Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

IGDB

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

IGDB

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

342 results found

1. Allow fetching detail rating breakdowns; ie the data that drives the below image on the website;

https://www.igdb.com/games/horizon-zero-dawn-complete-edition/rating_breakdown.svg

The level of detail presented in the chart is sufficient, ie, number of ratings at each level of ratings, example output below;

{
    "ratings": [
    {
    "ratingname": "Superb",
    "rating
    count": 10,
    "ratingvalue": 10
    },
    {
    "rating
    name": "Great",
    "ratingcount": 100,
    "rating
    value": 9
    },
    {
    "ratingname": "Good",
    "rating
    count": 1000,
    "ratingvalue": 8
    },
    {
    "rating
    name": "etc",
    "ratingcount": 120,
    "rating
    value": 7
    }
    ]
    }

Other note: underscores for italic formatting is annoying. :)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. ELSPA was the rating system used in EU before the PEGI system replaced it.

Degrees of ratings can be found here:
    https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Parents/Age-Rating/The-ratings-system-for-older-games/ELSPA-rating/ELSPA-rating-854931.html

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! We have decided that it would be very interesting to have the ELSPA ratings on IGDB and we would like to add it in the near future. We we probably bundle a couple of new age ratings together and add it sometime next year. 

3. 6% of males and ~0.4% females have color blindness. A good number of games feature a colorblind mode (Forza 5 for instance). Many don't and have nearly unplayable sections as a result.
    When I'm looking for a game, one of my greatest concerns is with color-coded information. If it exists, I need to see it in action, and if it's red-green or any other combination that is a problem, I need to know if I can change it. If I can't change it, I'll usually pass.

Some examples:
    RTSs sometimes use red and green icons on minimaps - literally any…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

This is a great suggestion thank you! Actually the timing couldn't be more ideal, as we are in fact investigating how we could tackle accessibility data in games, which would cover Colour Blindness of course. 

This might be a long process (no ETA unfortunately), but something we are very interested in indeed :) 

Thank you!

4. Add an owned/collected button and list like the currently existing playing, played and want buttons but for games that the user owns but has not played yet

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Can you please add a posibillity to see in the database somehow visually games that you marked as "completed, voted, or played''

Its gonna help to look trough games that you haven't tried yet.

So - i go to the database, see all the games, but the games i completed i can se marked as 'completed' or somehow else - different color, or badged.

i think a lot of people would appreciate it!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there! Good suggestion thank you!
    that sounds like it would be a good fit for a List feature improvement indeed.
    Keeping that one in mind! Thanks!

6. This might sound redundant, but perhaps is would be beneficial to make the Status of a entries "Released" or "In-development" instead of leaving it blank for this development state.

It appears rather common people confuse the terms of Alpha, Beta. etc. for something they need to fill out without understanding what those states are, marking a fully released title as an "Alpha", or leaving a title in perpetual "Early Access" after the full release. Contrary to all other data points of an entry, this is the only one it's encouraged to be left blank, while new users feel compelled to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! This is not a bad idea, however it is going to be a bit hard to do that with our current set up for statuses. We are worried that it might cause confusion for some contributors that are working on games or adding games that are between stages where "in development" and "released" won't apply. So we would need to think about how to expand this feature carefully before taking action. We will investigate further on this topic. Thanks!

7. I have been a huge fan of your site and contributed with game additions. The prospect of having a fully functional and well supported IMDB for games was such a great idea. Unfortunately, since Twitch took over the platform, everything has come to a halt and It seems like Twitch only bought the site and it's userbase and never had any intend of developing the site further. Apps are no longer worked on, the site is buggy and you cannot even maintain a wishlist without any technical issues. It's a shame really to see this potential and love of every…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Heya! Thank you for the honest feedback, it does mean a lot and we totally understand such frustrations. I can add some context on where IGDB is at the moment, but first i can say that it is absolutely still our plan to return to the website development and just like you the team is very eager to improve on the potential it has :)

An acquisition is a complex matter from an engineering perspective, from months prior the public announcement we had set deadlines to migrate infrastructure, services, security systems etc.. to align with our new teams. That took significant time and effort, during which we had to put development of the website on hold beyond basic maintenance (unfortunately). Once done we decided to focus on growth of our core product as a database. Which is why the main product updates we made have been around our contributing users,…

8. It would be great if the API returned which company worked on which platform, for example Company A worked on platforms X, Y and Company B on platform Z. This information is visible on the edit page on IGDB, but not via the API (should presumably be included in the "involved companies" endpoint).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. This one I never really considered until I came across multiple good examples, and they are a step above Tiger Electronics games.

Plug-and-Play TV Games, or Handheld TV Games were cheap, "toy-isle" games that hooked up directly to a TV to play one-off titles, coming with a cheap controller or even a light-gun.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handheld_TV_game

TMNT examples:
    http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/tmnt/tmnt13.htm

I wouldn't look to add each and every one as a Platform, but a generic "Plug-and-Play" Platform like the legacy Mobile Platform could help give these a Platform to live on.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!

We looked into this and thought it was a good fit for sure. We might end up tackling this at the same time as better handling of similar platforms such as Tiger electronics.

Thanks!

10. Just like itch.io, there are lots of games are available on gamejolt.com. So, please add this feature where I can add Gamejolt link as a store. Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Currently keywords are just a dumping ground for any word or phrase that is somewhat related to a game.

Perhaps what is needed is a re-definition or splitting up of keywords into:

Game mechanics (keywords)
    Atmospheric/visual (keywords)
    Player character (keywords)
    Other/Minor (keywords)

Let's take the "rain" keyword for example. Currently there are 310 games with this keyword assigned. These games feature rain to various degrees for various purposes:

Gameplay: Rain (Game) - a core mechanic where your character is invisible unless they stand in the rain.
    Atmospheric: Deadly Premonition - it rains for most of the game, and the raincoat…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would help with searching for specific kinds of games and I'll make sure to help with sorting games into these categories since I've made my own sites about such games.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. A rating breakdown for your own scores, it could be the same rating breakdown as seen on game pages.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Creat lists that you can share with others.
    For example “list of all new e3 games”

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Pretty arbitrary, but I have an issue finding another Theme that properly catagorizes titles like Wii Fit or Dance Dance Revolution

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. More websites for companies, Twitch profile, Youtube, Discord, etc.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. One of the things that really confuses me about IGDB is that I often have interactions with IGDB admins that make me wonder if they know Twitch isn't paying me to work for IGDB.

IGDB admins have repeatedly been very snappy with me when I make several contributions to the database, and have gone out of their way to make it obvious how annoyed they are with me. So let me spell it out louder for the people in the back,

You are the ones who are being paid. I'm taking my free time to submit information to make this…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Played the game? No = skip to next, Yes = rate and confirm to proceed to the next.
    I don't want to search one by one the 400 games i've played. If you guys can make it personalized based on games already rated, even better.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Añadan a Kritika Survivor a la Categoría de Juegos, Gracias.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hello!
    I've been working on a project wrapping the IGDB API into Rust language code:

https://github.com/yurypcf/igdb

It's a open source project, and it's working pretty well.
    I'm planning to contribute consistently. I'd appreciate a documentation update in the section WRAPPERS of the IGDB official API reference with the project repository. Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?