Chat/Messaging

1. Popout chat in rediffusion

Hey, i'm a french user, and i want to know if my idea is possible
    I want to know if it's possible to create an option for popout chat when we are on redifusion of stream, that is so interesting when someone have two (or more) screen and want see the redif in fullscreen.
    It's basic and not a priority but it's interesting for some viewer, I think
    Sorry, if my Englis is so bad :/
    Thanks for read

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hide emote spam in chat

When watching popular channels, the chat is often a wall of emote spam not saying anything, and any 'actual' chat messages disappear too fast to read. It would be very useful to hide any messages that are just repeated emotes.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Option to hide chat replay

Some people don't mind watching the chat replay. That's fine. But others do not like it. If viewers had the option to hide chat replay like they can during live streams, everyone would be happier. It would also reduce the amount of resources needed to view videos, especially for lower end computers.

There is absolutely no possible downside to adding the ability to disable chat when watching replays.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow broadcasters and moderators to pin important messages in chat

This applies more to the mid to larger streamers but can be useful for the site as a whole I think.

If a person of importance is trying to communicate with the streamer then this would make it much easier for them. You may ask, why not just whisper? Well whispers aren't always suitable for those who have them disabled or for those who don't want to halt their stream to check them. The message may also be urgent so the streamer may not have time to check or may have their hands full.

This feature could also be used…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ban IP address in chat (Feature Request)

hello I am a VIP in a live and I always try to help my friend who is a streamer, but always has a person who creates several accounts for spamming, cursing and other things I would like to know if you can twitch block the ip for him never again do this in no live
    thanks for your attention

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Redesign Twitch Badges

I think the actual badges like Moderator or Twitch prime don't look good compared to badges like the Gift Sub badge, I suggest to redesign the squared badges, we would like material design badges that are not squared, for the moderator badge I would like to see only the sword and not the green squared.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Implement Chat-Per-Minute Option For Streamers

Allow streamers to set the number of comments that are allowed to be posted in their chat channel per minute, implemented through a simple comment queue system.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Anonymous Mod Actions

Hide mod activity from users (eg. which mod banned someone).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow mods to remove a single message

Currently, removing a viewer's message also removes the previous message. Allow the removal of a single message.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Expose ban/timeout count across all channels in mod view

Currently, the mod view of a user exposes bans and timeouts specific to the channel. Expose bans and timeouts across all of Twitch.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Verified Game Dev Badge

It would be nice if companies could add verified dev twitch accounts associated with their games, and if the dev's were in chats of streams playing those games they could get a special game dev badge in chat to show that.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add chat moderation tools to mitigate serial ban evaders

Sometimes the chat experience is impaired by trolls continually and relentlessly creating/using additional alternative accounts to repeatedly circumvent any ban, return to chat, and continue spamming or harassing the channel.

I suggest that Twitch provide an additional set of moderation commands, capabilities, and information in the chat-related APIs and IRC interfaces to assist broadcasters and their channel bots to control abuse in these types of situations.

Some ideas for suggested channel Moderator Commands/Options to Add:

* "Approved" chatters list - A List/Hash table of unlimited size for any users manually approved by a moderator to chat plus a list of…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Users should be able to scroll through the whole chat from a full broadcast.

When we're watching a broadcast, I think it would be a good idea for the whole chat log to be scrollable and not just snippets cut off like every 5 minutes.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. DURBAN SENIOR PHARMACY +27835179056 MORE Advanced@#$ abortion clinic in stanger inanda kwamashu overport Cleland clarendon bellevve

DURBAN SENIOR PHARMACY +27835179056 MORE Advanced@#$ abortion clinic in stanger inanda kwamashu overport Cleland clarendon bellevve

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Chat Notes/Pinned messages

I think it would be a great idea if the streamer or moderators could put a message/note above the chat to notify people. Whether it's temporarily for a minute or left there for the whole day.

Especially with bigger streamers who have a chaotic chat. A note or announcement can quickly be pinned at the top and everyone can quickly click on it and/or read it (a little pin symbol would be fitting I suppose).

Additionally, it can get annoying for streamers to have to answer the same questions over and over again. That's why I think a little note…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. This new feature with entire users chat history is a bit much.

I totally get the reasoning but lets be honest a lot of the humor on twitch is cheeky straddling the line of offensive. Without the context of that channels convo at the time it totally misrepresents the jokes being made when viewed in that history manor. If you dont understand this view then you dont understand comedy and comedy is a massive part of the twitch community. This feature is misrepresenting every ones statements making them seem harsher then they actually are. The art of comedy is to getting people to laugh at things they never thought would be funny…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please implement an option to get rid of chat refresh when scrolling through chat.

Please implement an option to get rid of chat refresh when scrolling through chat. There are times when a link is posted by the streamer, or someone says something interesting that I cannot read and would like to, but chat refreshes every time a new comment is posted. Especially in chats with thousands of people.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. loosen up a little

I'm objecting to the "No Complaining" rule on the Rifftrax chat. What's that about? It's a form of free speech; as long as nobody's promoting dangerous and/or illegal behavior, what's wrong with a little griping? It's a good way to relieve stress.
    Also, could some of the moderators ease up a bit? Honestly, you'd think they'd never heard of sarcasm before.
    I don't mind having rules, it keeps out trolls and other bad types, but come on....

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Recent chat history

As a few channels moderator, if i need to refresh the page i'll loose all the chat messages. It would be great to reload lastest messages at least for mods and channels owners after refreshing

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base