Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. a viewer that me and my partner in streaming (Ryuu101) share has multiple accounts, more than 13 and they keep on being toxic, and no matter how many times we ban or time them out they keep coming back. it isn't an issue with me, but they are stressing Ryuu101 out, and i don't like seeing people doing this kind of stuff to other people so something needs to be done, or at least a professional can tell her what she needs to do. they go by many names, but the main two are randomidiot, and Fo1x123452. the fox account…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. since live notifications dont work in theatre mode (which im in 100% of the time) could we plz get notifications in chat that are highlighted when
    1: a streamer i follow comes online
    and
    2: a streamer i follow changes game categories

this is very useful information to know so we can watch something more interesting to us asap without having to rely on discord notifications or twitter etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. that is when I write in the chat of a stream people do not see my messages

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hi twitch all right so I'm a twitch user and I noticed a bug in which the bug consists of whether we are going to use the message highlight in an individual's stream and open it and not write anything and if we go to another stream, the individual continues a highlight of the message appears spending the points of the person we are watching live at the moment, although the highlight does not work, but if we write the text in the highlight option we spend the points in the first stream that we go through!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I think more tools should be provided to people who use twitch to moderate their own chat experiences, I'm curious to hear more opinions on self moderation rather than a overarching theory of what's acceptable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When streamers shout out fellow friend streamers on raids I'd like to be able to clic on his name (on mobile or PC) and have the option to follow them instead of adding them as a friend. I may be blind be having friends is a useful thing on FB, what Twitch has, from a content creator point of view is streamers and viewers...
    Don't see where friends come in the equation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. In an effort to make trolling more difficult, require 2 Factor Authentication to chat in streams. People can make fake phone numbers to tie emails to, but it would be difficult to constantly have to create both to tie together. Twitch users are supposed to be 13 years of age or older anyway and every teenager or older out there interacting on Twitch have cell phones. This would help provide better security and prevent bot spam and provide a safer experience for the streamer because of how difficult it would be to just create a brand new account after being…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I got a notification that i got the foundersbadge at one of the streamers im subbed to, but i dont see the badge. (i have'nt disabled them in settings)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. hay una persona que se esta haciendo múltiples cuentas para en mis directos decir información personal por el chat, ya he baneado más de una cuenta, ¿qué hago ahora si se hace 20 más?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When the chat is in emote only it would be great to have whitelisted words so that BTTV emotes can still be used on emote only

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow API to post highlighted messages.

We get donations and I want to post them to the chat under the channel account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. when some one is timed out from the chat, and they use the Collapse button it resets the timer so, they are sent into a endless loop, of being timed out from the chat.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. eu gostaria de saber como que eu ativo esse comando no meu chat

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chatlist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. start doing special things for peoples birthdays. please. a discount, a message, maybe a free sub or bits? please and thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Current chat replies is a neat idea, but the in-chat visuals shows the reply seemingly only to the original poster of the thread, instead of the previous poster/actual user that one is replying to.

Showing the actual person you're replying to makes it less confusing. [Affects when the thread has more than 1 reply.]

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat Replies (experiment)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. shniffles I would like to be a smexy mustard colour in light mode (can't use dark mode sadly) ;~: the only yellow is a baby poo colour

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would like to see Twitch implement a Channel Points command. For example "/cp " where is the name of the reward.

We make extensive use of the Channel Points system and have about 40 rewards. Our regulars have said that it is sometimes difficult to find the reward they are looking for in a timely manner in order to affect what happens on-stream through a 3rd party application called Lioran Board.

Channel Points are a great tool for viewer engagement, but the method of finding a reward needs to be easy and streamlined. Not clunky and inconvenient. Otherwise usage,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability for mods to select MENTION or WHISPER on initial list available when selecting a chat user's name instead of having to go into actions. Tks. krinjeemom on TWITCH💜

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat Replies (experiment)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. This would especially benefit streamers with many viewers, if they actually intend to interact more with their viewers. The more viewers they have, the less likely it is that a viewer's question gets replied to.

My suggestion:

1. Viewers can submit questions by using a chat command, e.g: "!q What's your favourite food?"

2. Questions are automatically shown in the streamer's dashboard. Create a new area for this. Alternatively create a new layer inside the chat box and show the questions there.

3. Viewers can also see accumulated questions (inside chat box), so they don't submit the same questions multiple times. They can…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?