Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

560 results found

1. Add a toggle switch for phone verification to Mod View to allow mods to turn it on and off mid stream - especially when new raids come in. Similar to Followers only mode or Sub only mode
    Finding that with Phone Verification turned on, less people are chatting when legit raids come through. But we don't want to turn it off in case there are hate raids.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  2. Right now it is very tedious to have to only be able to add one word at a time if you're adding blocked words to your channel. I think it would be better if we could add 5 or 10 words at a time, separated by commas or or semicolons. This would make it less of a hassle for streamers to add banned words, especially if we have a long list of words we want to add.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  3. Twitch should not moderate the word "game" and its inflected forms in the Live Notifications interface. A gaming streaming service provider bans the Hungarian equivalent of the word Gamenig

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  4. I believe that Twitch should add REGEX support for Automod "Blocked words and phrases". This would be a very helpful feature for chat moderation since a lot of users can easily get past the blocked term by intentionally misspelling a word. This would also allow streamers to enforce English only characters in chat. I'm aware that twitch allows using the "*" wildcard but in many instances this is simply not enough.

179 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It would be nice to get some examples of what will be removed for each filter level, on each filter topic. The info given at the "learn more" page is rather vague, and as someone who's now been given 8 filter topics instead of 4, I'd like to see some clearer info on what each filter level actually does now that the topics are a lot more specific.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  7. Currently the only possibility for managing links is to disable them all together. This replaces them with '***' in chat for everyone but the sender. Add an alternative to make AutoModerator hold all links for review instead so mods can allow them on a case to case basis. If no mod is there the result would be the same, no links in chat.

518 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  8. I was just in a friends stream chatting, my boyfriend was in the mutual friend's stream. I helped the friend with a puzzle and said "i bet {enter boyfriend's name} wants to kiss me after that big brain play" and auto mod had to verify my chat. I later was talking to my friend about Nazis and Hitler and auto mod was silent. There are often times where i talk about being gay, and the word gay is hit by auto mod. Starting to feel that the auto mod database has a homophobic bias to it. please look into this…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Many streamers have added personal information as a blocked term, and have since removed it. All this private information is shown to all of their moderators. Hence allowing every moderator to know more than they should. Yes there is a way to make a blocked term private, but deleting these terms still shows the blocked terms to all moderators, new and old.

There should be a way for the streamer to hide these actions from the moderators, or have a way to delete them. If people don't want the action to be seen as if it didn't happen, then allow…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Would be super helpful to have an ad-break widget in mod view (for channel editors) as I currently have to switch between stream manager (for ads) and mod view (for cleaner/more accessible UI).

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  11. When switching into Moderator View to handle a problematic viewer is about the worst time to be forced into an ad roll - you lose all ability to assess how the streamer is responding.

I am fine with pre-rolls on channels I moderate. I'm even fine with pre-rolls if I go straight into mod view, but if I am being redirected from Channel X into Mod View for Channel X, pre-roll ads should be disabled - this is purely for a functional reason (and frankly chances are I've already been served a pre-roll so this shouldn't impact revenue).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Élő értesítések: (43)

"FÉK" NAP! 🤘 FŐZŐS STREAM HOLNAP! 🤘 !sr !search 🤘 Lehet zenét kérni! 🤘 #requests (ENG/HUN/GER)

Why is this text moderated?!?!?!??!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!

"Ez a szöveg ütközhet a Twitch moderációs irányelveivel."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Since the mod view is generally a small player it would be nice to add a panel style extension to the mod view which can be dragged and dropped on to the mod view.

This would allow mods to use third party tools without having to open another browser tab. They can stay focused on chat and moderating without switching back and forth.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. With the Creator dashboard having mutiple Layouts I would like to see the Mod view also have mutiple viewsLayouts. I mod for three or four channels and each one is different which panels I use. Some channel use automod other dont. Some are not affilate so there no point have the prediction window open.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Moderators sometimes manage game lobby links or somilar for their streamers. As such the links may get copied to the clipboard easily. If there are procedures in place to greet users or similar, then it might happen that moderators accidentally post sensitive information into the chat.
    Also, a rogue moderator may abuse their rights or post unwelcome messages.

Thus, moderators should have the option to delete their own and other moderators' messages.

184 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  16. When a streamer is suspended, screenshots should be included of the violation. Streamers are bound to repeat the issue if the issue is not made clear.

Multiple staff members should see the reports before a ban is decided upon. These moderators would work separately, without the influence of one another, to decide if the ban should occur or not. If both moderators do not hit 'yes' to the ban then the ban should not occur.

An example, my latest ban happened while a Twitch Staff member was in my chat. This member did not see anything against TOS and was…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  17. Tonight we found out that with Automod turned off the word "classroom" is being banned from chat. I have even added the word to the automod whitelist/permitted terms and it still banned. Come on twitch. If a streamer wishes to turn off Automod that is their choice. There should not be a hidden banned list of words.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Now that they are using bot accounts to spam the same message in a channel (and most of them are disgusting messages) it should be correct to add a ON/OFF button in "Moderator Panel > Chat Actions" so we are able to easily activate the unique mode in chat, so the spam will have less impact in the chat. We know we have the command, but a button is always easier, and most of moderators don't know all chat commands.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I want to use the name of a game in the stream title but the dashboard won't let me. For whatever reason "Kula" World, a properly existing videogame, is not allowed in the title (same for the notifications). Great, so I cannot let people (most of all, my followers) know I'm playing that game.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?