There was an error during translation

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. This purple screen has got to be fixed... I disabled ADblock for Twitch but i don't wanna remove it... It has really good uses for other sites. Purple screen pops like every 15 minutes... What is this nonsense. If this is a bug fix it, but if this is really you forcing us to disable adblock for everything that's really bs. I watch a ton of content but today this is really unbearable and frustrating...

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Most of the streamers I watch usually play on the same roleplay server, and my average viewing session consists of constantly changing channels to see the roleplay from another perspective. Pre-roll ads are the biggest annoyance for me. Every single time I swap to a new channel I'm forced to sit through the same **** 30 second ad, and miss a large portion of whatever reason I was swapping perspectives. Random mid-roll ads can be just as bad, causing me to miss entertaining spontaneous situations.

I hate ads, but if ads are absolutely necessary at least leave it to the…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bits in my opinion are a great way to support creators, but people like me who are only 13 years old and can't legally get a job, it's hard to support streamers and also I would never be able to buy bits in the first place. When I found out about watch ads for bits, I was so happy I could support my favorite streamer who inspired me. But when I tried to watch the ads it didn't let me. I did my research and found out that it was only for the U.S which I really don't understand why.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bits for Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I don't mind watching commercials to support channels, but I bet you a vast majority of people use Adblock because they dont want to deal with a 40 second commercial just to find out the person isn't playing the game their channel said it was, or that their voice is annoyingly loud, or that they are terrible at the game. I use adblock on my computers and would take it off in a heartbeat if this was fixed...

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I deactivated AdBlock for all things Twitch since November and I started recently getting messages saying that I am using Adblock. I lose part of the streams from my paid subscription tier 3 from my favorite streamers. Please stop hiding the streams that I'm watching and PAYING for behind purple warning messages.

Sincerely,

Someone that is starting to stream for the first time tonight and that follows and cheers on 40+ streamers.

Maxime Girard

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I have had the same message where I would watch ads for bits for over 5 months now. “Please try again later” how long is later at this point? Will it ever refresh? I don’t think it’s fair when others have so many ads and I can’t even have one to support my favorite creators and streamers!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Obviously we don't want Twitch to lose money and die out like other streaming platforms. The ads are a necessary evil. Let streamers control when the ads drop during the stream. Give them a requirement for how many ads have to be run per hour, or whatever the terms are, but let them determine when they run. Bathroom & food breaks would be ideal. Some streamers find the beginning of the stream critical, so running pre-roll is a bad idea for them. If the streamer doesn't run the required number of ads, hit them where it hurts - their wallets.…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I propose that Affiliates and Partners should receive AD revenue for VODs. If Twitch is putting ADs on VODs, it is only fair that the content creator receive a share of the AD revenue generated.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. give streamers an incentive to run ads instead of forcing a garbage system that will block important moments

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Hey, can you guys not implement things that interrupt a stream while someone is watching it? Thanks.

Your anti-adblock message shouldn't appear when it has been disabled by the user. I don't use adblock when I'm on Twitch.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. FIX YOUR **** PAGE!

The only thing that could be triggering that is my vpn and I am not turning it off.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I am watching on twitch.tv and the ad telling me im watching on a 3rd party site is very annoying

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I wish there was a option for affiliates and Partners alike to turn off preroll ads, a lot of us especially the smaller streamers hate that this is a thing and having a option to turn it off would make a lot of our streams a lot better. The reason why I say a toggle feature is because some streamers have a living from this so its not fair for them not to have it but the smaller streamers we dont like it and it drives away a lot from us

Thank you for reading this and taking this into…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The idea of rewarding only the creator for every vote seems like a wasted opportunity for me, normal ads do that already.

Instead, what about giving back to both, the creator and the viewer?

The way I understand it, every vote seems to get a certain value (e.g. 5 bits) which will then be all added together and sent to the creator after the ad is over.

What if instead of bits, this value would be divided into gifted subs and every participant then gets a chance to win one of them, while any possible remainder gets paid in bits…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multiplayer Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Give broadcasters the choice of what type of ads to play (political, beauty, sports, etc.) And make it so broadcaster-run ads disable random ads for longer periods of time.

That way the streamer is in control of their cast

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Don't roll ad clips, put in ad banners and little windows within the stream. It doesn't interrupt the stream completely and everyone can see a d recognize it!
    Nice, clean and simple for broadcaster and viewers.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Pretty simple and as described in the title.

If I have Amazon Prime you can obviously track my viewing history, and use it to NOT show me ads for the shows I have seen.

Currently I get about 4 rotating ads (Cloak & Dagger, Hanna, Grand Tour, Jack Ryan).
    Three of these I've already seen, and so whenever I get an ad for them now I just close out the Twitch desktop client and restart it - because that's faster and less annoying than watching the ad to completion.

So maybe you could tone down the ads, or at the…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I wanted to give feedback for you so here comes the idea.
    People sit at your Twitch site every day. Watch a stream for hours.
    with no ads. Because those people have adblock. Or something else that they do not get ads. Of course we already have a way that encourages us not to use adblock, namely Bits from short video advertising. Now come with the following idea.
    Place an ad under the streamer. https://imgur.com/a/yeSqbL6 For example how I made it here. Making Twitch earn extra money. But how do you ensure that viewers do not turn on adblock? Well…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bits for Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Would be awesome if streamer that are payed for playing games need to make this clear.
    Ppl playing pay to win games and hype them - its not clear that they are payed for.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. It's annoying when people are leaving streamers streams because it's physically impossible to watch due to the amount of ads that's being shown. Many mins of ads just for a min or two of being able to watch the stream then back to the ads? That's no fun for anyone...

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?