Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. I do not enjoy gambling. I do not enjoy channel points “click to claim bonus points” skinner boxes. ‘Points betting’ interrupting a stream and shrinking the video player to force me to look at chat (like hype trains) is incredibly obnoxious. Let me disable it, especially on mobile where I can’t block it with a browser addon. Stop trying to ruin this platform with superfluous features.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Moderators aren't allowed to bet which doesn't make sense especially for smaller streamers where the mods may compose 1/3 or more of the viewers watching... It's not fun when only two or three people bet when it could be 6 or 7. Thank you.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. if the boost feature is added, won’t it benefit bigger streamers rather than smaller ones? i think it needs to be beneficial for them too.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Boost this stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I have a loyalty reward where people can redeem "codes" to enter for giveaways but I have to manually fill the orders, it would be great if you can set a default short message that gets sent to the redeemer as a whisper so I can auto deliver information/codes/redeemable verbal messages to the person who redeems privately and instantly for automation.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. If someone is a channel editor, it means that the streamer trusts him/her, so I want the channel points (or even other things (almost) the same as the streamer) to be enabled for the channel editor as well.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Have the option to make channel point redemtions a limitied number of uses per viewer as well as overall.

At the moment it is hard to implement new ones because if you make the cost low then older viewers will spam it for all it's worth, make the cost high and new viewers can't partake.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Predictions can sometimes get... heated, I think a large part to people betting all of their channel points on a single prediction. I think it would be better if there was an option to put an upper limit on the amount they can predict. Thanks!

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Greetings.

My friend runs a very low-tier channel on twitch, and I'm the horrible computer janitor saddled with coding his insane demands. One of the rewards he offers is for people to become a "king of the stream". This doesn't do anything besides play a special sound, it's just a fun thing people can spend their points on.

Of course, we all know the internet; the more meaningless something is, the more people want it. Often, this reward is sniped while my friend is still getting set up and people are filing in. This kinda ruins it for everyone else…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make Affiliates and Partner able to create default points reward which gives access to one emote (out of emotes that the streamer has selected) to use forever. The emotes could be sub emotes or special points emotes. These could be used to reward loyal viewers and create limited time emotes that could be used even after the limited time is over.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. So i think you can change this rule and let the people who leave in poland and in Danemark and like this the viewers can have much fun, i leave in Poland and i really want predict but i can not so please change this i relly want predict in Poland.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. hello.I am Maroti David from serbia my acc in twitch MAROTITWITCH.It is very difficult to become a partner to get chanel points, please make a special condition for chanel points, i want to say that chanel points has a special condition that streamer has to fill I'm sorry about English I'm from Serbia so it's harder for me to talk or write something, thanks for your attention

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The channel I mod for has a channel point prize for adding a song to a warm up playlist. It would be good if we had the ability to set keys and values on the message that gets sent for the channel point redemption message. So I could set like "reward: song" and then "url: {whatever the url is}" etc.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. On Twitch Embed Players with video and chat (https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/embed/everything), it is currently not possible to gain Channel Points while watching.
    It is possible to spend Channel Points with an embedded player/chat, so it seems necessary to obtain them while watching as well.
    Thanks!

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Stop just catering to your partners - this is all the boost system will do.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Boost this stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Currently users can bid alot and earn alot which can ruin the channel points economy in some channels. My suggestion/request is that the streamer can limit the maximum bid. For example, I would like to make the maximum bid 10k that way users in my chat won't speedrun their way to the VIP reward at 500k.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Would love a way to create categories for the channel points in the managing section. I know that I and other creators have specific redemption's for what we are streaming. Specific to the game we play, ones that will be available all the time, etc. Instead of trying to find all the ones to enable or disable would be nice if they were all together.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I am no where close to being a partner, and this happened for me (average 12 viewers). I was so amazed when I got the oppurtunity for this. It was a bit tough to reach the goal, but you have 2 days. When I completed the Boost challenge it made my stream boost to 56 viewers. It only last about 10 mins. I feel like if this is going to be a thing, let the small streamer enjoy the Boost a little longer. I do not feel this option should be for partners.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Boost this stream  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Channel Points...I love them already. I do. I'm using them as I'm typing here. One great idea though imo...I really would like it even better if Twitch gave us a bunch of random icons to choose from to use with each custom reward we have. I don't have any custom icons and as a gamer, streamer, and upcoming holiday lover, I don't know about you but, I don't have the money to pay for a bunch of icons at different resolutions to be honest lol. I KNOW alot of streamers will love to have this option as well. My first…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The community goal for contributing channel points doesn't show up at all on mobile application.

So some viewers (who use mobile exclusively) can't use the community goal feature.

Please fix this.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Prior to channel points being a Twitch feature, many streamers decided to use their streaming provider to create a point system and create another source of entertainment on streams. I know that with Streamlabs points you can gamble your points which provides yet another way to entertain yourself on stream. In some streams you could actually type !gamble in chat and streamelements would then reply with a successful or failed gamble doubling or claiming the point amount you gambled, but this may not be viable because it could really clog up chat. I do wish however that there were some…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?