Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

555 results found

1. It would be very useful if mod logs showed timeout and banned messages under the 'bans' and 'timeouts' tabs so mods don't have to scroll forever though their messages trying to find why a user had a past ban or timeout. Since mods can't put a reason why someone is banned or timed out for every user they moderate. Especially in a high traffic stream.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  UserCard  ·  Admin →
  2. Your letting mods decide **** is not the way to go. Don't let them have the power unless 10k more of viewers

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  3. Save mod settings to our account instead of using cookies so we may clean our browsers history daily for security proposes with out having to rearrange mod view every time we visit a channel we mod or daily per channel in this case. Thx.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  4. After a certain amount of time (seems random at this point), certain heavily used emotes will disappear out of the channel emotes section.

The only way I know how to fix it is to refresh the entire page. Obviously being a mod I could miss bad actors, so I end up duplicating the tab to be safe.

I know this bug affects other moderators as well, so it isn't just limited to my system.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  5. As title says, on a large 4k monitor the default font size can be just a little bit too small. Having the same options as chat font scaling would fix this issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. So I will break this into 3 parts. What it is, How it will work, and why I think it's needed. (first and 3rd part may overlap.)

My idea is to create a Channel Admin role for content creators at the affiliate and partner level. This role would have a golden sword (opposed to the green sword that regular moderators have) and would be able to remove/add people from moderator for the respective channel they are a channel admin for.

How this will work: Starting first, how it will be set up (in my head.) All affiliates are allowed 1…

163 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When adding a banned term, it would be amazing to be able to create subterms for that umbrella term. For example, if the word **** is banned, ****, sh!t, sh1t, and a variety of other spellings are still allowed.

Instead of having to create a new term for each of these spellings, it would be amazing to make a "****" category, where all of the spellings can be added with a drop down menu.

Another extension of this idea would be adding a toggle for banned words so that you can temporarily disable or enable a word (and it's variants…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  8. When there are multiple mods on a channel and some of them attempt to timeout the same person via the user profile info box at the same time, what tends to happen is the mods will timeout the user and untimeout them immediately after. When the user is in timeout, the untimeout button appears exactly where the "10s" "1m" "10m" "30m" timeout buttons used to be. It would be very helpful if the untimeout button did not appear where the timeout buttons used to be. Maybe even add a 1-2 second delay on how fast someone can time the same…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  9. Hello

Is there and option to show us which word is the trouble word during creation of poll or predictions ?

I am moderator on few non-english streams and I am pretty often getting an error during creation of polls or predictions that some word in it is not in compliance with twitch and I have no idea which word it is as they are mostly commonly used words in other language.

So my question is there an option to show us which word is the wrong one so we can quickly change it and not spend 5-10 minutes trying…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. In the moderator view, when clicking on a user as moderator, it will show how many times the user got banned on different channels. This will prevent trolling and will make the job easier for moderators.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  11. It would be fantastic to get some additional controls for the Unban Request system including:
    -Timeouts (x submissions in x time - to override the 1 max by the system)
    -Minimum ban time to submit ban appeal (if we just banned them we should be able to avoid them submitting a request a minute later - they'll use their one unban request up by doing this)
    -Enable/Disable
    -Ability to add notes/instructions for users

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. so when I got ban form the channel and after few days later it doesn’t said who check ban request by one of the mod so I have to end up re type the unban request again

I want to know if the dev team can able to make that tell a person of mod that check my unban request from that channel so I want to make sure it wasn’t a streamer that check the ban request because I can’t tell who check that unban request message was it the mods or was it the streamer

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Looking that most of the times can happen that arrives foreign spect, setting a main language of the channel(for example italian), the mod view could be integrated the chance to translate the message, example english, chinese, japanese, russian or others ensure that to delete offensive messages received.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make it possible to watch "Log" - "Chat history" by the channel moderator to find out who, what, when wrote in the chat in a certain situation. Also so that you can download this file in .txt format or any other format convenient for you

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. What I mean by that? Multiple times my messages got caught by Automod without making any sense! There were no offensive words, no spoilers, nothing that would NEED Automod to act. And by the time a moderator MANUALLY approved the message, it broke the context of the chat. BADLY.

So here's how: if someone sends a message hat gets automodded, have it be hidden in a manner similar to deleted messages, but also allowing people to (at their own risk) clicking to see the message until a mod approves it. And once the mod approves, the message is shown as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hi there! Recently with TLOU2 trolling being a huge issue on Twitch, many troll accounts are spamming channel point redeems with trolly usernames in order to avoid having their messages deleted and getting themselves timed out immediately as you would be able to with normal chat messages. Someone could for example say something offensive using the "highlight my message" redeemable and mods would not be able to act as fast. The shortcut buttons for ban, timeout and delete should also be available next to channel point redeems so action can be taken faster if the user's username or message is…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. La opción de que los mods del canal puedan hacer clips, ya que la mayoría de los streamers deshabilitaron la opción de hacer clips para prevenir el DMCA pero hay momentos graciosos o importantes donde no hace falta un clip, y no que el streamer lo haga y pierda el tiempo haciéndolo, seria muy útil que habilitaran esa funcion :D

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  18. Adding the last message sent before a timeout to the mod view similar to the deleted message. Lets mods see what was said and how to handle future timeouts should that individual repeat the actions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I moderate two twitch channels while I play along side the streamers that I moderate for and the community that I moderate. I use my android tablet to keep twitch chat open so I don't have to stop being a moderator while I'm full screen in game (I only have one monitor). It would be a massive help if there was a way to have the chat fill up the whole screen on my tablet instead of just a small portion, maybe with full mod mode features if possible.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Grant moderators permission to use all emotes even if they are not subbed or only have a tier 1 sub.

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?