Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

262 results found

1. Please, please, please, we need Twitch Sings back. It was the best community and growth tool ever on Twitch... and I certainly miss my saturday night karaoke sessions!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow us to set a specific percentage of our monthly take from Twitch proceeds to set aside to give to our mods who elect to participate.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The feature in channel analytics -- "What categories do my viewers like to watch?" -- seems like it does not update daily. But, in general, we could use more information and focus on this, period.

Regarding the first request, can we get assurance this is updated daily, and if not can we make it daily? Knowing what our viewers like to watch and being able to continue to serve that is, perhaps, the most important metric of all. Having observed the metrics, it appears to me this data get a weekly refresh and then is only an average of those…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. If a streamer has a multicam set up, so say they have a camera set up which is known as the "face cam" but if they also have other cams set up (Keyboard cam, Room cam, Doggo cam) the viewer is able to change from the face cam (default) to a different perspective cam of their choice. Vod's will need to be worked so the streamer may choose to have it just as the face cam.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. With Partners having a badge to show there hard work on Twitch.

I feel that the users who have Twitch Affiliate should have "Affiliate" under the username when you click on the user in any Twitch chat.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would like to be able to find out when I have started moderating for a twitch streamer and how long I've been moderating for them

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. To add a simple discord webhook url entry on user setting page to post live streams to discord.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. You can enter the stream before it starts, it could be a week in advance (if the stream is scheduled) it is a waiting room type deal that let's you watch when you are not home.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When you mark your stream as 18+, users will get a warning message the first time they enter the stream, warning about things like strong language.

What I think would be a good addition, is for the ability to either customize this screen entirely, or add text to it to warn about things such as flashing lights, loud noises etc.

Not only will this help prepare everyone for what might be present in the stream, but it would also help those with health problems such as noise/light sensitivity, epilepsy etc. to know what the stream contains and then make an…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. we should have a more flexible calendar tool to set our stream not everyone has an agenda fixed monday to sunday. I have my schedule for month from now , but i can't say every monday i can stream. PLEASE add ponctual stream option!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. My friends and I operate a shared channel on Twitch via stream keys which has functioned fairly well for us over the years. There is, however, one ever-present issue that limits some of our ability to take advatange of some sought-after features.

That, of course, being the way the OAuth system works for channels. Since we run on stream keys, we lack the ability to take advantage of third-party programs that use the Twitch SSO to function. Currently, to generate the token for those applications, it requires the discrete user:pass login for the channel which just isn't feasible. Not having…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please remove the new "Rewind the Stream" feature, or at least move it down so that one must scroll to see it. I have accidentally clicked it several times and it's very annoying to have to refresh and watch ads just to catch back up to the live stream.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Bot Accounts have been a rampant issue that is being addressed as of late, and their necessity to Content Creators makes them a tricky thing to address.

My suggestion is to allow Creators Affiliate and above to submit Bot Account applications. This would solve a few challenges:

• By not allowing less than an Affiliate to create the account, individuals who would create them for trolling would have to actually spend time completing the path to affiliate in order to even create one. New creators would of course need to use the built in Twitch Moderator, but once you become an…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I think the Disconnect Protection feature is a life saver in a lot of situations - but there are times where the current 90 seconds is not enough to recover.

In a case where a computer blue screens, it feels like a race to reboot, load up the streaming software and continue the stream.

Modems that also need a reset can take 2-3 minutes to connect online, and many routers (at least that I've owned) take a long time to restart and give online access again too.

A 5 minute window would make the recovery process a lot less stressful.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Twitch Partners mentoring Affiliates program.

Once you can apply for affiliate you also have the option to opt in to mentorship. You can be matched using categories (Chatting/fps/strategy etc.) with a partnered streamer to "Show you the ropes" after a quick review a partner can choose if they would like to mentor the affiliate.

The gains the mentor would get can vary depending how twitch would see fit to reward someone for being a mentor, but the idea would be if a partner where to take an affiliate under their wing they should get a portion of the income generated…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A talent show! One of the most simple, yet iconic events from media all around the world! But how does one go about setting up an event with so many people involved? Filtering. Categorize the highlights of one's talents within a group of 10 or so categories and give each participant one minute. The stream would be broadcast from a central channel for each category and participants would be named at the end of their performance (never at the beginning because if people don't catch the beginning of a performance they like, they'll surely stay till the end).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Basically, just allow smaller streamers (particularly streamers who haven't reached affiliate) to do things like polls and votes with chat without having to be monetized.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Each user can buy or get a signature form, the streamer can sign this form or put their stamp. The viewer can collect the stamps from each favorite streamer and showcase this form in their profile.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Tiers of Mods where each mod does different things.
    Tier 5 has permission to do each of the following:
    - Mod
    - VIP
    - Ban
    - Timeout
    - Delete Messages
    Tier 4 has permission to do each of the following:
    - Mod
    - VIP
    - Timeout
    - Delete Messages.
    Tier 3 has permission to do each of the following:
    - VIP
    - Timeout
    - Delete Messages
    Tier 2 has permission to do each of the following:
    - Timeout
    - Delete Messages
    Tier 1 has permission to do each of the following:
    - Delete Messages.

Where'd the poll commands go? Well…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When I thought I was discussing with the mod about my status about a channel I thought I was "off the mic". But apparently the mod conversation was "on a live mic".

There should be a username@twitch.tv email address to do long conversations with a streamer that are not meant to be looked at immediately on the air, live.

That way, if you want to discuss a permanent ban for one incident that was not clearly spelled out, and make your case, you can do it without risk of it being weaponized.

There should be a difference between "premeditated" acts…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?