Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

262 results found

1. We currently have the Block Hyperlinks option in our Moderation Setting BUT moderators, admins, and VIPs can still post links and that is where a streamer's choices end.

I suggest that streamers should have more versatile options when it comes to controlling links and permissions of who can post links such as:

• Being able to choose if moderators, admins, and VIPs can post links.

• Only allowing specific roles to post links.

• Only allowing specific users to post links.

• Only allowing specific users and/or roles to post links for certain amount of time.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. im not a streamer but most of the times i love to stream for my friends only, like i dont want anyone else to watch or follow or even chat. like i would love to have private stream, after all i just stream for a friend, im not a streamer or intend to be.

but ive gained followers but i only stream for 1 friend. i do hope to see personal accounts or locking the stream via code or sending a request to watch, twitch is for all

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. we want a referral page where viewers can create and manage, share my streamer list

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In the recent Canadian Fear of Bill C-11 can streamers get an option to block their streams from being watched in canada/other countries to prevent our analytics being destroyed?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be incredibly helpful to be able to view a user's username history, in order to maintain community safety. The feature used to exist via a third party and was invaluable for moderators on larger channels when processing unban requests.

Since twitch only logs old chat messages to a certain point, for older channels it can be difficult to find out why a person was banned previously. Much of the time we have to trust the user to respond with previous usernames so we can search our own mod messages/google sheets for past bans, but obviously this isn't reliable.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Now that subathons and other long streams are trending on Twitch there's a need for feature to notify your followers that you're live during the stream!

Issue currently is that you need to stop your stream and restart it so the followers get notified that your stream is live! For example for subathon this is a big issue because you'll lose viewers when doing this.

Now my suggestion is to give streamer and their trusted mod(s) a chance to announce that the stream is live without stopping the stream! It could be available once in ~24 hours so it doesn't…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hello Twitch,

You tell us that using third-party sites to watch multiple Twitch streams at the same time is detrimental to our chat experience. I totally understand the sense of loyalty and fidelity we must have towards you, but to be honest, I expected better.

Watching multiple streams at the same time would allow us to stay in touch with multiple communities at the same time and not miss any highlights. So why not? Creating the Squad Stream system was a good initiative to follow several streamers on a common game. But if you are so keen to keep us…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Much like resubbing to a channel, I would think a follower versary would be a cool to see every year with the ability to write a message in there. (example: Username has been following for 12 months. Hype. Share your message.) It dont have to be over the top kind of thing.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Give an option to the streamers to enable/disable subs (and bits, basically any income) for on stream basis (or just select a charity and all subs/bits would be transferred there).

In case we use something in our stream that prohibits commercial use/income (in my case its a mod for a game).

I don't want to get trouble, but I'd like to stream this game. At the moment I am forced to go on my unmonetized (yt) channel with this, because I can't to get in trouble here since it's not monetized.
    Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be nice to be able to enable Web browser / desktop notifications for ALL messages in chat, not just mentions, so I can route it easily to the system sound or popup on screen, so I can see when streaming a game. Otherwise even when using a second monitor it is easy to miss these things.

I don't even need any rate limiting, but some adaptive notifications throttling could be useful. I just do not want to miss ones that are infrequent.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. This would basically be a way for a content creator on twitch to pause the ability for other accounts to follow their channel for a given period of time. It would mostly be a good solution to follow bot raids.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. ben yayınlardaki müzik ile diğer seslerin ses seçeneği olmasını istiyorum yani discord botlarında olduğu gibi izleyicilerin yayındaki müzik ses seviyesini kendilerine göre ayarlayabilmesi gelirse mükemmel olur.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would like to propose that there be an alternative to affiliate we could subscribe to as a content maker. I draw on what turbo and prime's features are, while wishing for features like channel points, reruns, longer expiration queue, and the option to not show ads or show them less - I think this would be worth a monthly Service to sub to when your channel is education or open source making focused. I would subscribe to it in order to take off ads or gain features that are currently unlocked at affiliate only. Just because, with education we…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow creators to restrict viewing of their streams to logged in users only. As an option, this would help address hate raiders who get banned and continue to watch in incognito. Effectively preventing banned users from seeing the stream.

And, at the same time would give creators a simple tool to better control how their content is viewed. For example, if they were creating Mature content and wanted to add their own limitation on consumption.

Provide similar messaging to what is available on logged out Subscriber Streams which say "USER is streaming for 'registered users', Sign up now to join…

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. At the moment it is only possible to enable/disable creating clips on the channel. If creating is disabled, the broadcaster can still create clips.

It would be nice if you could select whether only the broadcaster or also editors or moderators can create clips.

Of course you could also include vips or subscribers as additional levels.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. During Black History Month, you have been celebrating Black Creators, which is great, but there are many more out there than the… 20 or so…? that have been featured so far this month (and it’s the 26th).
    You could also ask the community to nominate Black Creators next year.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Have twitch support OBS Pro like it does for the free OBS

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Currently the front page has an ellipsis "..." button next to each video thumbnail, allowing you to either report the streamer or tell the algorithm you are not interested.

I would like this feature on the Following directory as well, especially for Recommended videos. Also please add a third option, to "Hide" the thumbnail. There will be times where I don't necessarily want the algorithm to memorize this, but simply don't want a thumbnail to be shown at the moment. This third option is something competitor Youtube currently has.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. whenever we need to change the live notification update while were streaming we should be able to send out new notification waves for new games we play instead of having to restart the stream for multi content creators.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There should be a recent activity check on mods. So we can know if there are inactive mods and see what mods are actually doing work.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?