Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

95 results found

1. Bot's and fake viewer's/People in My Live Stream it needs to stop I am very sick of it for when I see 1 or 2 viewer's I will be so fast to say this" Hi to my 1 or 2 or how ever many (ect). Plus I will also say and always ask" How are you and How is your lovey day going today." (The reason I am very mad about this that when I say and ask my viewer's IN MY STREAM NOTHING IS SAID OR ANYTHING BECAUSE IN MY LIVE STREAM BIO I HAVE IT WHERE IT SAYS…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Recently I was botted with 4.4k bots following my account. Now, I have a new idea to have a follower cap set by the creator, or a setting to require the creator or a moderator to allow you to follow.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. There is a known issue on twitch with spam bots. It's very hard to fight them because it's impossible to just add some key words into filter because they generate those words out of different symbols that look the same as original symbol. My idea is to create a neural network AI that will be trained to ban such messages. Moderators will have ability to turn the AI on\off and control the timeout\ban amount of seconds

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Chat bots are intended for a channel owner to engage and moderate THEIR chat and channel. It is inappropriate, unwelcome, and absolutely NOT HARMLESS. You would NEVER in your right mind allow some stranger (or their spy cam and mic) to lurk unwelcome in your home.

Chatbots should not have the same account-like status as real people. They should be restricted to their owner's channel and chat completely via implementation. They should not be permitted to roam freely.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have been thinking about an easy way to ban multiple banned users on multiple channels. I am thinking especially of names that violate the guidelines or are known to be bot accounts. Especially with regard to followbot and chatbot attacks.
    A Simple Txt-file that you can export and import would be enough.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There are people on Twitch, who have a program that allows bot spamming in chats. They buy accounts somewhere in the form of login:oauth:token and connect them to their program.
    They used to spam ads to promote themselves, now they do that to create conflicts between streamers or just to mess with streamers.

It is possible to get an Oauth:token through the Twitch API request, using apps verified by Twitch.
    If I understood correctly from the developer's words, Twitch can get info about a token that sent the message.

My way of dealing with people that spam is (или я…

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. La noche del 17 de enero, mientras estaba retransmitiendo, sufrí un spam de followers, haciendo imposible la retransmisión debido al constante sonido de las notificaciones, luego continuo el spam en el chat, lo que me obligo a desactivar las notificaciones y activar el chat solo para subscriptores.

Me gustaría saber si twitch cuenta con alguna protección para estos casos de acoso, y si se podria revisar mi canal y eliminar todas las cuentas falsas(unas 900 cuentas) que desde anoche han aumentado el numero de seguidores ilegales en mi canal.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. There has been much talk on the r/Twitch reddit regarding the large amount of mass join bots. These bots, although they haven't broken a rule, are quite annoying to many people. Especially the ones that randomly follow/unfollow during a stream just trying to get attention.

I believe many people would really appreciate some sort of a feature like /hide NAME that will remove the username from the chatter list and possibly block them from following. If it is indeed a bot there is no harm done.

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. For months upon months now I have been facing an issue with an increasing number of bots engaging in View Botting, Host Botting, and follow for follow economies, as well as a startling amount of Analytic Data gathering. It's absolutely disgusting that some of these bot channels are allowed to affiliate, and in one or two extreme cases (Hello, Commanderroot.) even are partners. It's frankly horrifying to me to see the analytic ones allowed to exist specifically.

We need an ability to remove these things from our channel completely. Banning a bot doesn't do anything if it's still allowed to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Dear Twitch,

We are now dealing with a new threat of bot accounts. These accounts sit lurking in channel, possibly logging info of either streamers or chatters. They may be using this info for giveaway sniping, or possible future bot attacks, including viewer bots, follower bots, and even spam bots. They sit there and do nothing, they follow us to other streams we host/raid. We ban them, not like they ever say anything, but to prevent them from spreading, we need a way to KICK THEM OFF THE CHANNEL.

Recently had a run in with "Opentwitchbot" whom acknowledges that they…

1,037 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

189 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, I know that this is a very late response, but we’re hoping to find time to address this issue later this year. There are a few steps we’ll have to take to solve this problem in a way that will work for all streamers, but we understand the severity of the issue.

11. Over the last few years there have been more and more of these fake viewers popping into my streams that just sit there and do nothing, they're bots, they don't chat they don't follow they don't do anything but take up space and make it harder to see where my real viewers are. Its tiring and frustrating to know these bots even exist, I want them gone!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Dear Twitch Staff,
    I know my opinion is just a shoot in the abyss and nobody will ever read it. Despite this, I am going to make a small attempt.

I decided to write this, because I witnessed how a single user with a fake account can force to "expel" my viewers. It was not a regular troll, because he harassed not only the broadcaster (me), but also the normal users in the chat. In addition, he followed me, so he will receive information when exactly I will start a stream. I saw pointless to ban him (even if I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add flag & visual identification for accounts used by bots, via the registration proces.
    Auto exclude these accounts from getting fe. gifted subs. Add option to remove bots from chat.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I have an issue with bots in my chat. I don't need to see them listed alongside real users. What I ask for, is that you can right click them and "label as bot". Putting them into a different kind of 'listing' on the 'see who is in your chat' popup. This does not mean you kick them, or ban them or etc... it just means that "you" can see whether they are bots or real users. Or any User on your channel when opening up the list of viewers, can see that they are at the bottom, listed under…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It's too easy to create an account so once a user reports a bot account the staff bans them, they get a new IP and are ready to go again.

If you implement a shadowbanning system where their messages appear in chat but not to other users then that means that staff only have to ban the user once as they will not make a new account. It would be like a global ignore feature except the person being banned will not know that they have been ignored by every user. This would make the staffs job so much easier…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?