Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

966 results found

1. When you follow a streamer, you probably like what they say, and dont want to miss any of it. Giving them some kind of icon or other highlight would make it much easier to filter out the streamers i follow in very active chats

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hello, sometimes I tend to chat with people therefore I completely miss out on what's actually happening with the game that the person is playing. On the other hand - sometimes I tend to watch broadcaster(s) in full screen and therefore if someone wanted to talk to me or just say something quickly - I would never know because I wouldn't be paying attention to chat. I can see that you guys are trying to keep things nice and simple here on Twitch and I appreciate it, you've already implemented "Whisper" feature - it's okay I guess, but what we…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Currently /slow sets the slowmode to default 120 seconds. It could be used to let chatters look up how large ist is.
    This would help moderators to better set their slows based on channel activity. It would also prevent chatters from spamming the channel with "slowtest" messages.
    It should also show which moderator last changed the slowmode (only for the broadcaster and other mods).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I have users blocked yet I can still see their message if themselves as a mod or the streamer pinned their message.

Blocked should not be able to see a user whatsoever, pinned or otherwise. This seems like a major bug in the chat system that to show toxic users which could set people off by seeing their username even just by pinning their username and message. In the terms where the streamer doesn't do anything with toxic users against other users.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Objective: Introduce a native, fully interactive, customizable full-screen chat overlay to enhance the Twitch user experience.

Current Issue: Third-party extensions for full-screen chat are not universally adopted, which leads streamers to embed chat in their broadcasts, detracting from the full-screen content experience.

Proposed Feature:

A native, interactive full-screen chat overlay, adjustable for transparency and screen positioning.
    The ability for viewers to toggle the chat overlay on/off based on personal viewing preferences.

Key Advantages:

Delivers a seamless full-screen experience with interactive chat, a core part of Twitch's live-streaming.
    Unifies the viewer experience across all streams, ensuring everyone can use the chat…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Or popout the stream in a better place where people wouldn't mind it to be blocked, like the following sidebar.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When you raid another channel, viewers have the option to leave the raid. Sometimes they never have the option to raid out and are left behind, or maybe saw the channel was live in a directory and joined to an offline channel with no idea where they raided. The burden is left on the streamer or moderators to ensure the channel is linked in chat to notify anyone who missed out.

My request is to add UI that shows the channel that was recently, successfully raided to along with a clickable link. It can look like one of the existing…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. This is more of a user-experience change, though I was unable to find a category for it. I'm also including that as a suggestion because it provides context.

Suggestion: If multiple twitch channels are open, and I receive a push notification for a whisper/message and I close the message on one tab, it should send a push to the other tabs to close that message on those channels as well

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There is a bug related to the interaction between Twitch chat and the For You panel.
    When some text is typed into the chat box (but enter is not pressed) and the mouse hovers over a channel in the For You panel and then hovers off the channel name, the Text box will resume focus but then any further text being typed will occur in reverse.

It may be related to the 'focus-visible' css class being removed from the chatbox element when the channel hover is activated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please remove new unnecessary whisper restriction that demands phone number. Why did twitch do this (never had problem before today)? My account is verified and I'm in the midst of preparing my stream. Now I'm locked out and cannot do anything. This is a nightmare as my contacts are now uncontactable. What genius decided this was a good idea? Fire them now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Would love to see a TwitchCon on the east coast.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The new Tool Tip pop up that has been released site wide breaks all site functionality in Chrome and Firefox whenever a UI element is hovered over. Including emote selection, all chat UI elements, mod tools, channel points, chat identities, or any UI element that has a hover over text pop up effect. Issue can be replicated on multiple systems and multiple browsers. Embedded chat in OBS uses the old tool tips and is unaffected. When the tool tip is active the entire website cannot be scrolled, including chat and main channel pages. When clicking the tool tip, the site…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Los mensajes del chat de twitch solo aparecen visibles a mi, ni al streamer ni a las demas personas del chat y cuando recargo la pagina los mensajes que habia enviado desaparecen

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Since I noticed that some streamers assume that the same person is behind these accounts, even though they are two different people and these streamers have no evidence of this and block both accounts in the chat, that's what the streamers do reputation-damaging statements.

That's why I would like to have a way to report reputation-damaging behavior regardless of when the comments were made or when the chat was blocked.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I had someone come into chat and use a popular play on words using the words knee, and grow. It is disgusting and should never happen. I get it happening once. But he was able to make over three accounts and keep using the same phrase over and over again. I did everything I can to ban as quick as possible but as a platform you guys HAVE to do better. That is a very common joke I see used in tts all the time. You guys need to ban it. The phrase should be inaccessible. On top of that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When a user that has a chat highlight (Returning Chatter, Suspicious User etc) the message content will be pushed slightly off screen, hidden beneath the "Send a message" box in Mod view. This means that mods have to either manually scroll down the chat to see the message, or wait for another chat message to push it up.

This is particularly an issue if, for example, a suspicious or monitored user says something undesirable that we might miss for longer than we would like to.

It seems that the height of the chat highlight banner is not factored into the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Currently there is a tag for viewing if a user is subscribed or not, but it doesn't provide the context of which tier the user is subscribed at (1,2, or 3). As such, developers have to make an API call either for every message, or concoct a cache system that becomes needlessly complicated.

Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel Bot  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hello!
    i´m a Moderator on a bigger Channel and get Whispers alot. some of them have questions and some of them tend to write annoying stuff. But i just wanna have the feature to just deactivate Whisper for a specific user rather than blocking him, cause as a moderator it would be bad if i block him, so i wouldn´t see stuff hes posting in the chat anymore

Shortly

All users can Whisper to you -> you want to leave your whispers open -> Block specific users only to send you no whispers anymore

hope this is understandable :D

Kind…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I am displeased with the trolls in the chat section of a popular streamer.
    They are characterized by using ASCII art and a barrage of the same words, appearing on multiple lines.
    Therefore, I would like the option to display only the first line of a multi-line statement.
    This option would hopefully minimize the impact of the chat trolls.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Polls should have a toggle to allow viewers to select several options. Currently you can enable additional votes if viewers pay channel points, but this allows voting for the same option repeatedly. There isn't a way to allow votes for multiple different options while still limiting it to one vote per option per viewer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Polls  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?