Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

792 results found

1. while the very long advertuising is on the screen you miss all the content in the meantime! this is very stupid! change it! buy out for 12€ is to expensive and criminal!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I was attempting to complete a quick survey that appeared at the bottom of the stream I was watching full-screened. However, an ad that played during the stream caused the survey pop up to disappear. Making me unable to complete it by doing so. I'm not sure if it was simply a mistake or an issue on my side. Still though, I thought I should let you know.

Thank you :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ads never play for me because i dont allow them through my software and cause the stream to pause until i refresh the page. this is causing a terrible click through rate for you and i cant support streamers. please fix

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Currently, the Ad Incentive Program presents you three offers every month. It's on a take it or leave it basis. I find there is a big issue with this though. The amount of money you are offered is fine. The amount of hours you are required to stream for a month is fine. The thing that doesn't make sense is the amount of minutes of ads per hour you are required to run.

I have received offers in two months now where the lowest ads per hour requirement was 4 minutes, and I have even seen some people with their…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I don’t mind playing ads on my channel. I believe you would have 80% less complaints from people if you switch placement for ads. Put the Ad in upper-hand corner (above chat) or let the Streamer choose some Option in the dashboard (DISPLAY ONLY ADS, OR BOTH)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Nobody wants to see an Ad right as they enter a new stream. If they click on a stream from the main page or from a raid, nobody wants to watch it immediately. Me personally I exit as fast as I can and go watch someone else instead of ads. Viewers would be more inclined to stay around if watching ads wasn’t the first thing they got.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Streamers should have the ability to opt-out of certain ads, particularly military recruitment ads. Some creators may have a younger audience. The streamer should reserve the right to protect that audience. The military ad complex is already vast and has deep roots within Twitch. If a streamer does not want that sort of content on their channel, they should be able to block it. Additionally, this option should be able to be seen publicly. Parents who check their children’s activity might want to be able to know a streamer opts out of Military recruitment ads targeted at minors.

526 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I am being shown ads to a channel I am subscribed to and have been instructed to report the ads that are shown as "playing too often".

How about giving us an actual choice for the actual problem, it would be so easy: "I am subscribed or have ad-free and am being shown ads".

That way you guys have actual useful information to fix problems with.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Twitch needs to either get rid of the IP Ban and the thing were banned users cant watch a streamers stream, OR punish the Streamer who discriminates against their viewers. I'm sick of twitch not doing anything about a streamer that banned me for being autistic. It was a blatant act of discrimination! I just want to be apart of this one streamers community but she banned me for my autism and depression then mocked me and continued to talk bad about me after I was banned and Twitch has literally done nothing, this has been going on for 6…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I occasionally get served a Twitch ad even though I pay for Turbo. On FireTV app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When hovering over an ad on a stream, clicking the ad will take you to the advertiser's website. However, the mouse pointer displays as normal, and does not show the "link" pointer (a hand with a finger extended) as it ought to. This behavior would comply with W3C guidelines.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Is there a way for users to specify the placement of the new vertical ad format somewhere else besides between the chat and the broadcast window? Is there a way for streamers to move it to the left of the page (like under the follower bar)? Or is it locked to the right-hand side of the frame? With the entire page in dark mode the brighter adverts are little distracting and makes it difficult to read chat when streaming on smaller laptop screens or mobile.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. If you are going to force us to keep seeing ads, at least give us, as viewers, more control what kinds of ads we see. Like, on Youtube you can choose to give them info like location, age, gender, interests, etc. so you won't be shown ads that are obviously directed at a group of people you're not a part of.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. colocar uma opção pra escolher a resolução dos anúncios, pois os meus anúncios estão vindo tudo em 1080p e não quer diminuir

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. O meu problema é que os anúncios estão vindo tudo em 1080p e não querem diminuir a qualidade, tem como vcs diminuir a qualidade da resolução por favor, ou colocar a opção pra escolher a resolução

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I participated in the Ads Incentive Program since it launched, but kept it at 1min/h throughout the entire time. With the recent updates, that option has been removed - the new minimum is 3min (!!!). Twitch is not a show on TV, the content is not paused during ads, a LOT can happen and be missed in 3min.
    We hardly get anything out of running ads if we don't participate in the AIP.

Please bring the 1min Ads Incentive Program option back for everyone :C

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The existence of a hard cap on preroll free viewing time at 30 minutes is extremely restrictive, and difficult to integrate with various forms of streamed content. Being forced to take an ad break every 30 minutes causes disruption to content flow, and is detrimental to viewer experience.

There is no difference in ad density between 3m/h and 1.5m/ .5h. The pinning of pre-roll free viewing to a 30 minute cap feels very arbitrary and creates an artificial barrier to fluid integration of ad breaks for creators streaming longer form content.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I just encountered an ad that features a teenager committing suicide and his father frantically trying to get into his room to save him. I understand that this ad is for awareness but I know multiple people including myself who have lost people to suicide and my cousin shot himself as his family was walking in. With no disclaimer, it completely derailed the stream and took me by surprise. I would like to advocate for a disclaimer feature for ads that viewers might find disturbing. Such as gore, suicide and self harm topics, etc. I can't have been the only…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Currently, in the Ad Manager, you can set ad breaks to be up to 3 minutes, but 90 seconds is the maximum amount to disable pre-rolls (30 minutes). Why not allow to disable pre-rolls for the full hour if you set the Ad Manager to 3 minutes? Running an ad every 30 minutes is way too disruptive. I am incapable of taking breaks when I speedrun for a full 100 minutes, it it impossible for me to adjust the three disruptions that would occur so that no one misses an important fight or trick. If it was ONE break of…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I am getting advertisements in channels I'm subscribed to, even in channels where I have a tier 3 subscription. I PAY TO NOT HAVE ADS. Either refund me for every subscription I have because you're FALSE ADVERTISING or STOP IT IMMEDIATELY!

179 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?