Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management

This Forum concerns: Login, Connections and Password Resets

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

328 results found

1. Please Fix 2 fa so it works with all phones. I am currently having to find a work around because MY cell carrier is NOT supported. it is preventing me from getting my affiliate that is B.S. There should be another option to authenticate other than cell phone OR your system should just send a code out to what ever # i put in even if it is not on some list. this is crazy as my Number works for every other site on internet!

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be nice if twitch loosened restrictions on usernames since so many are taken and they don't seem to get freed up.

For example allowing usernames starting with symbols (_username), as well as adding more symbols for use, such as '-', '/', '.', '|', '~', and other characters.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Just an option to make spaces avaliable in usernames :D

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Diacritics (accent marks over/under/around letters; e.g. ú, ÿ, ç, å, ē) are important in spelling rules for many languages. There are a number of situations where a diacritic can be the difference between a common word and a horribly inappropriate one.

The display name field on Twitch should be extended to allow diacritics alongside capitalization changes to a username. This would add at least some level of support for a large number of additional languages with a relatively simple change.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I went to change my password today and had my password manager generate a random 100 character password. Twitch said "That password is too easy to guess" and points me at a page that just says it needs to be "at least 8 characters long". I get the same error with length 90 and 80. Through trial and error, apparently 71 is the maximum usable length.

It's unclear why there's a maximum limit, so I'd recommend removing that. Otherwise, the error message should indicate what the actual problem is.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Some people may have old accounts that they had forgotten about. In my case. I have one without the numbers at the end of the name. I recently was able to log into it and would like to have the ability to swap the name with my current account.

If someone can prove they own both of the accounts, it would be nice for some way to swap them. If I change the name of the account with no numbers, there's no guarantee I'll be able to be the one to snag it whenever it gets freed up and that…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Authenticate a PC across all of your platforms. Example: Twitch Web and Desktop App, Broadcasting software (StreamLabs OBS), etc.

Right now, after re-installing my Windows, I had to request an SMS authentication code for Web, Twitch App Desktop and StreamLabs OBS. Since I had to reset my password (forgot it once again, since I am not allowed to have an Easy password) I have totally requested 3 sms messages. After which I get locked out and I couldn't get a code for the Desktop Twitch App for that period of time, on the same PC.

Authenticating the PC uniquely, without…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I understand Twitch has recently allowed people to use other apps for means of authentication, but please allow users to use U2F/FIDO authentication, this is not only more secure but also very reliable. Having a U2F as primary with a TOTP as a backup is in my opinion the best method of security, given that Affiliate/Partner accounts hold alot of personal Tax information, I feel this fits more as it's such sensitive information.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Display the exact amount of days left until one is able to change their Username in the Profile Settings.

Currently it just displays the amount roughly rounded up and inaccurate, e.g "You may update your username again in 1 month"

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I use privacy mode in my browser, meaning it erases all temp data between sessions like cookies etc. Witch means that I need to verify that I am who I am every single time that I try to log in.

It's hella inconvenient as you can imagine. I'm not planning to add any personal data so even if my account is hacked I wouldn't care at all.

If you worried that somebody uses this option without realizing the implications just add a very clear disclaimer and/or limit some twitch functionality if an option is enabled.

Thanks in advance.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Login  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It's 2021 New Era.
    Time for Twitch to get out of its thick skin.
    All Technical Twitch issues, some 99% of which arise from BOTS accounts.
    This is a FAQ last days BOT attacks. and suspect Ddoss.

Twitch management Its Thick headlines Don't leave any suggestion through their thick skin. and deny well-meant security to streamers and viewers. to build in.

now talking takless
    Foreword bots.
    - Spam bots.
    - FOllow bots.
    - Hostbots.
    - Scam bots.
    Started last weeks before Christmas. attacks from bots.
    and server problems worldwide on Twitch. and DDos attacks.
    (ddoss I suspect also comes with…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I already have 2FA. I do not want emails confirming a login, especially if it's from a known location. Please add an Unsubscribe option for this notice.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I have wanted to change my twitch username multiple times, but I have decided against it because I do not want to have to go through the process of reintroducing myself to everyone that I have met previously in chats and talk them through me changing username. I am a moderator in multiple channels, and it would create a cluster if I completely changed my username. I think there should be an option when you change your username to TEMPORARILY put your old username in parenthesis next to your new username to avoid this issue. (An example of what I…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently when you change your username, your ticket product (the name that appears on subscription receipts) stays as your old username. Please make it match your current username so people don't refund subs thinking they are subscribed to someone else.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. i use Opera GX as my primary browser and I can't seem to log in I can view the website but can not log in.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Requiring users to enter some code via sms every 30-days is just stupidity disguised as security theatre. These codes do nothing to further protect our data at-rest, nor do they validate identity. It's just another unnecessary hoop to jump through. If it wasn't a meaningless, pointless, futile exercise, you wouldn't have added a 30-day option to not-validate - you'd be validating with every new browser instance. We don't need another TSA in our lives.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I tried to use a password that is autogenerated by my password manager. Obviously I won't put that here, but another one generated by it is: "speed applause deceiver endpoint cash freckles polygraph mothball unsaid raffle vacant unmoved".
    This is apparently "not secure" and "too easy to guess". Instead I had to make it: "speed applause deceiver endpoint cash freckles polygraph mothball unsaid raffle vacant unmoved1!"

Its worth pointing out that adding a password requirement of any kind besides length and restricting obvious dictionary sequences is well known (even by the US government via its most recent NIST standards) to…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Remove the reCAPTCHA. I have to click out of logging into my profile multiple times before I can see the verification button on the reCAPTCHA so I can finally enter into my profile.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Login  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When you go to change your username, there is no confirmation to make sure the change was intentional. It should ask for a confirmation if you are making a 2-6 month commitment. It should just ask "You are about to change your username, is this correct?" As it is now, you can be trying out different things and if you accidentally hit enter, then you have to live without a username of your choosing for 2-6 months. I am really shocked this hasn't been implemented. I can't even look at a website without confirming my choices about cookies, but I…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Currently if you have smart notifications on, you'll get a go live notification on Twitch for a few seconds and then it disappears. While on mobile, your notifications stay until viewed due to how phones work.

I would like all go live notifications to go into "My Notifications" so you can actually see who recently went live from anywhere on the website.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?