Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

767 results found

1. Allow users to block ads that have flashing lights. Your advertisers should be marking any videos that have flashing lights that could trigger seizures, migraines, or headaches in users. It's the middle of 2023, this should be an option EVERYWHERE. Adding that one ad that prompted this was an ad that features flashing red warning lights with a couple sitting on a couch seat in a house setting. It has kids with hockey gear. I'll catch the company next time.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please do not run 21 ads during a memorial service stream. That would be awesome if we could find a way to not do that during the memorial of someone's life. I was watching a streamer's memorial after he died and got 21 ads in less than a hour trying to watch people remember his life.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I'm not against the idea of ads, but maybe let there be a way for people to avoid getting jump scared by ads such as the one mentioned.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I participated in the Ads Incentive Program since it launched, but kept it at 1min/h throughout the entire time. With the recent updates, that option has been removed - the new minimum is 3min (!!!). Twitch is not a show on TV, the content is not paused during ads, a LOT can happen and be missed in 3min.
    We hardly get anything out of running ads if we don't participate in the AIP.

Please bring the 1min Ads Incentive Program option back for everyone :C

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I'd like to have a setting that allows us to display "how many seconds later the ad will run" for an ad that's being streamed.

If the ad plays the moment I send a chat, it makes it very difficult for me to hear what the streamer has to say to me in real time.

Also, if you could turn that setting on by default on Twitch, it would make it easier for viewers to know when to send a chat, and would allow for smooth communication.

配信中の広告について、「何秒後に広告が流れるか」を表示できる設定が欲しいです。

チャットを送った瞬間に広告が流れると、ストリーマーが私に対して何かを言ってくれた場合、リアルタイムで聞き取れないため、とても困ります。

また、Twitchではデフォルトでその設定をONにしていただけると、視聴者もチャットを送るタイミングがわかりやすくなり、スムーズにコミュニケーションが取れるようになると思います。

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I just encountered an ad that features a teenager committing suicide and his father frantically trying to get into his room to save him. I understand that this ad is for awareness but I know multiple people including myself who have lost people to suicide and my cousin shot himself as his family was walking in. With no disclaimer, it completely derailed the stream and took me by surprise. I would like to advocate for a disclaimer feature for ads that viewers might find disturbing. Such as gore, suicide and self harm topics, etc. I can't have been the only…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow enrolment in the program to be paused and then resumed as necessary, rather then the current option which is just to remove yourself from the program for the current month. The reason I would find this useful is that once a month I do a tournament stream and ads are extra intrusive in this setting and trying to fit them around the content is just another thing to do during a busy stream.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'm a Twitch Prime user and I'm sick of ads. Although I pay for your services, I still see ads and you ask for additional payment to not see them. The same service with youtube premium just cancels all ads but your system is really bad right now. Please don't show ads to prime members, or I will cancel my subscription next month.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The ad manager and 55% revenue split has been very beneficial for me personally, however I think it is only really helpful for a very small portion of streamers. My stream is compartmentalized so that I can fit my content into 1 hour periods (the max period allowed in the scheduler). The overwhelming majority of streamers playing games do not have this ability and in general from my experience most viewers would prefer extended ad breaks more infrequently during BRB periods while the streamer is not playing, than short ads interrupting content frequently.

I think that MANY more streamers could…

184 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We are experiencing a situation where you are placing too many and long advertisements, which is causing us to no longer enjoy the broadcasts of the channels we watch. We kindly request and urge you to promptly address this issue. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Everytime a series of ads run on twitch, the volume resets after every ad to an absurdily high volume. If I set the volume down to 0 or 1%, with the original stream volume being at say 50%, the volume of the ad resets to 50% every ad.
    Stupidly annoying.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The ability to advertise other streamers via images/posters. These posters, when clicked on will redirect to streamers channel (url). I have drawn up blue prints of this idea (google drive url)
    v

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bauWfl8XH4odE4T0xR_ZsKFKBr9S90sf/view?usp=sharing

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I think the twitch company has already made enough money on stolen credit cards and "bit theft". More than 2 ads for more than 30 seconds in a row that you force us to buy the "Turbo" membership are making you lose customers! Streamers are looking for a new platform to escape to like youtube and viewers complain about the same problem...
    I don't know who is doing your company analysis, but if it continues like this, you will definitely experience a rapid collapse. To avoid losing customers:
    reduce the number of ads,
    Shorten the advertising time.
    Simple.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. endless ads when browser does not have focus
    just because the window does not have focus or is muted does not mean i am not watching
    as soon as i alt+tab back to it, or unmute i get 3+ ads
    this is extremely annoying and i just close it, i dont care how the content was

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I'm trying to watch a past broadcast and every time it starts playing a new set of pre-roll adds starts. I've had to sit through like 3 sets. Please fix it so i can just watch what i want to watch after the ads.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. WHITE & BRIGHT Ads should not be allowed on a gaming platform. Amazon just supplemented an ad with a BRIGHT WHITE border that said something like "Buy this product on Amazon." Try viewing that experience at 2 AM when it's completely dark, Imagine, you're vibin on Pokimane pro'g noobs on League, sweet, sweet darkness all around you, bowl of cheetos in your lab, bowl of ice cream in front of you...and...BAM..."BuY ThIs Pr0ducT on AmAzOnNNzzz" The light from the bright white strip could wake up the dog in the house across the street. You're now blind. Your only comfort? Knowing…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Am I watching streamers or ads? Because every time I come to a streamer page, it seems like it's an ad, not a stream. I am confused. Maybe if you re a streamer site, play streamers FIRST rather than ads in my face. Bye now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Adidas Ad is ridden with flashing lights and *. I don’t understand how the **** got approved in the first place. I understand you guys have to make money but for gods sake have some regulations against flashing lights

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Normally, I don't mind ads. I know ads are the way Twitch makes money, as well as Twitch's content producers. But, the ads for Chrome are so annoying that every time one comes on, I immediately close it, and, there are WAY TOO MANY of them that play. (Most of the time, two Chrome ads play in a row!)

The stupid ones where a person is pressing thumbs in your face (making it look like the person is on their cell, the one with the stupid fake dog, and that annoying one where everyone says, "uhhh....." I hate them all!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hello.

For years now I've noticed many complaining about the user experience on Twitch concerning advertisements. I myself have also felt burdened by the frequent and interrupting ads on Twitch, which have pushed me away from the platform, so I painstakingly compiled a list of data and ideas to help improve the twitch experience.

I offer this data and feedback free of charge in hopes that Twitch will do the right thing and help rectify the seemingly declining viewership on the platform.

For this, please refer to...

DING DING DING DING DING!!!! TACO BELL!!! LOOK AT OUR BURRITOS, TACOS, AND…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 38 39
  • Don't see your idea?