Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

214 results found

1. Under the new harassment policies being implemented in January, Twitch has effectively identified foreign nationals who have migrated to another country (e.g., to the United States) as a protected group (the term "immigration status" is invoked as an example of what constitutes a protected class). The policy later states that saying "[protected group] should not be allowed to vote" constitutes "[a call] for subjugation, segregation or exclusion." It seems to me that this policy entails that anyone who advocates enforcing the voting requirements of probably every single nation on earth (i.e., every nation prohibits non-citizens from voting) is guilty of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Twitch plans on soft-banning a handful of words in their next policy update, namely "simp", "incel", and "virgin", in an attempt to ***** down on ****** harassment. They say it will only be in cases where they are used as insults but I want to get ahead of this since community outcry is already bubbling up.

Banning individual words that are not slurs not only lumps them in with genuinely harmful words but also encourages an environment where context is devalued. The above three words are usually used in a joking manner, but I worry that shuffling them into the…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. During the town hall the coo mentioned that Twitch didn't want to assume identity. The N word hard R is is a slur and should not be allowed to be sent through chat under any circumstances. It is hate speech. N word with the a used on stream amongst Black individuals is in no way the same as saying N hard R in chat.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hello Twitch!
    I've recently heard the wonderful news that you're banning derogatory language such as 'simp' and 'incel'. This means a lot to me, since it’s obviously very harmful language, but I feel you're leaving out a big offender with those cases. I would be happy to see people stop using 'noob' to insult people. It is in all circumstances used offensively, making people not want to play the game. Personally, I have been called this many times, even when I haven't been a new player in a game. It always hurts my feelings and it cuts really deep. Some…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Words. Language. The way in which we communicate our thoughts and feelings. Twitch seems to want to continue to ban more and more words. When does it stop? What does Twitch look like in 2024? Can anyone say anything without being in fear of being banned? How long do big streamers stay on a platform that curbs their freedom to express themselves? I simply inquire where it stops.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I know y'all email updates to Community Guidelines, but please run PSA's via Ads, to make sure all users know when these are updated. It's simple and on your end you will be able to know what % of users got the PSA

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. [SPA]

Necesitamos un grupo de personas que se dedique a controlar de forma más activa la comunidad, y a la vez controlen que los creadores de contenido siguen todas las normas y directrices establecidas para la plataforma.

Sería la mejor forma de aumentar la seguridad y la confianza de los usuarios para que todos puedan disfrutar de Twitch.

¿Tienen planteado crearlo? ¿Necesitáis gente?
    Deberíais ofrecer oportunidad de empleo para esto.

[ENG]

We need a group of people who are actively dedicated to control the community, and at the same time keep that the content creators follow all the rules and…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. why some men can stay at stream without shirt , and women are being punished for they cleavage and show the body, and men can go shirtless live no matter what kind of body shapes they have (yes, there are men who appear to have breasts)?

can we have an equal policy for all ?

or please let us know why female body can be considered sexualized and not a male body

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. user / bot attack that other streamers do that they don't like better look for more staff in the streamer's surveillance area ...
    Hi, I'm a small streamer who received a 7-day twitch penalty and now I can't upload emotes without the staff seeing it and it turns out that they tell me it was for making a black joke or being homophobic or something if I'm gay and never I would laugh at another person with my same sexuality or at straight people but it turns out that they couldn't send me any clip of what was the thing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Warum wird Glücksspiel an Slot Automaten geduldet gerade bei Streamern wie Knossi wo sich on Stream 90% Minderjährige tummeln....zudem wohnt er in NRW und nicht in Schleswig Holstein ☝️

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. В русскоговорящем сообществе есть проблема с правилами твича, постоянные запреты сильно сказываются на свободе мысли. Множество моих знакомых стримеров не могут высказывать то что они чувствуют. Например когда люди играют в КС, Доту, и другие соревновательные игры, временами хотят высказать свои мысли по поводу своих "товарищей по команде" или своих противников, но следуя новым правилам твича они будут вынуждены говорить фразы звучащие как "сударь вы совершаете ошибку приобретая рапиру!" или "вам не стоило покупать AWP поскольку вероятность его потерять крайне велика!", мне кажется в условиях реального матча, не возможно выражаться так же. Стоит учесть что
    не совсем культурные выражения по…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Going point for point from your metal health guide, I know of instances where some streamers have been completely disconnected of any communication. Considering your own words here, can twitch do more when it comes to appeals? (https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/twitch-cares-mental-health-support-information?language=en_US)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Some games like Phasmophobia require gamers to swear and call the ghost names in order to cause it to appear. Would this affect the streamer in a negative aspect? Especially if the stream is Mature 18+ only.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Anyone is currently able to access deleted Clips and VODs via a Twitch database that is open and accessible via the stream ID. This is incredibly dangerous, as personal information such as addresses, names, employment, etc., may have been accidentally disclosed on stream, and is now permanently saved for the public to access at anytime, even if the VOD or Clip is quickly deleted.

PLEASE close this server access to the public for our safety!

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. several channels seem to have inflated views by embedding their channels on wiki sites or other websites with high traffic. Are there any plans to address this so they don't skew the numbers for certain categories of games?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Twitch needs an algorithm similar to tiktok or YouTube to reccomend creators to viewers based on analytics. To improve visibility and exposure for new content creators. Also we need an appeal process for dmca and other reportable offenses such as offensive and racially insensitive languages. Its not uncommon for other player in game to use such language or have loud music coming in through their microphones. Conduct not originating from the creator should not be grounds for community guidlines violations.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I'm from the south and see a good amount of Dixie's still flying. Wouldn't do it myself, but I respect those who do and know they are good people. Believe it or not, the flag is a symbol of regional pride and heritage, and is in NO WAY the racist hate symbol that you and others inside the progressive orthodoxy see it as. Unilaterally painting it as such and ignoring the reality on the ground, what it actually means to the people living here, is just wrong. It's an inspirational symbol to fight for what you believe in, and all…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I currently share the Gospel message on twitch through gaming in Fortnite. I've been banned TWICE for "harrasment" If I have concent from the other party to talk about the Bible or my religion, why is it considered "harrassment". Also, how do you plan on addressing the persecution Christians face on your platform, for holding a belief that is contrary to the LGBTQ community.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Twitch's changes to acceptable content this year explicitly created different rules for male and female streamers. Where can we start a dialog about what kind of message this sends to both women and those who objectify/dismiss female streamers?

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?