Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

270 results found

1. Moments is a feature that Twitch released as a Beta to a handful of creators. Whenever something cool happened in your stream, you could give out a "Moment" to those who were there to witness it. Twitch just announced they are discontinuing it as of October. I'm writing this to ask you to reconsider.

The Moment was a clip that was created when you gave the command, and allowed for some minor editing. Anyone who claimed the moment would also receive a badge, and the more moments you claimed, the more your badge evolved over time. You could even click…

4,277 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be very nice, if it's possible to delete your own message in the chat. It happens sometimes that you write something what sounds pretty good in your mind, but if you read it in the chat after sending it, you recognize that it wasn't such a cool Idea to post it or you mention by yourself that your message is stupid and want to delete it. A cool way to implement this would be, if you add a little bin between the own message, that you can easy delete it by clicking on them.

566 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Some communities will notice a new way to "chant" during hype moments on stream. This is a limited time experiment where only some creators will have access to this feature. Creators and Mods will be able to use /chant (using text and/or emotes) in chat to kick one off. Viewers will see a private callout with the chant and can dismiss or choose to participate!

We'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions here. We look forward to hearing your feedback!

441 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Looking for Feedback  ·  Twitch responded

On 2/2, we will turn off Chants.

While this feature was popular, we observed negative impacts to minutes watched for significant groups of creators.

Experiments help us test new ideas in real time, and decide what to build next. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

4. A chat badge to identify yourself in Twitch chat as a developer.

365 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like to have the ability to enable an option where new viewers to a stream can see previous messages posted in chat. There are times when viewers may come into a chat, but have no context, with what the streamer is discussing as they are unable to see previous messages in chat. There are also times where regular viewers may have to temporarily leave the stream, but then when they return only a little bit later, they are unable to see what was previously posted in chat. I know other streaming services, such as YouTube and Mixer, by…

219 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The ability to hide the Mod Badge/ Sword from view.

This is especially important for communities that are on the smaller side where new viewers may be intimidated by the amount of mods with their badge chatting.

It also allows certain moderators to mod anonymously.

152 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. As of today's announcement as TwitchCon Las Vegas 2023, Twitch has changed it's simulcast policy.

It states: ..."do not use third-party services that combine activity from other platforms or services on your Twitch stream during your Simulcast, such as merging chat or other features"...

In other words, embedding YouTube or TikTok chat into the live stream is not allowed.

I think this will hurt the industry, as other platforms may follow these rules as well, making it less likely to embed chats in live streams.

As third-party developer i see that embedding Chat in live streams is a core feature…

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I’d like there to be a toggle to enable or disable auto emotes for text emotes like these; :/ :) :( :D
    Normally when these are typed it’s automatically turned into a twitch emote but I don’t want that :/

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Having 12h times is confusing, since where I live, all printed times are always given in 24h format.

I'd like there to be a UI option to switch between.

If feasible, the default settings whould depend on the user's locale, so most people would never need to touch it - it'd be "right" for them automatically.

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow Moderators of a channel have access to highlighted chat messages without the cost of channel points.
    this could have big impact in chats as moderator would be able to get a message across to either the chat or the streamer with ease without it being lost in a sea of messages.
    this could also be a fetuare the streamer could disable/enable if they dont want moderators to have access to free highlighhted messages.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When streaming using my VPN, my chat constantly disconnects and reconnects. This does not happen when VPN is off, and is not actually a connection issue as I never drop frames. I could ignore the constant spamming of "welcome to the chat room" but the problem is that I miss chats from my community. Being a small streamer, this is unacceptable as I read and respond to everyone. Being a female streamer, turning off my VPN is not an option. I do understand that twitch is trying to do something about people using VPN's to get around channel bans. But…

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I think a lot of people might agree with this and I think this is a good idea but not sure if its possible..
    But hear me out....

what if it was possible for all streamers having an option to have an auto language translate?

Pro:
    - People that doesnt know how to type in english, will be able to type anything on their own language and then when u send it/ maybe before send it, will translate it to english.
    - you as a stream watcher, be able to join other content creators chat that is not in english,…

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • *italic text*,
    • **bold text**,
    • `Discord-style inline code` (greetings!),
    • \*escaped, non-italic text\*,
    • \n, new-line (otherwise CTRL+Enter); maybe only allowed for verified bots,
    • etc.

It would be really cool to have. As a streamer and bot dev, the first example that comes to mind might be:

Wrong usage. `!help <topic>` to show help about a specific topic or command.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Say you have a Japanese display name and like to watch English streams and are English, the English streamers cant read your name because most of them use extensions which cause it to only show the Japanese lettering and not the English in parenthesis. So if youre in an English chat your display name should automatically be only English if you choose and If youre in other language you can have a non-English display name

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Often I see someone's chat message and I just want to react with an emoji/emote, but replying and tagging the user with just an emote isn't really the same and can get spammy, especially with multiple reactions from different people. This is DEEPLY ingrained in Discord culture, and seeing your message get several reactions is quite rewarding.

Attaching the reaction to the chat message would increase engagement and decrease spam. It would also increase the value of unique channel emotes by adding new contexts for their use.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In the stream I mod, we are using the chat restriction feature to prevent trolls from spamming messages. In some case where we see the troll is spamming even if they are in chat restriction mode, we take further action to permanently ban. But since chat history of chat-restricted user appears not being logged, other mods / streamer cannot see the context of ban.

Can we make the chat history of chat-restricted users logged? I'm pretty sure there will be many other scenarios the chat log is going to be helpful for moderating the chat.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Leave a rules button next to the channel points to highlight the rules.
    Note: I make this suggestion because many do not read the rules and the rules button is currently very "hidden" because it has to open the settings.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Likeable chat messages. We must get a chance to like a chat message while we are watching a stream. And we will be able to see who gets most likes or dislikes. In my opinion, it definitely provides much more chatting, viewers. You should get this feature, you should make it happen.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The ability to upload any image to the chat of any streamer, which has a sample duration of about 30 seconds, which by default can only be uploaded by the content creator and channel moderators and which has a filter in case obscene things are uploaded. Images from twitter or any platform could also be shown and displayed as the cover of the Clips in the chat.

This could show in the chat, with command, more personalized badges or a random face of any follower / subscriber that the streamer has previously created, without strictly diverting attention from the broadcast.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Instead of having to post hyperlinks in chat that vary in character length/size; it would be great if hyperlinks could be used as markdown text in chat similar to panels. Hovering over links could be used as well here to display to the user which website the link leads to. This would be very useful for chat bots plus broadcasters and moderators could restrict markdown to themselves and/or view full links in chat instead to minimize scam or inappropriate links to other websites.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?