Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

IGDB

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

IGDB

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

348 results found

1. Something fairly simple: a "clear all notifications" button on the "Your Notifications" page. I do a lot of editing at once, so it's a bit annoying to have to remove each notification one at a time when I'm bombed with "your change has been approved" messages. Maybe a similar thing for the notification bell button up top as well?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Adding a Full/Partial Controller Support column for titles in the database.

This would be monumental for indexing games that can be played from the couch or not.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. My idea is simple; adding GameFAQ pages to the possible website additions on the website. This will allow people easy access to both answers to questions they might have regarding the game as well as a walkthrough if needed.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I find filtering options missing in the results of the Karma Hunters sections.

For example to be able to filter in the section "Missing Covers" by platform, or in the section "Under 25% Information" by "Empty developer", "Empty Publisher", etc ..

Having these filtering options would make easy, and also would encourage users, to fill in missing information

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Another release region request. Generally these will almost always be included in a general North American [NA] release, but there are rare exceptions.

God of War Saga
    (known as God of War Omega Collection in Latin America, released November 20, 2012 and released as a 3 disc bundle instead of 2)
    IGDB: https://www.igdb.com/games/god-of-war-saga
    Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_of_War_video_game_collections#God_of_War_Saga
    Wikia: https://godofwar.fandom.com/wiki/God_of_War_Saga#God_of_War_Omega_Collection

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I've noticed a large number of my games have no critic rating in gog due to gog using igdb for their database.

There also appears to be no way of adding critic reviews or flagging a game as requiring them?

Would it be possible to have this feature and perhaps provide a link to another website that has documented them to speed up the process? This way they can still be vetted by yourselves.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The element used for browsing lists of games that fit a certain page’s criteria (e.g. game engine pages, category/keyword pages, franchise pages) sometimes does not display the pagination, preventing users from seeing any games beyond the first 10 shown. Changing the sort mode can allow you to see a different slice of 10 games, thus verifying that there should be additional pages visible.

some examples:
    https://www.igdb.com/game_engines/bitsy
    https://www.igdb.com/game_engines/pico-8
    https://www.igdb.com/game_engines/twine
    https://www.igdb.com/categories/homestar-runner
    https://www.igdb.com/categories/real-time-battles
    https://www.igdb.com/franchises/homestar-runner

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Heya! Indeed definitely a bug, we’ve added this into our backlog and will look at a fix as soon as possible.
    Thanks!

8. Often when entering different Themes, Game-types, and/or Genres to define or classify a title, it is often up to the Editor's personal definition to what entails each category. Some may feel a "Shooter" only means FPS, others may include Shmups, or anything that fires a gun like Mega Man.

It would be very helpful to have a defined definition for each category display when entering each one into a Edit page by hovering your mouse pointer over the entry.

Discord: https://discordapp.com/channels/114736716505546761/458320386275409964/715373659681980507

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

So, we actually used to have Tool Tips on our game edits, specifically for the Franchise and Series field.

This feature broke at some point during our infrastructure migration post-acquisition, and disabled it.

Now, we absolutely would like to bring this back indeed, and expand to more fields. As we are not constantly adding new data points and are putting a big focus right now on our contribution tools this is an excellent suggestion.

We’ll take a look at the best places to implement them!

9. The following platforms currently have no presence on IGDB, it would be good to see more comprehensive coverage of these older, more obscure systems:

-Adventure Vision
    -Sega Beena
    -Creativision
    -Nintendo e-Reader
    -Hartung Game Master
    -GP32
    -Leap Pad
    -Konami Picno
    -Pocket Challenge V2
    -Pocket Challenge W
    -Casio PV1000
    -Studio II
    -Fukutake Publishing Study Box
    -Sufami Turbo
    -Super Acan
    -VideoPac Plus G7400
    -Visicom

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I think IGDB should borrow the "All DLC page" from Steam.

So, on a page that has lots of DLC, say

Snowrunner - https://www.igdb.com/games/snowrunner (12 DLC)
    or
    Euro Truck Sim 2 - https://www.igdb.com/games/euro-truck-simulator-2 (11 DLC)

A page should be added say https://www.igdb.com/games/euro-truck-simulator-2/dlc

Which has a layout simial to https://store.steampowered.com/dlc/1465360/SnowRunner/#browse

So a vertical list of all the DLC's with the box art and the summary (maybe the website links along side)

Then you can more easily see all the DLC without having to use the arrows to navigate the list.

This can also help karma hunters to easily revise/update data on…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hi,
    when I check my own channel on Twitch, I like to see the colouredful section name something like "Recently broadcast categories" (in Italian "Categorie trasmesse di recente), with all Game Covers from recently streamed games/categories.

Anyway, seeing I bring lot of indie (expecially less less known ones) I often find they have no Game Cover at all related to their category. And they show and ugly grey empty cover box.

But most of them actually can show a Game Cover on IGDB... or if they don't, well I often upload a cover by myself, if I can.

The fact…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!
    Thanks for reaching out. This has been an ongoing request, and an obvious fit for IGDB and Twitch.

A separate team within Twitch has this planned. We (IGDB) do have covers as a high data priority and are indeed ready to power Twitch with those covers :)

Stay tuned for future Twitch announcements :)

12. Besides the confusion with genres and themes (and things being really blanket), it would be great if people upvote or downvote genres to video games instead of how it is currently, where users can add whatever genres/tags they want with moderation, which leads to Steam/IGDB tags that don't really help for having users find similar games.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. This feels topical...

So, when an entry/game submission or edit is rejected and discarded, it's kind of all-or-nothing. If one major thing is wrong with the edit, often the entire submission has to be rejected, just for practical reasons.

It might be beneficial if Admins had the option to select sections of a submission to reject, like Title renames, content deletion, or bad cover art changes while the rest can be approved without the entire entry to be resubmitted..

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That is absolutely correct, and the right way to have in the long term.
    It is however a very complex and time consuming engineering project, and has been postponed due to priority and need to have basis.

That we’ll eventually tackle it is likely, but not in the near future.

14. There is already a wealth of video types one can choose from when uploading a video related to a game, but commercials for a game are not included. These commercials often give an insight into the culture of the era in which the game was released, or occasionally have some lore or culture of their own.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!
    Good news! We discussed this internally, and thought it would indeed be a great addition!

We’ll be adding a new category for our videos labeled Commercial Trailer.

We’ll be in touch once it’s done and live! Thanks again for the suggestion :)

15. I feel like there should be a general category for certain series. Such as Zelda, Mario, Megaman, RE, Digimon all under one catergory instead of individual games(unless they are a new). IGDB already implements this under what they call "Collections."

What do you think? People who play older titles but are a part of said series' community would be more in their line of audience. It's better than having them spread out in random places like Retro or Just Chatting. So instead of having massive communities around certain games, whether they are thriving or dying, you can have a continuous…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. By showing the version title, it would be easier to know which version is which for games with the same name in different versions. It could be shown in front of the release date.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Currently, only actual Bundle pages appear to display titles included. It would be helpful if those individual titles also displayed the collections and bundles they are included in.

Discord: https://discordapp.com/channels/114736716505546761/458320386275409964/713862339291775096

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. As I make changes to entries on existing titles in the database, the Karma Hunters Contributions listing focuses on entries that are Missing Covers or box art entirely. This omits entries that have been uploaded from Steam that display in 600x900 and do not adhere to the 3:4 ratio that would display in the Twitch category. It would be great to see a global breakdown of those that are in error so they can be addressed by the community.

https://www.igdb.com/karma_hunters

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please close the Toontown Online Category and bring back the Toontown Rewritten Category. Toontown Online should be the one to get removed as that game closed September 19, 2013. Toontown Rewritten is still going strong and had people switching over from the old one.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I'd like for twitch to make a category for Genma Onimusha. Onimusha Warlords got re-release in 2002 known as Genma Onimusha. I saw almost all Onimusha games but this.

This game is exclusive to Xbox and can be played in Xbox360 as backward compatible.

There is been a lot of misunderstanding on this game when I reached out IGDB to amend changes. I was told to reach out here via UserVoice, If I want this game to have its own category in twitch.

Although, I also want to stress and clarify that this game is not a port but a…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?