Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

142 results found

1. When I click on a clip, it opens, immediately starts playing, but starts muted. This really makes no sense; I always end up having to restart the clip after unmuting it to catch the start of the clip and it's annoying. I either want it to autoplay unmuted, or to not autoplay at all (but still not default to mute). Best solution would be to give users the options "what do you want to happen when you open a clip? Start muted? Y/N Autoplay? Y/N"

I would say "no/no" to those choices but currently the default is "yes/yes". Would be…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When reviewing clips, the mature flag needs to persist so that content from streams that are configured as intended for Mature Audiences continue that flag appropriately into the Clip UI and APIs

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Currently, when downloading files from our video producer, they are labeled with some seemingly random assortment of letters and numbers, and do not represent the content being downloaded. I'd like to see an update that simply makes it so the download grabs the title from the clip/VOD being downloaded for ease of use in editing / organization purposes.

When creating things like highlight videos or clip compilations, the extra work to rename the clips/VODs you download can be incredibly tedious and an unnecessary extra step.

Thank you!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The clip editing system is sensational. It saves time and also money, as there are websites that require you to pay to do this service.
    But I believe there are still some "simple" tools that will help a lot.
    - Cut the clip. There are some clips that you are not interested in at the beginning or end of it, but there is no trim option. With that in mind, the cutting tool would be interesting, which allows you to cut the video timeline and edit it however you want (only in the clip, obviously).
    - Option to customize my…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  3 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. "Watch full video" is only available when going to the Clip page from the popup video player, why can't we go straight to the full video? Perhaps with a small button next to the other ones at the bottom of the player. Personally I use it a lot when I see a good clip and want some extra context.
    There isn't even a button to get to the clip page easily, have to copy paste the link or exit the player and click on the text part of the clip.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. As an editor and channel manager, it would be extremely convenient to be able to edit Clip Titles from the Clip Manager page. As an editor, I click the "clip that" button from the Creator Dashboard extremely often. It would be so useful to be able to edit the clip titles after-the-fact, because as of now creating a clip on the fly automatically sets the title as the stream title. As you can imagine, going through 20 clips with the exact same title is time consuming.

Not only would it help as an editor, but it would also help with…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Ana responded

As a channel manager, do you mean streamer? If not, I definitely see the need for what you are suggesting. I want to leave your feedback on its own for further consideration (from the editor perspective), but I do have two ideas for you that I think might be worth supporting that also address the different issues you have highlighted:

- https://twitch.uservoice.com/redirect/suggestions/40125406

- http://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/923368/suggestions/33356122

Thanks for your feedback!

7. We can create clips via an API call but are not able to name them in that initial API call.

This seems like a worthwhile addition for those of us that use a !clip command for our chats so viewers don’t have to leave stream to make a clip but instead can just type “!clip” and grab a clip and continue watching uninterrupted.

Allowing this would let viewers use a command such as “!clip <clipname> to create a clip that doesn’t simply end up as !clip <the entire stream title here>

The ability to also adjust the time captured would…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. After viewing a clip, the next suggested clip will be the most viewed clip in that category. In the Art category, this usually means being suggested a pretty spicy thumbnail whether or not you have watched a clip from a spicy channel. With the latest TOS update this suggested clips feature has further made sharing clips from the Twitch link inaccessible to more "family friendly" art streams.

I was wondering if Twitch could utilize stream tags to divert suggested clip content to each side of the art category- this way the clip fits the audience better. Example: if a stream has a…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I think it would be more intuitive if the "Filter by" setting defaulted to "All" instead of "Recommended." For the purposes of moderating clipped content this would remove the hassle of always having to switch that drop-down to see all clips, and I believe it would help to avoid situations where users mistakenly think their clips are not being saved if they don't title/publish the clip.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please add a Like and Dislike Button for Clips in Discovery Feed so that we see more clips we would like

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It has happened to me more often now that viewers create clips that end up in the wrong category.

However, since clips cannot be edited later or moved to the correct category, I usually delete them.

I wish there was an easy way to edit the category of the clips as the channel owner.

So that the clips don't chill in Just chatting or in the other wrong category.

You can't even change the name of the clip.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. As it stands today, the only way for anyone to actively see clips from a content creator on this site is either via the small section featured on the home page if you scroll down enough or by looking at the specific streamers profile. With how many clips, highlights and VODs exist on this platform, there should be a way for viewers to easily browse/consume that content without having to discover that creator while they're live.

Although this is a broad request, essentially what I'm asking for is:

• Landing page for highlights / VODs, with a way to search for…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I noticed that the clips are deleted by the system due to the presence of copyrighted music. In the recording of the broadcast, these places have a mute. It would be nice to turn off the sound in them instead of deleting clips.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hi, I want to request a feature that add a "game filter" for the channel clips, this is really important for mods who makes recopilations for the streamer and is usefull for the "normal" user who is just watching clips of his favourite streamer because would make it more comfortable. Thank you for your time and sorry for my english :)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I've noticed recently that when I am open in my stream manager and use the clip button it doesn't always work. I clipped two things from my stream last night and now they aren't appearing in my clips even though I watched it say it got clipped during the stream. Has anyone else had this problem?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please add a Language Filter in Video Clip section. I want to Watch TLOUII videos and Don't know any language other than Hindi and English. It's filled with Videos from Russian, Spanish, French languages

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The current error message on the Clip Creation Page is not helpful at all. It is a frustrating waste of time/effort to spend a couple minutes trimming a clip, rewatching it, and titling it only to receive this error that provides zero insight into why it occurred or how to fix it. This creates friction for viewers who want to create clips but may encounter this error and not attempt to create future clips. Screenshot https://gyazo.com/a8a9f9857d6ca104be5e9b89d2f402d2

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Featured clips used to have a slider to show/hide featured clips in category view. This switch has been removed. Bring it back.

"Why should you bring it back?" I hear you ask. "People love featured clips".

Well, it's because you've created a scenario where there is a HUGE incentive to only EVER create featured clips, because these will ALWAYS show above any non-featured clip, created in the timeframe you're viewing, which means that (when people figure this out) that ALL clips created (by people wishing to promote their channels) will tend to be created as "featured" clips. When everything is…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The recent change to limit the editing and deletion of featured clips to only the channel owner may not be the best solution. It would be better to provide an option for the OP to request for deletion as well.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I love to make clips, it's one of my favorite ways to interact with the community. I think I'm well over 1000 clips created at this point, mostly from one streamer's channel. Trying to find anything is a nightmare. The best way I've found to search is to sort by date and scroll until I think I'm in the range of the clip I want, press ctrl+F, and type in a word I think is in the title. Then, because I can't read more than one or two words from the title column, I have to guess which one on…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?