Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

555 results found

1. If a viewer breaks a rule 3 (or some set amount of) times in chat, Automod should then go ahead and ban the user permanently for the streamer.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  2. Twitch should allow mods and streamers to repop up the chat Rules for certain user to remind them if they didn't respect it.

165 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  3. If a username is shown on twitch then it should be allowed in a poll without tripping the content feature. I often run fun competitions with my viewers where the results can be determined by a poll.

Unfortunately some of my viewers' usernames are not permitted in polls, even though they can chat freely in chat without censorship.

I don't want to add the 18+/Mature tag to these streams to allow a poll to happen and to have to change a username for a poll, while it can work, is both inelegant and makes the polling API almost useless.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. the option to "/marker [notes]" is only for editors, however sometimes the Mods would like to just drop a marker for the streamer or for the editors to go back to as a good point of ref for them.

For an example; "Start highlight here, end here"

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  5. Inserire la possibilità di vedere il nome degli altri account collegati alla medesima email. Questo potrebbe aiutare nel caso venissero usati account diversi per eludere un ban.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hi,

I had today a bug that my text wasn't allowed due "Your message wasn't posted due to conflicts with the channel's moderation settings."
    The mods and streamer didn't saw my message, even in the chat with a mod my text was blocked ... (also not in there mod messages)

My two texts that were blocked are:

• du willst ja Freitag vieleicht ein IRL Stream machen, Alina sagte gerade dass Bobi sein Kleidprobetag am Freitag wäre matta9Silly

• wenn du für Alina was malst, würde ich nicht das Buschi mit dem Herz machen, da sie schon von jemanden diese Zeichnung bekam…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add a prompt that pops up after a mod bans or times out a chatter. The mod notes in the user card are great but often my team forgets to add them since it's a bunch of extra navigating. Pop in a "why?" when it happens and that would be helpful (also perhaps an option for the message to be sent to the modded chatter??)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. While setting up my "permitted terms and phrases" I didn't click "private" when saving and my private information was sitting in the mod action panel with no way (or advice) to fix it. I wish there was a way I could have cleared that one specific action so none of my mods could see the private information I was trying to block.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  9. Inserts a feature which allows the streamer or other moderators to add trusted members of the community to be a moderator when a channel becomes busier than usual or no moderators are actively in chat. This would allow the streamer to further concentrate on their business, whilst not having to worry about a potential moderator overload when the channel is not busy (eg 8 mods to 5 viewers)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  10. Save/add unban request messages as part of the user's records. This promotes consistent moderation and transparency for streamer and moderators, especially when responsibilities are disseminated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  11. A few days I came across a creator who has his moderator in a group with other live moderators, they play on the same server as GTA V. If someone does something bad in the chat of some live, they are banned in all of them like others.

My idea is the following: The permanent ban is not ideal for us to be making the person to have a good attitude again. Create a "prison" mode for people who made mistakes to have a chance to return to chat normally.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. For quite some time, I've been a mod of a channel that has been receiving harassment from people, they arrive with fake accounts (wich nicknames are obviously written to disturb the chat) and follow the channel for their name to be noticed, and it's no use to ban these accounts if they keep coming with new fresh-made fake/bot accounts.

If they are banned they can keep watching the stream and follow the channel which is kind of useless. A way to prevent these people to return needs to be worked.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  13. When automod was updated the term Noob was added in as a derogatory term. Unfortunately that's a part of my name so for a long time whenever someone used the term Noob with a different word before or after it, it would get flagged by automod and one of my moderators or myself would have to manually allow the message through. This is also a problem when I'm in my friend's streams if they haven't added that specific phrase to their "safe words" list.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Certain channel-specific actions and stats are shown in Stream Manager and not Mod View which could be helpful to consolidate down to one location. Adding the option to see a live Viewer Count and Follower Count for instance such as in Stream Manager mode or having channel Quick Actions be brought over to Mod View for editors could save a lot of frustration when switching between the tabs to run ad breaks or organize raids at the end of stream.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When Automod has moderated a word - and the item is at the bottom of chat - clicking on the "****" will bring up a popup menu that is incomplete and will not let you see the rest of the message to determine if you would like to allow the blocked text.

I should not have to wait for 5-6 more people to send messages to be able to review whether I want to see a specific blocked word - I should be able to make a judgement with it as the latest message.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. If some editor, broadcaster or bot changes title and/or game, it is not updated in Moderator Panel. You always need an F5. Also if updated offline (when broadcaster prepares the stream and you have the Panel opened before it starts).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A widget in the modview to see all timeouts that are currently active in the channel you are moderating, so you can keep an eye out for timeouts that are about to run out.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. There should be the ability for broadcasters to edit moderation history. Private blocked terms should not be visible to mods once the broadcaster unblocks them and there should be a way to delete or edit previous logs in mod history for the security and safety of the streamer. I have seen many other streamers with this problem who are now afraid to take on new mods because of the access they could potentially have to private information.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I've changed all if the allowed word and moderator settings but still cannot add that I am a ****** cancer survivor. I can write boobie cancer or b r e a s t cancer and I find this incredibly offensive, ridiculous, and frustrating

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I sometimes accidentally delete the wrong message through the mod icon when the chat scrolls up one message right before I click. I think stopping the chat for a mod when he hovers a mod icon for a specific message would improve the modding experience.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?