Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

214 results found

1. Streamers are constantly streaming sexually explicit content under the guise of exercise, pool activities and cosplay. I was under the impression that Twitch was a platform for entertainers who wanted to create unique communities, not another typical platform for wh**es to exploit underage and easily influenced boys by wearing thongs and stretching. there are platforms for this kind of content, i dont believe twitch needs to succumb to this wave of exploitation like that. On everyone's suggested streams are always 3+ mostly naked women bending over for attention. lets be better than this. Update our guidelines and enforce them. they…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. listen this isnt an idea but more of a request could we stop and think maybe female streamers are just a bit too much for example itspinkie like why is she putting her mic on her privates so people can hear her **** and the fact shes partnered its shocking my channel is very small i get at least 3- 5 viewers and im a furry the lowest of the low the kind that people frown at when they see but i at least show some moral restraint when talking to my viewers i hate the fact that most women…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Given the terms of service defines driving streams as Self Harm and Injury due to distracted driving, I would want a stipulation added that the streaming device being it a phone or tablet must feature the back of the Driver's head to be evident that the Driver is not a distracted driver.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. you guys have allowed such animal abuse as to allow a creator to poison a cat in front of many people

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I know many people under the age of 13 that wanna watch peoples' streams or show off their talent on Twitch, but they can't since they don't meet the age requirement. Instead, I think people under the age of 13 should be able to use Twitch, just without the chat feature. That way they can still show off their awesome skills but they just won't be able to view the chat in case there is someone inappropriate in it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I feel like having Pepe the Frog as a chat emote isn't so great now that it's an alt-right symbol, so if you're really averse to removing it, maybe send out a message to Twitch users explaining why it's there because I think to some people that could feel kind of partisan? Thanks

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. There should be two different accounts. One for streamers and one for viewers. I noticed most streamers tend to flirt more with other streamers. This distracts the audience. There should be a new rule streamers can't view other streamers. Raids should be random not chosen. If this is going to happen. Safety reasons for women streamers being lurk by older male streamers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Banned streamers for lurking and trying to pick up date during live stream. Safety precaution for young ladies streamers whom older men viewers flirting and speaking to them awkwardly during live stream. Stream should be cut off or turn off. Both streamer and viewer should be questioned. Also ban temporarily.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I see a lot of streamers doing these "Unban Appeal" stream on their channel as "content". While the streamers and viewers may think this is an entertaining for content, it is often very toxic for the community.

The person got banned for a reason for breaking TOS or either not appropriate for chat, and their chat texts were deleted by moderators. Do we really need to revisit their toxic comments on stream again and display their chat or read it out aloud again? These comments were deleted for a reason right?

Most of the time, this becomes Harassment and Bullying…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I have a friend who is a beginner streamer who has been banned and doesn't know why. Twitch only reported that he said something that is outside of his policy. I watch all of his lives and I don't remember any time he offended someone else. In addition to not making the reason clear, the platform does not give confidence to new streamers, making them question whether the platform is the best option for them to work. Not only that, I remember other cases in which Brazilian streamers were banned for stupid reasons. So I would like to leave the…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We're in a new day and age where woman are able to do the same things/get the same things as men. One of those things is being able to show our torso. This includes being able to show our breasts. Laws have passed to allow women to be topless in public.

If women are legally allowed to be topless in public, why are we told to cover our nipples and the areas around? I don't agree that we should have to cover our nipples. Why should we when men can?

Twitch should allow women to be comfortable in their own…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Beside being obviously racist; I find it insulting to assume because one is white they inherently have some sort of privilege that is not available to others. Instead of focusing more on the behavioral aspects of one's own community.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. With twitch taking a large stake in livestreaming as a whole I feel it is best for twitch to branch out into allowing 18+ NSFW content on the platform.

I propose that 18+ content is limited exclusively to verified 18+ users of the site, and is impossible to discover by default - but can be found using a convenient account setting.

In this way ambiguity between certain game content and body painting can be eliminated by defining what makes content 18+ or not 18+

A safe alternative to other NSFW live stream sites can be created through twitch in this…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Pretty simple actually. With the new Steam policies about getting more NSFW games and more Illusion Games SFW versions in the same platform, i'm sure that list is pretty outdated and needs more games getting banned. (Koikatsu: Party is SFW if you don't include a specific patch from the official game to be NSFW).
    And not more sexually, high gruesome or extreme violence should be there too, Hatred is the best example nowadays and isn't include in the list. Postal 2 isn't neccesary for being more ironic & sartastic rather than polemic because yes.
    Games being bad and only popular…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I've seen that Twitch has been banning of words like 'simp', 'incel', and 'virgin'. These are mostly terms used towards males, yet horrifically offensive terms like "bitch" , "pussy" , "cunt" which are used to belittle and demean Women are not? It is used to belittle and offend Men, and sometimes women and put them down, in the most horrific way and has been used for years as a sexist term to say that someone is less of a person or 'inferior because they are a women' so they call them either a "bitch" , a "pussy" or a "cunt".…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hello Twitch,

Over the past year I have seen a number of people popping up who making claims of been representatives and/or advocates of protected groups (to be more precise people with disabilities), on major platforms such as Youtube, Twitter and Twitch. What disturbs me about this is lack of professionalism some of these people exhibit, I hope you do understand that a lot of people do want to private, discrete and above all be treated with respect when it comes to their disability. It does disturb me when I see certain partnered Twitch streamers use other disabled people's conditions…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Streamers have been getting away with little to no punishment for things that aren't even allowed on this platform when others (male and female) streamers have been punished more severely for less. We need to make it fair for everyone no one should get special treatment no matter how big their streams or who they are.

Male, female, and all genders should be dealt with equally no one should violate guidelines and reveal naked body parts and get a slap on the wrist, some people can take that as ****** harassment.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Too many people are running into minority streams and throwing hate speech. People report them and then they return nothing changes. It's unacceptable.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I occasionally see streamers who promote therapy or claim to have mental health issues, when they really are not qualified to be involving themselves in such matters. Even worse are the situations where it's clear (or it cannot really be verified) that a streamer is claiming to have a problem, just so they can solicit for subs/donations/boost their social media presence.

I think the topic of mental health is just too personal and risky for someone with no background in treating mental illness (or appears to be pan-handling) to be discussing on their channel. I think beyond telling a viewer…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Not sure if Twitch already does this, but many public-facing jobs conduct background checks and verify their candidates are mentally/physically capable to do their job before they are able to work for them (especially if they are working with children/youth). This screening process could help weed out potential issues with repeat criminals/offenders/etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?