Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. give streamers an incentive to run ads instead of forcing a garbage system that will block important moments

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Where the black space is on Stream Display Ads, let broadcasters upload their own custom images depending on if the content is live, vod, or a rerun.

Would help with channel branding, call to actions, and clear identity of content.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Display Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Maybe you can show the ad but give the stream at the top of the chat like webcam in watch party.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Display Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The size of a channel matters when you are looking to make ad revenue. Larger audiences are likely to have a larger number of potential ad viewers. Obviously, the sub/non-sub viewer ratio is important, but larger channels are likely to have a higher potential for ad revenue than smaller channels.

Scaling the time needed to disable pre-roll ads will encourage smaller channels to run ads. When pre-roll ads are disabled, there is a higher chance a new viewer will enter the channel potentially helping to grow that channel.

To "tag" along with the idea, add a tag under a preview…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I wish there was a option for affiliates and Partners alike to turn off preroll ads, a lot of us especially the smaller streamers hate that this is a thing and having a option to turn it off would make a lot of our streams a lot better. The reason why I say a toggle feature is because some streamers have a living from this so its not fair for them not to have it but the smaller streamers we dont like it and it drives away a lot from us

Thank you for reading this and taking this into…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Pre-roll ads don’t belong on live content to begin with, but they should never be as long as typical commercials/ads. Imagine clicking on a stream that you’re excited about watching in that very moment (because you saw something interesting in the thumbnail or someone tweeted about something happening on that stream) and then after the website loaded and the video player loaded, waiting another 30+ seconds for the live stream to load. That’s the current experience with pre-roll ads. It breaks the in the moment or “you had to be there” experience of live content.
    A 5 second pre-roll ad…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. This is awful. I want to receive bits that I can use for whoever I want. I don't want to watch an ad with a moshpit of people I don't know for only ONE streamer. As an individual consumer, I am allowed to watch multiple people, and should be allowed to award multiple people with bits. Why fix something when it isn't broken?

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multiplayer Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make it optional to even watch the multiplayer ad, and incentivize participating by awarding the viewers with the bits. This is not a great replacement for bit ads, all individuality is taken away, and this is just another thing to obscure or block the content I'm currently trying to watch, and being FORCED into, instead of CHOOSING to support by watching ads. In addition, if I'm subbed to a creator, ad breaks and ads when joining the stream do not play, so if I suddenly wind up being forced into ads so the streamer can give himself some bits by…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Pre-Rolls Need To End: A huge majority of people aren't sitting through an unskippable 3-5 min ad to see someone they've never watched before. As a creator I would much rather be required to run 1-2 ads within a stream at a chosen time, than these pre-rolls scaring off new people. At having to run one, I can do it in a natural pause of a game so nobody misses a major moment.

2. Mid-Rolls: If you insist on this awful feature we can't control, they should not take up the entire screen unless clicked on. Pop them in the corner…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad Specific Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Streaming content is muted and minimized in the corner.

After the advertisements are done playing, the stream is STILL muted.

This is frustrating because I have to interrupt what I was doing to un-mute THE THING I WAS ALREADY INVESTED IN WATCHING.

Simple solution: auto-un-mute the stream.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Picture-In-Picture  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ads without music won't be as disturbing. Also, ads which sounds like TTS give minor disturbance and attribute the stream with a level of engagement.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. For the love of god twitch, stop showing Ads the first 3 seconds you begin watching a channel.

Every-time I decide to start watching a new channel I am immediately bombarded with a minute of Ads. This usually leads me to just going back to a channel I have subbed to. Yeah, we all hate ads. No-one enjoys sitting through 4-9 Ads that can last from 15 - 45 seconds. And immediately playing this many Ads is mildly infuriating to say the least. I don't mind watching some Ads and supporting the Channel after at least seeing SOME content, instead…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please stop the fight against ad blockers. Not everybody is able to afford Twitch Turbo and those aren't people who you want to serve with ads, anyway, since they're low converters. Or do you want to sell ads to your worst viewers? The ones who don't spend money on your premium subscription are also unlikely going to purchase a product after seeing an ad and your advertisers will sooner or later figure that out when they see their low conversion rates...

Users who use ad blockers are annoyed by ads and naturally indisposed against companies who try to force their…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ads have an impact on viewer retention. When someone new comes to a stream, an ad can discourage them from waiting - and simply close the tab. That hinders growth. However, self-run midrolls (to disable prerolls) may have the same effect...

If we can see the impact that running a dreaded midroll can have on our potential to bring in new viewers - the friction against running ads may be lessened.

So my question: When will there be information on our dashboard analytics on how many people leave during a preroll versus midroll?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Voting is integrated into Twitch chat. When there are ads to be played, let the viewers decide which one(s) should play. This weeds out ads which the viewers of a channel don't like or have seen too often, and it will give Twitch useful feedback on the longevity and/or interest level of ads to take back to advertisers.

To avoid spamming the chat with polls, the results of an ad poll will apply to any ads played on the channel for at least two hours.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Not sure if I'm the only one who has this problem. I can't watch any stream that has adds enabled because the add freezes after 5 seconds and the timer doesn't update/go down. I restarted my pc but the problem remains (Using twitch for many years but never had this problem).

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Running midrolls every 30 minutes to prevent pre-rolls is insane. A single midroll as a streamer with 50-100 viewers will lose me half of my viewers per adrun.

This is not something I'll EVER do. The running of midroll ads simply is not something that's viable in any way ever for small streamers..

Give me an option to run a non-intrusive ad that does NOT interrupt live content and sure, I'll run it to prevent pre-rolls. But cutting the entire stream? Never ever

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. use Stream display ads instead of prerolls on live content ,keep prerolls on VODS my experience on twitch lately is that i dont go looking for new content creators much due to prerolls annoyance . you cant treat twitch like a Video on demand service you have to treat it as a live service , and you don't interrupt a live service with ads , SDAs are a great way not to interrupt the live broadcast . and midrolls controlled by the content creators as well . the issue with midrolls is that sometimes the midrolls are longer than the…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Display Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Could you please just listen to the viewers? literally nobody wanted you to change or likes the change you did. Please just get rid of the multiplayer ad idea completely, it removes the purpose of gifting bits. It makes it less personal. The streamer cant thank you as an individual for gifting him bits and now i cant buy tts messages like i used to. #freethebits

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Small creators have little to no opportunity to gain from ads because there simply aren't the viewers to gain anything monetarily.

A fix would be to provide a greater incentive (more ad free time/bits but also the ability to opt out entirely unless the view count crosses a certain threshold e.g. 100+ viewers.

Ads may be what keeps twitch free but there are plenty of 24 hour streams that constantly run on twitch because people come to twitch for the non-TV experience. Twitch threatens itself by changing into a cable-like experience

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?