Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

180 results found

1. Refresh button that refreshes the player so you don't have to refresh the whole page.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. YouTube's largest fail is that fact that they do not have a simple desktop app for the people who upload a ton of content. This app features should contain the ability to put in the information about each video. If you loose connection or site goes down there should be a "resume" button to continue the upload. Make it easier on the user & this and it will encourage everyone to upload more. aka a "Desktop Upload Manager app". Keep hitting those home runs Twitch! :)

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. YouTube lets you use the mouse wheel to change the player volume.

I'd like Twitch to duplicate this functionality.

Users should be able to hover over the player controls to show them then use the mouse wheel, when hovering over the volume slider to increase/decease volume

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. atm the description in the description-box is cut in the half of the length of the box. The text should dynamically fill the description box in the length.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Making highlight clips for downloading from Past Broadcasts, but not publish clips on your video feed. Can download different clips and but them together as one to upload video section. (with video editing software/site video editor not needed)

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow for playback speed of .25x-2x or higher speed for past streams similar to YouTube videos. This will help viewers who are short on time and watch more videos in less time.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Some streamers currently feel that there isn't enough incentive for people to sub. I think that streamers should be able to have a stream that is only visible to subs, similar to the sub-only feature for VoDs. This could allow creators to reward their subs for supporting them and to give non-subs more incentive to sub. I understand that some streamers might begin to only do sub-only streams, but I think that should be their decision, and that they will almost certainly lose viewers by doing so. They need to decide whether or not the few gained subs would be…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Some streamers have to delete a whole VOD just because of something that breaks TOS or because they leak something.

Maybe a command that the broadcaster can type in his chat to censor the last couple of minutes of the vod making it impossible to be clipped or re watched.
    For Example:
    a stream leaks his address.
    he can type something like /VC5 and can blackout the last 5 mins of his vod and any clips created within that time rather then go offline and delete the whole thing.

Dont know if such a thing is possible but it would…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I've been thinking about this for a bit, and would love to spitball the idea with someone.

Could it be an idea to enable streamers to make a custom thumbnail for their streams, then have it preview when you hover over said stream.

That way, it would allow people to showcase special things about their streams that make it more interesting.

For instance, I see a lot of competitive players of a bunch of different games using a title like "800+ wins" or "3000 ELO" - So with the custom thumbnails, they could showcase that, and if the viewers were…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I want to be able to stream and password protect it, so I can share gaming strategies with my friends, and not have that leak out.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Some streamers I know are part of a shared community, so I once had the idea that it would be interesting to have something like a shared studio channel where the end user (viewer) can decide for themselves which of the channels they want to see what on.
    If the streamers are all playing together, the viewer could switch to the channel and see the perspective of the respective streamer. In doing so, viewers would not "refresh", would not miss anything, and would still be connected in the same chat.

From the streamer's side, this would allow them to help…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I recently had a person on my stream, in live game say the N word. It would be nice to be able to mute that segment of Audio, instead of having to delete the entire video.

This kind of issue is disgusting and needs to be dealt with. I reported the person, but it will not have any real consequences.

Please consider putting a mute feature in the video editing section.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Most modern browsers have a picture in picture mode that can be activated by right clicking on the video, or pressing a dedicated UI button. Twitch supports this natively, but only if you mess with the HTML in the Web inspector first. Please add a button for this, or let us do this by right clicking on a stream's video.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It'd be nice if when you pause a stream, itd continue from where you paused instead of where it was live, like you can do on youtube livestreams.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I should be able to click a button to view the other's perspective temporarily without leaving the channel.

For example, in a FPS such as PUBG.. to make the experience more immersive for the audience, we can navigate the stream environment by jumping to another twitch streamers perspective temporarily to see things from their perspective real time for a few seconds.

It would make it very engaging without interrupting the streamer we enjoy watching.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Can a feature be added to our videos - clips, highlights, past broadcasts - displaying whether or not we have downloaded that video? This would make it very easy to tell whether a video hasn't been downloaded yet and would be useful for anyone using clips or video to post elsewhere.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Ana responded

Love this concept. I have merged in another idea that was specifically asking for visible markers for exported VODs, but I think overall your idea encompasses this. Just letting everyone know.

18. I would like to request the ability to pause a video using the space bar, without having to click the video to make the window active. I multitask while watching a VOD. For example, I may be scrolling through the chat window, looking at the streamer's list of videos, or switching to other tabs while listening to the video. On YouTube, I am able to pause the video simply by hitting the space bar, no matter where my focus is on the page. However, on Twitch, I am only able to pause the video if I first actively click the…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be nice if the webplayer would adapt to streams other than 16: 9 aspect ratio. As I stream in a 21: 9 aspect ratio, I have black stripes that look bad and are unnecessary

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Twitch, so far I'm loving the overall experience, and I think you guys do a tremendous job of listening to your community and incorporating said community feedback.

That said, there is one aspect of Twitch that bothers me right now.

I'm a gamer, and play a variety of games, namely first-person-shooters and open-world games. I like to organize all my game uploads into collections by game title. It would be nice if I could upload thumbnails featuring the game art for each collection.

Can we please get thumbnail support for collections, allowing us to add some personality to our collections?…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?