Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

561 results found

1. Currently "Blocked terms and phrases" section of AutoMod settings in production works significantly different from its specification documented here: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/how-to-manage-harassment-in-chat?language=en_US#UsetheChannelBannedTermssFilter and here: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/how-to-use-automod#BlockedandPermitted
    Adding "apple banana" to blocked phrases currently will NOT block in chat phrases like "apple and banana" and "banana apple" making it essentially useless for blocking PHRASES, so currently only TERMS blocking is operational. Adding "apple * banana" will block "apple and banana" but will allow "apple and the banana". This functionality was previously working as documented and was altered around 7 months ago. Please either update documentation to reflect that blocking phases is no longer possible…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  2. Twitch removes my name from banned words :(

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  3. It's kind of crazy that this is even allowed to be used. It's used by the Dutch audience when there is Dutch content or a Dutch sounding person on stream.

I get that they want to be like PogU a Dutch person but using "Gekoloniseerd" is not the appropriate way of doing it. Colonization has deep rooted history in ***** trade and the repression/massacre of native people.

I would like to see Twitch put in changes to prevent this from being used.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hi there,

As an IRL fishing streamer - The word S***o is a very common nickname used for Samson fish that I catch (Please just Google Samson Fish nickname, I don't wish to get into trouble). You will find that 99/100 Australians will call it this nickname, probably me being the only 1 who will now only refer to it as Samson. It is going to be very difficult to avoid audio capturing of someone using the nickname for this fish live on my streams, when I engage with random people in public.

This only just came to light recently…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. On a Hungarian language for channel points and predictions some words are restricted and handled as it would be a swear word in English.

"Vagy" means in Hungarian "or" or "be". I wrote this words in Hungarian:

"Ha új vagy". Means if you are new.

But I can not create this reward as I get this error message: "*This is not compliant with our content guidelines."

Tell me what guidelines is against the Hungarian word "vagy"?

And there are more words which is moderated!

Please remove automatic moderation on this tools ASAP! We can not create proper content for our…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  6. As both a streamer and a mod for many channels, I would love the ability to expand the filtering of "Users in Chat" beyond just searching by name.

I'd like to example filter by Account Age (to help find bot accounts or trolls), filter by length of time following a channel, filter by subscriber tier, etc.

This would be very very useful, especially when trying to find suspicious accounts, ban evaders, bots, etc, for larger channels that have endless lists of viewers.

Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  7. o nome do emote gera conflitos com as configurações de alguns canais, pois o streamer bloqueia a palavra "gay" para evitar ofensas mas acaba banindo o emote por consequência

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. mods should have a bell that they can ring it so the streamer can hear it to read chat if the mods want to tell the streamer something important, like if the streamer is muted or the cam not working.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  9. I am suggesting an idea which would utilize having set up 2FA using a phone number to count for chat verification as well.
    I was in a raid but when I got to the destination streamer I couldn't send messages in the chat even though I had followed that channel. I got a message saying that I couldn't chat because my account wasn't verified. I clicked on the little info icon, and it explained it and I was able to get into chat fine.
    I was confused though, because I have had my Twitch account set up with 2FA using…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sometimes streamers just want to "restart" their career. Clear Mod Actions history for him and his mods is a good way to forget old people that got banned, or doesn't want their mods to see the old bans and other actions that can be unconfortable for them.

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  11. Trolls use stream points to highlight their offensive messages. When a moderator bans them, their regular posts are deleted while the highlighted messages remain visible. The highlighted messages should be deleted as well.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  12. I help manage various Twitch streamers ( https://i.imgur.com/b0XlJ4h.png ). The suggestion is necessary as the reason given is vague to the point of not possibly identifiable. The timestamp given ( https://i.imgur.com/17kt1sC.png ) is the start of a 9 hour stream, not a point during it, so the possible examples given;
    - Slur based on ethnicity ( they're both white )
    - Asserting mentally inferiority due to gender ( they're both trans-women )
    - Claiming that another person s a danger to society because of their religion ( possible religious affiliations never came up )

I, the content creator, and the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  13. Currently in Mod View, we can see the Users In Chat list under Channel Tools. If I want to inspect an individual User Card, I either filter or scroll down to their name, and I can click on it to pop up the User Card on top of the viewer list. From here I have the option to pop out the User Card to a separate window, but this resets the Users In Chat list to unfiltered and scrolled to the top. If I just close the User Card rather than popping it out, this also resets the Users In…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  14. There is already a suggestion to ban the word r*tard. I'd like to expand on that suggestion, however. Thinking objectively, there are many words and phrases that are technically against TOS for the same reason, yet they are still commonly used.

I am NOT insisting that all these words and phrases be barred from use. I am saying their regulation should be considered. Either that or their use should be explicitly permitted in TOS. The current situation does nothing to protect the streamers who could, at Twitch's discretion, be punished for using these words and it does nothing to protect…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  15. Add the chat identity options to moderator view like they appear in regular chat. It is frustrating if our badges get reset that we have to go back to regular viewer to change them. If they were added to the left of the chat box like they are for normal viewers, it would be perfect.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  16. Make the automod automatically remove slurs and references to nazis. Why the **** is this not a feature already? why do I have to go out of my way to do this myself?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Although we enter notes with the new unban system for deny or approve, these aren't shown in the Bans or Mod Comments in the User Card - please have these shown here as well for good record keeping. Additionally, including when a request was submitted and who approved/denied it would be useful, it is only shown in Mod Actions at this time.

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  18. Twitch has launched new Auto-Mod settings, and included Misogyny, while failing to include a category for Misandry.

Misandry is defined as; dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against men (i.e. the male ***).

This description is perfect for the failures of Twitch in recognising the hourly verbal abuse and violence that men experience on their platform.

It is worse that this violence against men is completely ignored by Twitch, and Twitch allows it to happen.

I believe Twitch's behaviour is illegal, as they are discriminating against all men based on their gender.

What will Twitch do to remedy this…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  19. Make users use bits to send unban request, and giving the streamer the option to select the custom amount of bits.

So even if the streamer denies the appeal, they still keep the bits.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Right now i can't chat on any twitch cause its asking for me to enter a mobile number. and despite my repeated attempts at getting SOMEONE to disable this stupid targeting on my accounts, nobody is listening. And no I'm not giving my mobile number. u have my verified email and i shouldn't be scrutinized to enter a mobile number. If you need mobile numbers on my account then i'm not using twitch period. and unsubbing from everything and moving to another platform. the fact you single me out for using twitch-tools.de and a vpn shows you don't care about…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?