Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

975 results found

1. I was recently chatting with some other streamers and we agreed that this would be great.

When streaming, the streamer will often have the Chat popped out in their browser. But there's no way to know if a new Whisper came in. There's no way, through Twitch, to find out if someone is trying to reach you privately. And in a busy Chat, even if they try to reach you publicly, you can miss it.

It would be great if the little Whispers icon were at the top or bottom of the popped out chat, and if it could have…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability to have different chat colors on different channels. e.g. for one red chat color for the other blue chat color. This can also be done as a Turbo or Prime Gaming feature.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Using Chrome, and likely other browsers! If you resize the window small enough that the chat window collapses even for a moment, that window no longer has the chat history in it.

You can lose a valuable conversation you are participating in with a single quick accidental mouse click or finger tap.

Booooo. :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Being able to open threads on the side.
    Being able to reply to someone in a thread rather than just replying to yourself/original poster.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. riaggiungere il comando coro in modo da far interagire di piu i followers in chat

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hi Twitch,

could you present the information displayed in the chat for the users in a little more detail->

Currently you can see the following in the chat:
    - last follow activity (date)
    - Subscriptions (in series, total subscriptions)
    - badges etc
    My current suggestion would be:
    - first follow activity (date)
    - week watching time (time in hrs)
    - monthly watching time (time in hrs)

Thanks in advance!

MrSchokii

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Card  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow users to set what timezone they are in, and display both local time and the chatter's time.

eg: I am in US/Eastern and Anon123 is in US/Pacific, so I would see something like this in my chat:
    12:01 Nivex: This is a test message
    12:02 (9:02) Anon123: Response message

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. TLDR; Twitch members would really benefit from users having an option to add phonetic spelling to their profile.

Whenever someone comes into chat, I like to ask how their name is pronounced. This often means that new followers’ first message is how their name is pronounced, or lurking users may be pulled out of their lurk to explain how it is pronounced. For some, requests like this may even be microaggressive.

A solution to this would be an opt-in feature for phonetic spelling, where the phonetic spelling of the username is available on their page and when hovering over their…

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It's very important to implement filters, because i need, for example, to view firt message from specific user, or view messages per month, by keyword, and so on. Implement many filters please. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 配信を見る側の意見です。配信を閲覧中、一度配信ページを離れると、自分や他者のチャットコメントが消えてしまいます。消えないようにしてほしいです。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Twitch betting.
    With polls already existing a betting system could be brought in. A rough idea on how it could work -
    A and B streamers are in the same team of a call of duty match and they start a poll (bet) on who will finish the match with more kills and viewers can bet on their choice of player ( A or B ). For eg. a 100 people bet 1$ each (preset odds are 1 for both) on this poll where 60 chose A and 40 chose B. B ends up winning the bet hence the voters…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please allow streamers to place specific user in chat in Emote Only Mode.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. If someone forget to set a space after end of sentence point (.) Twitch chat make a link out of it. Example: ...is really heavy.for years i try to... The "heavy.for" is shown as a link. I'm sure it will be misused in the future, when more sublevel domains are on the market. We have the it for italy domain for example. You could just do a page like ****.it and post a sense making sentence around this "link"... You know what I mean...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It's a big problem for djs to be recognized if the account name doesn't contain DJ, like for example djblabla. If djs are using a normal name like peterparker, the other users can't identify them as content creators. On the other side, there is viewers, not active djs on twitch, using nicknames with dj in name. It's impossible to call up and support the content creaters, give shoutouts for owner and mods.

Make it like this: Twitch detects someone is streaming every x days for y hrs in category music. Twitch gives a notification to this user to register as…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow direct reply to a chat from muliple people , including a count for reactions - This is a major drawback for DJs streaming on Twitch vs Facebook live. The thread is more personal and hypes comments with counting of similar reactions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Replies  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The current limit for a /timeout is set to 2 weeks, it would be nice if this could be increased to a 3 week or month limit, this allows you to truly filter out some people while still easily giving them a chance to re-appear but not needing to straight up ban and adding a mod-comment to the userprofile. Not to mention bans tend to be forgotten if the user doesn't send in an unban-request.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When a suspicious user marked as restrict types in chat, others can´t view the message, except the streamer and moderators.
    The problem is that streamer can read it during a live stream, specially in a crowded chat even with moderator chat highlights.
    Right now there is no great difference for chat highlights between a restricted user and a monitored user. I know that text color is different, but highlight caption is always Suspicious User.
    I suggest a different color for moderator highlight as well as a new caption for this situation.
    And if possible, an option to disable this type…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Specific user slow mode, Instead of turning on slow mode for the entire chat i would like to turn it on for individual users, i think this would make moderating specific users easier and more discrete without disrupting the flow of the entire chat.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. So, I was chatting and I noticed my timestamps were 7 minutes ahead of everyone else's. I re-synced my system clock via NTP...but then I wasn't able to chat for ~7 minutes because my previous message was sent from what my computer considered seven minutes IN THE FUTURE, triggering the flood protection message cooldown.

I imagine it works in the other direction as well, in which case there's no way this isn't somehow exploitable.

What other time-based protection is handled client-side in defiance of all reason? The timer to be let into follower-only chat after following? Moderation timeouts? I can't…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The way restricting users are as they are informs the restricted user they're being restricted. If the idea is to prevent them from making another account to get around it it's probably best not to immediately tell them that they're being restricted in the first place. It would be so much handier to have someone's messages be privately seen only by the moderators before they can deduce whether someone is a repeat offender or not and lift said restriction when they come to a conclusion. Sort of like a shadow mute feature of sorts. I bring this up as someone…

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?