Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

262 results found

1. Please add an option to opt out of experiments run for groups of users on the platform.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We are mostly aware that twitch ignores viewers with a volume that is set to less than 10%, marking them as not a viewer and excluding them from drops. We cant always mute the site if we are watching multiple streams and viewers need to be able to control their experience.

It would be MUCH more usable if there was a visual indication on the volume control to show when it is set to below 10%.. like make it red or something.

It is not fair to force viewers to have audio set to a volume that TWITCH determines, unless…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I love that the banner at the top of chat can show one or the other, but I can never fully decide which to display. It would be great if it could slowly transition between the two every couple of minutes or so. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Think of something along the same idea of Hype Trains. A streamer randomly gets paired up with another streamer who is live and get to battle each other. Whoevers community sends the most bits (or gifted subs) during a 3 minute time period wins the battle. This will help the streamer gain more revenue from their streams, become closer with their community, and be able to have more interaction with their community.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Give streamers/mods the possibility to create quizzes that involve viewers' participation; ideally for pre-shows, but not only.
    Similar to bets, questions must appear in the chat, and everyone can participate.

How it works:

CREATION

The streamer/mod compiles preliminary information about the quiz:
    - A descriptive title for the quiz
    - A participation fee (in channel points).
    - The maximum number of winners. Default is 3. At least 1. (see below for prize computation)
    Then, the streamer/mod compiles a "list" of questions. Each question must have:
    - A description (the question itself). Differently from bets, questions can be longer than 60…

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. i would like to set up things where if my chat does enough chatting it gives everyone an emote

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Users can modify pronunciation of their username so TTS will be improved

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Are there auto-detect games because I don't want to go back to twitch and change the category to a different game. People can choose to either auto-detect or not.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. So, perhaps a stream category to start off with a little ham radio emoji, I think the perfect loophole that is not a translator and is a pretty decent resume to "onboard" certain choice broadcasts is to backseat a LIVE RADIO online stream, or broadcast.. I'd say acquire those copyrights, but I don't know that there is any language ever written about it. So how it would help the community is that, there's a wall missing with live radio broadcasts; you don't see anybody... There can be 100s of thousands listening at a time, and your viewer count doesn't translate.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Some streamers have problems with bots that keep following them,

my idea is to add a new feature to deactivate the following button of their channel temporarily to avoid any bots from following them.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like to be able to find out when I have started moderating for a twitch streamer and how long I've been moderating for them

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I want to see the amount of time I watched Streams and how long I watched certain streamers like in the past twitch recaps, it was fun to see.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Clip with link to post by the streamer or mod that would display in stream video part (not in the comments section). It would be good to be able to resize the link and move it to different parts of the display, so it will not cover part of the screen they want to be open. Reason for this is to clip a response to a common question during a stream is to avoid repeating answering a question that is being asked over and over again, so they can continue with hosting their stream. This will be displayed in the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. My friends and I operate a shared channel on Twitch via stream keys which has functioned fairly well for us over the years. There is, however, one ever-present issue that limits some of our ability to take advatange of some sought-after features.

That, of course, being the way the OAuth system works for channels. Since we run on stream keys, we lack the ability to take advantage of third-party programs that use the Twitch SSO to function. Currently, to generate the token for those applications, it requires the discrete user:pass login for the channel which just isn't feasible. Not having…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please remove the new "Rewind the Stream" feature, or at least move it down so that one must scroll to see it. I have accidentally clicked it several times and it's very annoying to have to refresh and watch ads just to catch back up to the live stream.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Very recently I noticed there was a Twitch staff account in a channel I am part of the moderation team. I had no idea what that was as until that moment I never saw a "Staff" subsection in the connected accounts page, and the mods team in there, myself included, have an ongoing concern on bot raids (which happened at least once), and also the fact that the streamer is a LGBTQIA+ person which unfortunately makes him more susceptible to suffer hate attacks/raids.

However, took me a while to realize (and some further investigation by the mod team) the staff…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. For the future for Twitch it would be a great idea to make

4 Formats for Twitch Streamers. Each Twitch Streamer as an individual starts from somewhere in their life. When you first start your first channel its like a Ghost Town until you meet a couple of friends and people interested in your stream. From there If you watch other individuals online that play the same games as what your viewers might watch, that is called cross promotion when you refer your old streamers to their channel. Without less talk of how to get started on twitch for anyone…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Now to see a rebroadcast like a video in twitch of a sub only video channel. We need to sub.

But if we want to see one rebroadcast of a channel and one of an other and an other... We need to sub 3 times or more and more.

But you can make a feature for that, the principle is to pay 1$ or 1.5$ for a rebroadcast to see more of them. Basically today I'm sub of 3 channels but I want to see 3 events in rebroadcaster sub only but I don't want to pay 15$ for just…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. As some people dont want to see someones face while they watch the stream etc. as it changes the energy of the experience. Some people just watch for the gameplay. Need a way to toggle it on and off. If a obs feature isnt possible, we at least need a way to be able to block part of the stream while we are in fullscreen, up to 8 blocks that can be edited or something, while in edit mode, you can free transform them. Personally i cant stand when people show on stream the chat, that also changes the energy/vibe…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Currently you can only open chat settings in a live stream. When viewing recent broadcasts, this feature is deactivated.

I request that some of the chat features, in particular chat text size, be enabled for a better experience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?