Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

47 results found

1. Instead allow mods to ban for 24hours
    Only the broadcaster can permanently ban users

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When a person is banned from a channel, it turns out that the channel which they were banned from can be put on their recommended carousel.

First, it makes no sense to be offered a recommendation to a channel that wishes you not to go there. But also, for a case when a person is unaware why they are banned, it adds quite a bit of anxiety to see it repeatedly recommended and provides a less than stellar experience.

This should be a common sense feature to be approved.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Considering the blacklist of users can be shared to other channels, it is highly possible that it can be misused and lead to unjust banning or suspension by the channels that are not related to users' past offence. This is discriminatory treatments for those users, and it is unjust. An example is suspension of users due to racial or sexual slurs, while the streamers are the one who say it first or goad the users to it.

And what if from the start those users were banned or suspended unfairly, and their past "violations" are still recorded in that list?…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Why is it that we only get one chance to appeal to a ban? All I try to do is atone for my sins and be accepted again. Being banned from a chat of a channel that you follow for so long just because you made a clueless mistake is unfair. Can't I make an appeal once a year, whether through time of if it gets denied? It will mean the world to me if I get a cool down of ban appeals. And the message box is too small. I would appreciate it if you made the ban appeal…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. There are numerous users out there who have been away from Twitch for various reasons, like busy working, on holiday, forgetting their account, etc. who then return to Twitch only to discover their account has been banned for "botting or automated account".

Case and point: my boyfriend, who was banned by twitch on Jan 29 2023 for botting [which he's never ever done], unbanned, and then banned again Feb 13 for the exact same reason. They're also MY ONLY MOD, so by banning them, you've effectively made my stream more vulnerable.

Put yourselves in their shoes. What if you were…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. A button that allows the user to refuse gift subscriptions to channels that they do not follow and do not want to support and/or find offensive

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I was going through my blocked users list and users that have been banned still have profile pictures. not a big deal except their profile pictures are of genitals or grotesque.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hello twitch,

Please start enforcing your community guidelines rules regarding gambling as outlined in the October 18th 2022 disclosure. For some reason you choose to ban sites such as "stake" and "rollbit", but allow others that are much worse such as "punt".

The October 18th post states that Twitch will "prohibit any streaming of listed sites that contain slots, roulette, and dice games and are unlicensed in the U.S.", yet the site "punt" is not only illegal in the United States, but they also have no KYC, meaning anyone of any age can play on the site.

Please add this…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hello,

Would it be possible to ban people from the channel?
    Banning them from a chat is good but from a channel is better.

For the streamhack in particular, let me explain:

Many games are streamed and suffer from the toxicity of streamhackers.
    We absolutely need to be able to prevent them from accessing the channel's video stream.
    This spoils the gameplay for streamers and note that the streamhack is akin to cheating. (Roleplay and competitive games for example)

Does Twitch condone cheating? I don't think so, so it would be good to set up
    this system of BAN from…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Wasn't absolutely sure where to post this, so i am giving it a shot here. I am for the ban evasion idea, however, it has an issue and that is that i still have to ban evaders that want to come and just spam in my chat. It takes someone literally a minute or so to have a new account created and proceed to repeat the actions they were doing. I've personally had someone who will come in and continually make new accounts to say the same things over and over even though he's flagged for ban evasion, i still…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please give use an option to chosse between a normal and a silent ban.
    What a silent ban is? If i silent ban someone, the banned person will not see it. He will not get a message and he still can write in chat. But noone without him can read it.
    Why? Against trolling and against getting troll to make new accounts after thex get banned.
    With a silent ban a troll will keep writing but get no attention!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Unregulated CSGO gambling. I don't think unregulated gambling should be allowed on twitch and neither should affiliated gambling. Affiliated gambling codes gives creators a small percentage of what their viewers loose on the gambling website to the creator as a reward for their viewers signing up and loosing money. A lot of streamers don't even use their own money on these websites when gambling live on stream, instead the website loads their account with money and lets them gamble with no finical risk, but at the same time these streamers are telling viewers to use these unregulated gambling website and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. updated 3/28/2022
    first posted 5/29/2021

Or promote them to Global Moderators because they are effectively doing your job for you.

For those who don’t know the difference:
    A Twitch Global Moderator is someone hired by Twitch to process your personal information and track your usage of the platform.
    A Channel Moderator is any random idiot chosen by any streamer to process your personal information and track your usage of the platform.

The difference is as follows:

The first represents Twitch and is legally required to be responsible with your private information (according to California’s Online Privacy Protection Act).

The second…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I personally do not have a quarrel with people having subathon's, though I do hope that they make every effort to maintain a healthy schedule for sleeping, eating, self-care, etc. I do feel that it is potentially misleading to some and saying the stream will perceivably "last forever" (as long as people continue to donate/sub) but then during stream announcing when the streamer will cap/limit the subathon, thus contradicting bot announcements and stream titles lacking or having omitted the now annouced limit to the stream. if people continue to donate or sub in effort to continue the streams timer, but…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Just like you created the new Category, "Pools, Hot tubs, and Beaches" because of the excessive demand, you also NEED to create a "Troll Jail" for all viewers who abuse, harass, or 'troll' your Twitch Streamers!
    The number of Trolls have become quite excessive, and simply 'banning' an abusive viewer from a single streamer, ONE, that banned viewer can still see and hear the streamer, TWO, that viewer can jump into another streamer, and continue his\her harassment!
    You need to create an algorithm that bans that viewer COMPLETELY FROM TWITCH! Perhaps create, along with your current "banned flag", a count…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Since there is really no appeal system to the enforcement process for certain offenses it would seem only fair for there to be some sort of warning system in place for when the system detects an offense. An enforcement system with no warnings and no appeals seems contrary to the best interests of both streamers and Twitch. There is no system to detect infractions that is infallible, and in this case, when an error is made Twitch loses not only a streamer, but the revenue that streamer generated.
    An offense that warrants a permanent ban should be taken seriously both…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The just updated community guidelines have highlighted a massive issue in how you handle community reports. There have been many streamers who have streamed in accordance with the new guidelines around sexual content relating to art, and almost all of them have been suspended. Some have been suspended, had their suspensions lifted, and then had the bot slap it back on, all for literally working on the same piece of art. This is no less disruptive than the hate raids we had to deal with a year ago, only it's worse because these are messing with people's ability to earn…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. While it is great to restrict inappropriate and negative responses in chat, it would be nice to lighten some of the restrictions that force those that do have generally positive, constructive, and/or harmless responses to be deleted while timing a user out. The DM chat provides a failing alternative to this, forcing other methods to also result similarly to the above punishment, if not a more worse punishment. Fixing this issue can also provide a method that can also bring more content creators and viewers to Twitch.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would like to know how to make a formal complaint about the lack of responce from the reports system on your platform. I have been suffering abuse and harassment for a month from the same user and I have reported every time they have said or done something abusive or harassment, which has been at least 10 reports over the month and I have been given no responce and no action has been taken. I wish to make a formal complaint about this as the lack of responce is disgusting and the fact this streamer is still, a month…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Si los streamers BLOQUEAMOS (no baneamos, BLOQUEAMOS) un usuario, se debería bloquear directamente su IP de nuestro canal.
    Soy sistemáticamente acosada sexualmente por un usuario puntual. Pude bloquearlo en plataformas como Discord y allí no puede volver a entrar porque el sistema bloquea su IP. En Twitch, por el contrario, se crea múltiples cuentas cada vez que transmito y me siento violentada e insegura, al punto que no quiero volver a transmitir porque me causa ansiedad. Crear cuentas en la plataforma es muy sencillo y eso está bien, pero deben brindarnos seguridad.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?