Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

608 results found

1. if the boost feature is added, won’t it benefit bigger streamers rather than smaller ones? i think it needs to be beneficial for them too.

233 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Currently you only can input text for channel point rewards. Let's change that. Here are some ideas:

• Numbers only
    • dropdown list
    • sliders (with adjustable range)
    • up to 6 buttons (text or icons)
    • color picker
    • Other usernames in chat
    • 1-5 stars rating
    • date/time
    • secret (isn't shown in chat, except for >= moderators)

the payload of those results can be sent as regular content, as if they were entered as text. This would remove a lot of explaining to viewers how to use channel points.

No more "If you enter \"can you set your LEDs to brown?\" into the field, my script…

175 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I want to use channel points but I am finding that the vast majority of my viewers already subscribe at tier 1 and as such have nothing to spend channel points on other than modifying tier 1 emotes, which is of limited novelty. I would like it if different pricing tiers points-wise were available for the tier 2 & 3 emotes as well as bit emotes.

172 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. As of right now one has to use the popup window to start and complete a prediction.
    It would be great if you could start a prediction with /prediction [Name of prediction] [Outcome 1] [Outcome 2] [Duration] and select the outcome in a similar fashion to allow some kind of automation.

169 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Predictions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Currently we have built a game around channel points. The issue is there is no way to disable the "claiming" of channel points in chat. This makes chat spam like crazing.

Would love a way to hide the messages showing up, while still letting users claim them

161 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be very helpful to know how many points my viewers have in my chat. Maybe as a sort of leaderboard so I can see who has the most points? This would definitely help me to judge how to price my rewards better, as I can see how many points people will have to spend on them!

148 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We have "Redemption Cooldown Time", "Limit Redemptions Per Stream" & "Limit Redemptions Per User Per Stream". Can we get "Redemption Cooldown Time Per User"

139 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I wish you and the team would stop trying to push features like this. Instead of having a "boost" feature, why not work on a better way to make smaller content creators to be discovered?

Many have resulted in branching out to other social media and content creation platforms in order to funnel more viewers into twitch because of the over saturation of streams. Look at how addictive YouTube and Tik Tok are... Also look at how easy they are to just continuously browse and find new content. These are the things you should be focused on.

Honestly, Small streamers…

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The point multipliers have recently changed so that it is fairer that if you are paying for a higher tier sub, you receive a higher multiplier. Unfortunately, as opposed to increasing the multiplier for higher-tiered, lower tiers had their multipliers drastically lowered to the point of not really being that different from a non-subscriber. Idk how it may look from the pov of Twitch Staff, but from a user, getting 12 points for passive watch time and 60 points for an active watch time bonus while a non-subscriber gets 10 and 50 points respectively just doesn't seem that fair. When…

131 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It'd help me as the streamer, and I think chat would enjoy it too, if predictions stayed as drop downs at the top of chat during their duration similar to polls so that we could check what the details were. I like to let chat bet on my speedrun time, and often half-way through the run I don't remember the exact time they bet on.

Predictions have been a great addition to the stream, it adds a whole new layer to my content! Thanks for the new feature!

126 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The option to RESET channel points would be nice, game I play EFT have something like seasons (wipes), in late game i letting people to ask for throw of grenade and other more or less expensive (in game) rewards, at the beginning of season (wipe) I would get poor in few seconds, so please let me reset points they have, so they will have to earn new ones for rewards
    Can you make that option for us?

123 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would like to display an alert after the prediction pool got set and paid out for example. A connected Leaderboard would be great too.

119 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. A section similar to emote analytics but for channel point redemptions.

After clearing out your channel point rewards queue, there's no longer a way to see what was redeemed and how many times. While streaming, it's very hard to keep track of that.

Having a dedicated section for analytics would allow creators to remove redemptions that are only being used by a small portion of viewers or even one or two people and replace it with something more can enjoy.

Creating this analytic will also help creators increase chat engagement as they'll understand better what they can do to prompt…

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Having a channel-specific badge that viewers can display could be a great way to allow users to flaunt long-term viewership in a channel. Similar to the way that a channel-specific bit badge operates, viewers could choose to invest Channel Points in to this badge which would upgrade to a fancier version at whatever cutoff points Twitch decides upon. This can also serve as a good catch-all purpose Channel Points redemption for channels that don't have or want extensive Channel Point options available.

108 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Instead of asking our viewers to choose between fun and promoting the stream, make the boost passive and based on ANY points spent during a stream.

As it stands, the system is creating a conflict of interest - particularly for channels that are solely powered on Channel Points.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Baiting Twitch users to pay money on behalf of their favorite streamers to boost discoverability is a bad idea and an unethical idea. It only unfairly furthers an existing advantage over other channels by exploiting community members’ good faith willingness to pay to support the streamer, and it does not make up for any deeper existing discoverability and usability failings. There is a consensus on social media that users understand this is a detriment to Twitch overall. If it doesn’t work as intended, they are wasting their money. But if it does work as intended, it greatly compromises the integrity…

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. If one of the options in your prediction is "not compliant with our content guidelines", the title/name of the prediction is highlighted in red, instead of the option(s) that is at fault

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. • Create a variable that allows both streamers and moderators to start predictions where they can freely define the time they last active. This time would be specified in seconds and when starting the prediction, the timer would be displayed, which indicates the remaining time.

The predefined options currently offered by Twitch are stark and lack a middle ground. A prediction can be very short or last too long, so much so that the message that the prediction has started is displayed for too long or too little time.

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Predictions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. How about we have a leader board for channel points so everyone (even the channel owner & their moderators) can see who has how many points. The channel owner would be the only person to give out channel points on their own terms.

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Mods currently have the ability to refund and clear their own purchases on the channels. Unless the streamer is following their every move, or accumulates a back log, we can't see this happening. Mods should at the very least, not be able to refund and clear their own channel point purchases.

A better thing would be to not allow them to clear out the requests at all. Just mark them completed and to refund, but keep the digital trail. Currently the only way to find this is to be on the same page with all your other mods, and check/compare…

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?