Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

560 results found

1. Make rule sets of automod strictness, whereas each set is applied to a type of viewer determined by streamer. For example:
    - Followed less than a week ago: Very strict.
    - Followed more than 6 months ago: Less strict.
    - Subscribed for 5 years straight and <2 timeouts: No auto-moderation.

The main problem with a universal automod rule set (i.e. current automod, as of Dec 2021) is that when a flaggable word is used with amicable intent by a loyal viewer and then manually permitted by a mod, the same permitted word can now be used maliciously by bots and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  2. Sometimes you need to ban someone quickly to removed them from chat (say spammers) and you don't have time to add a banned message.

A popup or similar mechanic that will allow you to easily add a reason after removing the person from chat would be helpful when dealing with unban request or repeat offender after getting unbanned.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  3. It would be nice to be able to see a redemption history for each channel point redemption, as there are certain channels that only want people to redeem certain rewards once, and a history can be a way to check if a user has redeemed it before. (also add the ability to clear the history per reward)

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  4. can you make a program that beebs all the forbidden words races slurs it hard to anticipate what people will say in game chats and i don't like having to delete vids because someone says something that is against the rules could they work on something to make it easier for us streamers

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. With the mod icons it's far too easy to hit the wrong user as chat scrolls. For deleted messages and timeouts this is a pain, but for bans it pretty much boots the user, so there should be a confirmation prompt.

Other ban methods aren't as prone to going wrong so don't need a prompt.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  6. Along the lines of the new restricted user function, a good tool for creators and channel moderators would be the ability to see users who have current bans in channels you may care about.

I.E. Similar to the autohost function, you could set a list of channels where you want to maintain similar moderation standards (this would be useful for communities such as NoPixel, content creator houses, and streamer friends, etc.). So Person A could put Friend B and Friend C's channels on their channel's automod list. Banned User 1, after being banned in Friend B and C's channels, decides…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please add a tooltip to popup to show the name of the Category when hovering the mouse over the Category image in Mod View.

The name of the Category can popup on the mouse in the same way the tooltips popup when hovering over the docked widgets.

The Category image is small and sometimes it is not always noticeable what the game is by looking at the small picture.

Currently you need to click to open the category page or look at the URL destination in the browser to confirm the name of the Category when hovering over the Category…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  8. Add channel point completion/refunds to the activity feed.

Occasionally a new or not paying attention mod may complete/complete all/refund/refund all without realising that was the wrong action or the redemption has not been completed.

This allows the moderator to go back in the queue and let the broadcaster know what was completed by accident etc.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  9. My name in twitch has been fine for years but a newly added term has been added that makes my name offensive according to your system. This has some unintended consequences, such as stopping people using mentions directed at me or using my emotes. I recall an old server in a game I played having banned variations of "****" in chat, thus "ridiculous" ended us being banned. If a legitimate word contains a banned word, should the legitimate word be banned too? Obviously not.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  10. There are a host of problems on Twitch and I feel as though this idea could be a solution to some of the bigger ones.

I suggest giving streamers the option to only allow accounts with 2fa to access their channel. Make it an option for the individual streamer and make it toggleable.

In order for this to work, Twitch must do more than just “not allow the user to use chat.” Twitch needs to stop them from accessing the streamer’s channel all together. The same needs to be done for users who are banned/blocked but that is a whole…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The problem behind unban requests is, that you only have one chance. It could be useful if a request gets denied, the person can request another unban like a year after the request got denied. Requesting an unban after a year would show that the user is still interested in participating in this chat.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow mods to see if and where users are banned in other channels. This is would be applicable if a user is using a streamers emotes in another channel and being toxic while they are banned in the chat where they are using the emotes from.
    This would make the streamer whose emotes they are using look bad/make the community look bad meanwhile they could be banned in the community they are using the emotes from.
    This could be shown when a moderator opens a users card.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Like the pencil that editors have for editing the title in moderator view, I am suggesting that the new verification systems that are now only available in the editor dashboard also be made available as a new widget or added to the "Channel Actions" widget for editors who use mod view.

I would also like to see some slash commands to enable or disable them. Perhaps with whatever we preset the settings to.

/phoneon /phoneoff
    /emailon /phoneoff

When used, it could enable those verification systems with the settings we had previously saved.

This would give us the ability to use…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. For example, color marker on nickname to mark toxic user in chat, small note on hover, or coloring friends messages in chat. I've been active twitch user for over 7 years. Now I am moderating a lot of twitch channels. Sometimes there are toxic people, that provoke to get banned, looking for reason to act even more toxic. Would be great to have an ability to mark different users in chat, so you dont need to check message history or remember nicknames to note peoples behaviour

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Automod could be used to filter links on chat so the mods and streamer could allow or deny instead of using bots to timeout everyone who send links having to ask !permit before they can send links

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  16. When "/user" lookup we can have Messages, Timeouts, Bans, Mod Comments,

It would be helpful to see the other places that potential chatter has been banned in other places to warn the other mods of a potential risk.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  17. When you click on a users chat logs, then click off and the user has sent messages later in the stream then the chat logs won't update. Its a big pain when you look at the logs of a user and need to look at them again in an hour or so but the logs haven't updated and you need to refresh your chat window.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  18. Make the list of banned users visible to all moderators and not just the streamer

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  19. I see how the unban request option can be helpful, especially in the situation of accidental bans/misunderstandings, but many bans that are carried out are intentional and for outright hateful behavior, and the unban requests associated with those are usually filled with more hateful speech that mods and streamers shouldn't be exposed to.
    It would be very helpful to have an option when banning to say "this was intentional and we don't need any further contact with this user"

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the request. This was actually our first idea too, but it’s been difficult to think of a way to do it without making the Ban flow too complicated, especially for Mods who are currently using the Mod Action buttons next to messages to Ban.

20. A few words can be used for good or bad in many different contexts. When we get a message on a good context and we allow the message, we are adding the word on the permitList which can be dangerous if used on a wrong scenario.

Example: ***.
    Good scenario: My sleep schedule is *
    ** right now.
    Bad Scenario: This streamer is ******.

If the good message comes first and then the bad message, the second message will not be blocked by automod.

Idea: having a third option, other than accept and deny message, on automod to allow…

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?