Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

95 results found

1. Could you have the ability to list the bots (Streamer approved bot list) that are allowed to be in that streamer's channel and then for all other bot account to be auto ban the moment they start watching.

As a mod I have been using https://twitchinsights.net/bots to check if accounts are bots and then banning any that show up as bots before they talk in chat. The Hoss bot is just creating so many account it disrupting many streams now.

Also could you have another setting to alow streams to chose to have any account that is watching more than…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Many streamers are currently being flooded by bots. There are no adequate filter mechanisms such as Captcha or other authentication methods that probe the creation of multiple fake accounts.

Twitch should use a secure authentication method for account creation as soon as possible so that so-called bot accounts and fake accounts can no longer be created in the future.

These bots make it unnecessarily difficult for honest streamers to apply for a partnership. In addition, it is almost impossible for streamers to prove that they have not bought or deliberately used any bots such as follower bots.

Dear community, please…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hi.Dear twitch. I am moderator at channel and we was attacked by bots two times. Bots use generic names like zoomxyz and mikealfeaturexyz and some bulshit names . Pls locate who sends them these Bots and ban from platform

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have been working on a solution for the hate raids problem, a problem that led streamers into going for a strike. I have been able to come up with a solution which I believe could solve the problem.
    The solution has to deal with using the Channel-Banned Terms Filter.

First, we gather other alphabet (Greek, Latin, etc.) and signs that look like the English alphabet and arrange them based on the alphabet they look like, basically creating an array for each English alphabet and the letters that look like them.

Second, we write code that is able to swap…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Should be simple: have something similar to automod check for known and reported bot messages and their pattern. If it matches, rather than blocking or reporting the account automatically, just cause the suspicious message to be hidden from anyone but the sender.

Additionally, after 1 month of their infraction, lock the suspect's account and try to make a direct contact with them.

Another thing to do would be to change Verified → Partner and create an actual Verified Account status that marks accounts that are confirmed to be actual users rather than bots.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. There are so many bots on Twitch. I hate seeing them in my "users in chat" when I look to see who is viewing. like anotherttvviewer, electricallongboard,icewizerd, bingcortana, ect. Can you guys please work on getting these bots off of twitch??

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We've all noticed the follow bot/hate raid stuff lately and quite frankly this is getting tiresome. I have some simple ideas that'll help with these issues that should keep the community safer than they already are.

1. Allow users to disable the ability for follows to happen on their channel without the following account already being verified/enabling 2FA, or even exist for a set amount of time, a time chosen by the user. Could be 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, etc.

2. Give users the option to disable hosts and raids from any users that that haven't verified their account/have enabled…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hey! Just an idea but it would be nice when you go to your "users in chat" section and filter out which one is a bot account vs real viewers.

I know that would probably be difficult to filter, however someone could build some data to find all bot accounts and have them filtered like you would with moderation in chat.

that would make things easier to know whos who and be able to know who is actually viewing the stream vs who isn't.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Logs should only be available to the moderation team and the existence of third party websites that are using bots to constantly save chatlogs represents a potential security problem for the user. They shouldn't be publicly available

In this specific case I'm talking about, https://logs.ivr.fi/ that uses a twitch irc bot easily available in, https://github.com/gempir/justlog

I hope there is a way to control this or at least make it harder to setup.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I am seeing, Bot Follows, Bot Hosts and Bot Viewers. I really don't care about the Bot - Viewers - but the Follows and Hosts are creating false hopes and damaging the New Streamer vibe for those wanting to acquire new viewers with their talent/personality/gaming etc. I think some or maybe more of us would Agree that this would be great if we could reduce the number of bots by implementing some sort of identifier or a bot blocker that could be added to ones streams/channel.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Perhaps someone at Twitch HQ could use machine learning to identify partially exposed breasts from streamers. The are many streamers that do this for content, and it is not very pleasant to come across this when scrolling through the just chatting category.

Can this then be made into a Bot, so the streamer is "aware" of what is happening..

The machine learning component hopefully would not be very complex, but not sure how you would implement it on a larger scale (not aware of the resources you have available). Otherwise the low-tech approach would be a twitch staffer scroll through…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. i just discoverd that my friend follow boted me thats why i got so many followers but in the afiliated achievement it still with 806 followers and i only want to be legal! if you read this twitch support my channel is redfallout20 pls revise it!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When viewing the viewers log in chat you can see bots like Streamlabs and any other source you have a purpose for. However there are fake accounts that sit in the chat room that are not real viewers. Should be able to flag them for review and have them deleted.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Beaucoup de personne se crée de faux compte *** se follow a moi et j'aimerais pas être accuser d'avoir crée de faux compte pour me monter de follow alors j'aimerais pouvoir avoir une option ou que je peut empêcher de faux compte de se follow a moi

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hello. Last night we were streaming and someone send us 1000 bot at least. We don't want to have them follow us so what can we do? Thank you for your time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sufrí la expulsión de un Chat al que frecuento y el moderador me dijo no fue él sino algo que hizo Twitch. Escribí la palabra"Negril" que es una playa que está en Jamaica. Negro tiene muchos significados, es un color, es un apellido, y también puede ser una palabra racista por supuesto así que traten de ajustar el robot para que vea el contexto.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Kanalımıza bir kaç gündür yayın esnasında istenmeyen botlar tarafından takip edilip yayın ortasında sabote ediliyor ve bizi banlattırmaya çalışıyorlar. Lütfen gerekeninin yapılmasını istiyoruz destekleriniz için teşekkür ederiz .

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. yayın esnasında spam takipçi geldi bunları ne yapmalıyım bilginize sunmak isterim spam takipçi istemiyorum lütfen yardım

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?