Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

954 results found

1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hello everyone, I'm facing a frustrating situation with debt collectors.

A few months ago, I fell behind on some bills, and soon enough, debt collectors started calling me incessantly. And the calls turned from persistent to downright harassing.

They started calling me multiple times a day, even after I explained my situation and requested a bit of time to get things sorted out. What's worse, they began contacting my friends and family, making false threats about legal action and damaging my reputation.

I stumbled upon a useful article that shed light on the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and how…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The new Tool Tip pop up that has been released site wide breaks all site functionality in Chrome and Firefox whenever a UI element is hovered over. Including emote selection, all chat UI elements, mod tools, channel points, chat identities, or any UI element that has a hover over text pop up effect. Issue can be replicated on multiple systems and multiple browsers. Embedded chat in OBS uses the old tool tips and is unaffected. When the tool tip is active the entire website cannot be scrolled, including chat and main channel pages. When clicking the tool tip, the site…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Streamer can start Q&A session, then viewers can enter their questions for the streamer to answer, then streamer can stop Q&A session and viewers can no longer enter questions into it.
    Viewers can choose if they want to send question anonymously, streamer can choose if to allow anonymous questions or have anonymous only or with names only.
    Sort questions, delete questions, mark questions as answered, mark/pin the question being currently answered/display it on stream, upvote questions by mods/vips/subs/followers (streamer chooses what to allow), set how many questions each viewer is allowed to ask.

Youtube has this feature, can we have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Twitch doesn't support long top level domains.
    Like https://twitch.productions/

Could we please fix this?

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. No se pueden ver mis mensajes en el chat de un streammer, no sé por qué razón, no estoy baneado ni nada, por favor ayúdenme...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hype Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Create a new "Raid message" field as part of the "Edit Stream Info" area. If filled out and saved, activate a new button on the landing page for the raided streamer so that raiders can click it to paste the message into chat and immediately send it with one tap. Include this button for the streamer as well.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow streamer to control what powers moderators have over their stream/chat/bans/unban requests/stream settings etc. After the recent change where banned users are forced to unfollow the channel, moderators have too much power over channels and hold enough power to destroy a channel. I do not feel comfortable modding users after this change, but my chat lacks enough moderation due to this issue.

Hacked mod accounts or vengeful mods have the power to ban all users in a streamer's follower list, thus forcing these followers to unfollow the streamer. Banned users also mean an unfollow. This gives mods extreme power that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. i have an idea that mods have a private chat to easily interact with streamer and much easier to make commands it will be a very good feature to do .

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Los mensajes del chat de twitch solo aparecen visibles a mi, ni al streamer ni a las demas personas del chat y cuando recargo la pagina los mensajes que habia enviado desaparecen

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. add a way for usuer to delete their own message, or add a way for a moderator to delete another moderator message, i accidentally said something that wasnt very good but since i was in the moderation team i couldnt delete my own message and the others mods couldnt do anything plus automod didnt trigger as i was a mod and created chaos in the chanelle so please add a way for us moderator to delete our own message

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Since I noticed that some streamers assume that the same person is behind these accounts, even though they are two different people and these streamers have no evidence of this and block both accounts in the chat, that's what the streamers do reputation-damaging statements.

That's why I would like to have a way to report reputation-damaging behavior regardless of when the comments were made or when the chat was blocked.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. i'm ok with the add's, they make snese for twitch to earn money, its timing always interupt with chat, missing replies, or making replies miss the "sweet spot"

can the ad's happen but don't interupt with the chat, so, the sound of the ad still playing, but not above the streamers soundlevel, so the interaction doesn't break?

we have seen the ads 100th's of times, were okay, it just breaks the interaction, make that less, please, were ok with seeing it..but **** it breaks interaction if it cuts off sound compleetly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I had someone come into chat and use a popular play on words using the words knee, and grow. It is disgusting and should never happen. I get it happening once. But he was able to make over three accounts and keep using the same phrase over and over again. I did everything I can to ban as quick as possible but as a platform you guys HAVE to do better. That is a very common joke I see used in tts all the time. You guys need to ban it. The phrase should be inaccessible. On top of that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When a user that has a chat highlight (Returning Chatter, Suspicious User etc) the message content will be pushed slightly off screen, hidden beneath the "Send a message" box in Mod view. This means that mods have to either manually scroll down the chat to see the message, or wait for another chat message to push it up.

This is particularly an issue if, for example, a suspicious or monitored user says something undesirable that we might miss for longer than we would like to.

It seems that the height of the chat highlight banner is not factored into the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently there is a tag for viewing if a user is subscribed or not, but it doesn't provide the context of which tier the user is subscribed at (1,2, or 3). As such, developers have to make an API call either for every message, or concoct a cache system that becomes needlessly complicated.

Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Channel Bot  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hello!
    i´m a Moderator on a bigger Channel and get Whispers alot. some of them have questions and some of them tend to write annoying stuff. But i just wanna have the feature to just deactivate Whisper for a specific user rather than blocking him, cause as a moderator it would be bad if i block him, so i wouldn´t see stuff hes posting in the chat anymore

Shortly

All users can Whisper to you -> you want to leave your whispers open -> Block specific users only to send you no whispers anymore

hope this is understandable :D

Kind…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I am displeased with the trolls in the chat section of a popular streamer.
    They are characterized by using ASCII art and a barrage of the same words, appearing on multiple lines.
    Therefore, I would like the option to display only the first line of a multi-line statement.
    This option would hopefully minimize the impact of the chat trolls.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Polls should have a toggle to allow viewers to select several options. Currently you can enable additional votes if viewers pay channel points, but this allows voting for the same option repeatedly. There isn't a way to allow votes for multiple different options while still limiting it to one vote per option per viewer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Polls  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Que vector sea más sociable con su comunidad o que cuente cosas de su pasado o que hable con el chat

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?