view stream" button can be added.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. My friend and I are streaming content together. Only one of us needs to share their screen each time, but we'd like to also show the other person's face (we like to feel included!).
    Right now we're doing this by calling on Discord and screensharing the remote person's face. Could we please have a feature to enable this natively in Twitch (having two people sending to the same stream at once)? It would be super cool, especially as we play a lot of co-op games.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hey there! So with the new release of Squad Streams on Twitch, lots of broadcasters will be teaming up and collaborating together! It's a really exciting feature that has a lot of people talking. However, there seems to be one major drawback about Squad Streams, and that's the fact that viewers are only counted for the primary stream being watched.

To me personally, this doesn't make much sense. If I'm viewing all of the channels at once, and happen to be able to follow and support their channel at the same time, then it would not make sense for my…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would love to have my chat bot be able to show some emote love when a person subscribes. However, right now it seems I would need to sub to myself as my bot. It would be great if at least one bot can have a free sub like how the Affiliated streamer receive one sub.

185 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Many use the events tool to as a schedule for their stream. It is tedious to have to continually recreate the events, especially if you stream daily.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Not everyone is meant for hardcore grinding on Twitch, not everyone is meant to make a living out of streaming, and not everyone wants to and that doesn't make anyone less worthy.
    They're tons of "medium" Streamer out there that have been doing what they do best for years and just never "made it" and probably never will.
    It would be nice to have some kind of recognition if you've been part of the twitch world for a very long time but fame is just not for you for whatever reason.
    Something in between affiliates and partners to give some…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I think this kind of feature would be really interesting and exciting for viewers and streamers. Streamers could press a button to split their viewers to groups of for example 100 people and raid random channels in chosen category or all over twitch. With big streamers getting tens of thousands of viewers, this would mean a lot of small streams would get exposure from this feature. I have noticed chat gets really excited when raids happen, in both the raided and raider channel. This kind of random twist would make it even more exciting and fun!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Since there are streamers and viewers from all over the world and therefore different timezones and googling said timezones becomes quite exhausting, why not introduce a "twitch-time(zone)".Have a clock ticking (and the date) in the corner or somewhere visible. This would for sure prevent any confusion with the starts of events or streams.
    Someone is streaming and announcing in the title of the stream when they are going to switch to a different game in "twitch-time"? Just take a look in the corner and you're sure to not miss it. Which timezone becomes the official "twitch-timezone", doesnt really matter.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I watch a lot of fighting game streams and fighting games are low numbers for twitch which causes pain for viewing multiple games at the same event. Some events have their own streaming team, such as Evolution (the largest fighting game tournament in the world), where they have their streams named Evo1, Evo2, etc.,
    This weekend is a far smaller event called Frosty Faustings and they have unaffiliated people running official tournament streams.

We can increase Event stream visibility by having an Events tab on the front page with the name of the event. Clicking on the Event brings up…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Say the ability for a viewer to be able to press on tabs that show the games stats that aren’t visable without this said tab, the ability to open up the streamers minimal to view the full map, this would happen only on the viewers side, would have to be a two way thing, could go beyond with other features the streamer would like to allow access to for viewers, be able to view the partners in a said stream if they are in a squad (with or without the ability to see the other squad members pov, but just…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. if a channel host raids another channel it will switch your url which will delete chat history as well some channels have "This room is in 10 minutes followers-only mode." so some raiders can't raid

1 having the option of turning off raids for a certain channel your in so you don't get auto switched or turning it off completely for all raids because maybe you like switching to a different channel then join a raid.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. my idea is that mods are a backbone of the community on twitch and deserve a reward from twitch as most channels dont have the means to be very generous to their mods neither do moderators expect it often.

Therefor, i think it is a nice way to reward those mods by giving the streamer the option to award a mod with free channel emotes. restricted by subpoints of that channel, so, x amount of subpoints will enable x amount of mods to be given the full set of emotes that streamer has.

this way, a mod can feel rewarded…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Before raiding someone, it could show a video created by the broadcaster to introduce themselves to the audience. Whether it's a personal greeting, highlight reel, etc. The Streamer can have this video automatically play after the raid timer stops.
    Of course with this functionality you should be able to make an option to ask the streamer if they want to show this intro video or not before a raid as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Twitch needs to investigate the games that their affiliate requests are playing before handing out Affiliates. There are people who stream private servers who are getting affiliate status when they are in fact breaking Twitch rules!

It is written in Twitch's community guidelines that "Unauthorized Content Sharing & Other Copyright Violations
    Uploading any content that you do not own, do not have the rights to, or are otherwise not authorized to use, violates our Terms of Service and may make your account liable to DMCA takedowns by third-party rights holders. We do not tolerate, for example: rebroadcasting other Twitch broadcasters’…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add an option for recurring events, for example weekly shows.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. To create a command ( with toggle on/off) for streamer to use on their channel to prevent incoming host when about to end stream. I'm sure streamers have encountered getting hosted when they're about to end stream and sometimes you host someone whose stream has just ended. Suggesting that when the streamer toggle on this command (Eg. /endingon) , people who attempt to host the stream will get a pop up saying " the channel you're attempting to host is ending soon. Do you still want to host this channel ? " The command should also have a timer of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I appreciate that Twitch wants us to see a new feature, but once I've seen it, I'd like the option to close it. Otherwise it just hangs there, over the stream, and is annoying.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Twitch partners streams are currently monetized so I feel uploads should be monetized as well in some, ideally through ads and Twitch Prime.

122 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  Catherine Hsiao responded

Thanks for the feedback! This is something we have been looking into but it will take some time, please be patient!

19. I run a stream that has a variety of different maturity levels, and it would be fantastic if you could opt-in to a ratings system similar to movie ratings.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. So what I was thinking is a setting in which the streamer could put down their raid message in a box and at any given time the streamer through, say the dashboard live tab, can switch on raid mode and it would pop up with a thing in chat that is maybe similar to the little message that pops up when the streamer starts a strawpoll in chat but, instead of it being a vote thing it is a place where people can see what the raid message is and click a little copy button to easily copy the raid…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?