Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

94 results found

1. After suffering from bot attacks for 3 months, I ended up having two ideas that could solve everyone's problem regarding bots.

One of them would be to create a "Follow Lock" system that consists of not leaving accounts that were created in X time (Decided by the Streamer/Mod) cannot follow the channel since most Bot Follows are around the same Day and Month.

And the other way would be a system that when the person gives the Follow they would have to go through manual approval done by the Streamer/Mod so they can simply accept who can or cannot follow…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Have a option where followers have to verify their account through email/phone, to put a limit/ halt on bot accounts created, ive gotten over 200+ bot follows in the last 3 hrs and since im just starting my account, i dont want it to be flagged or banned for something that i cant stop.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. con quien me debo contactar ultimamente me caen follows de bots a mi cuenta y no quiero tener problema por algo que es ajeno a mi

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hesabıma benim bilgim dışında takipci bot u basılmış durumda buna nasıl engel olacagım ve ne yapacagım bilmiyorum

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hola que tal, lo que sucede es que he recibido un "ataque" de bots que me han dado muchos "Follows" vi que a varios colegas les pasaba por lo mismo, estaria bien que terminaran con eso, ya que, es muy molesto tener que desactivar las alertas y no poder agradecer follows reales y de mas, es muy incomodo y afecta a practicamente todos (se que twitch hace limpieza de lo mismo cada cierto tiempo) pero soy un streamer nuevo y queria comentarlo

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. On 5.12.2023, a follower bot was sent to my account while I was broadcasting. Accounts that have previously been botted should not be able to access my account.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The current wave of harassment bots mass generate accounts seconds before they follow, typically making accounts and following sequentially so that their usernames read out as a torrent of abuse.
    It is clear that automation is used to create these accounts and command them to follow. It should not be possible to create accounts with automation.
    Therefore do the following things:
    Implement recapture or other real human authentication method for account creation.
    IP block for account creation on the same IP within an hour.
    Introduce a feature to Shield Mode that prevents unverified accounts from being able to follow at…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A follower bot was sent to my channel a few days ago. Can you please help with this?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In my 13 years of being on the website I can only recall a few times I've used the whisper function, majority of which were people contacting me [as a moderator] for an unban. The hundreds, possibly thousands of other times were merely bots using the feature to spam links which I can only assume are all malicious.
    Now I don't have any data on how useful the whisper function is for actual people but I would take a guess and say 80-90% of all whisper messages are likely spam/bots. I would just like to propose the removal of the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Kanalıma dün yayındayken bot atıldı. Tam 200 takipçi oldum bir kaç dakika sonra 1k bot basıldı kanalıma bu konuda yardımcı olmanızı umuyorum.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Sehr geehrtes Twitch Team, gibt es die möglichkeit im Abwehr Modus eine Einstellung um neue Fllower zu deaktivieren bei Bot Followern? Falls nicht wäre es bestimmt möglich das man dort so eine Funktion einrichtet damit der Chat sicherer wird. Mit freundlichen Grüßen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. This week i got follow botted - 170 bots on my channel. I took them all off but it took me a little bit to go through everything. Wish there was a fail-safe - unless someone is gifting subscriptions, no followers should be able to be purchased and put on someones account. This would also make it so creators cant buy followers that are fake. makes your ratings go down when you have a large number of followers but no one watching/ interacting and is not good for the channel

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When whisper scambots [click link to lose steam credentials] are reported and confirmed to be scambots, twitch should contact the link site registrar and report abuse to stop new bot accounts continuing to spam that site.
    Also whispers should have reported & confirmed links filtered so the whisper isn't delivered.
    Twitch should also report to google.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Remove messages from deleted accounts that are bots the links from bots dming you stay active even after removed/ deleted

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. A few days ago, a prominent streamer commented on the URL of a clip with an obscene image as a thumbnail on his channel, which caused a large number of obscene thumbnails to appear in the chat window. This was a case in which the streamer was banned by Twitch management while dealing with the BOT.

The streamer is a normal, healthy streamer and has no malicious intent.

The biggest problem is that the management officially counted the streamer for the violation afterwards.
    I strongly condemn the management for this.
    This is a very childish, poor, and inconsiderate decision that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I have been streaming today, I got raided by a real streamer but they had BOTS in their stream and now they have come into my stream and sending me over 100 followers non stop over on my page and it will not stop. I am not happy about this and wish to have something done, I was originally at 1,804 followers and now I am all the way at 2300+ it is A JOKE. This twitch needs to prevent this from happening. I do not want fake followers or bots in my stream, throughout my whole stream and continuing…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Stop allowing all these channel bots to be created by users. They offer no viewer count and do nothing for channel growth. Its bad enough you can get banned for using follower and viewer bot services but these bots never get banned for being A BOT.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Problem: Platforms give verification badges to automated bot accounts that are not real people and thus cannot sign mobile contracts. This leads to confusion and misleading of users and questions the authenticity of actually verified accounts.

Proposed solution: Platforms should have clear and transparent policies for awarding verification badges and ensure that only real people with a mobile contract are verified. Clear distinctions should be made between real people and automated bot accounts, e.g. by using different symbols or colours for verification badges.

Platforms should also ensure that automated bot accounts cannot be confused with verified accounts. One possibility would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Okay N.H.N L.S.C Judge DrSupermanShadow ( yes i stream the law and give information on the annexation of former nations including the USA
    out FROM TIME TO TIME) here, on twitch.... so 3 things

1: I hate having follower-only and verified accounts ON ( it turns people away right quickly.)

(which btw the way you have it set up is highly illegal, you have to by law accept google voice/ prepaid because both require a real identity BE attached, BUT HAVE STRICTER PRIVACY LAWS ATTACHED to who can see it)

( and since i want my autism to emote communication…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. ten gente que enviu bot na minha live vcs pode tira e bot de viws so

1 vote