Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

IGDB

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

IGDB

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

342 results found

1. Having compatibility for games being if the game is Steam Deck Verified, Playable, Unsupported, or Unknown

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Some games share additional content such as DLC, Expansions, Packs/Addons, Updates, Seasons, and Mods with ports of their game or sequels. While this would be a limited specific use case it will allow content pages to be shared between titles and limiting duplicates.

A great example is Minecraft. The latest update for Minecraft, the 1.19 Wild Update appears twice on IGDB. Once for the original Minecraft: Java Edition and another for the port Minecraft: Bedrock Edition. These two pages contain the same content and there isn't much of a reason for it to be separate.

Java: https://www.igdb.com/games/minecraft-the-wild-update
    Bedrock: https://www.igdb.com/games/minecraft-the-wild-update--1

Another…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A bit of a smaller suggestion, but I think it's a pretty vital one. The storyline description functions as a hook of sorts that attracts players to the game, just as much as the Description and Screenshot sections. I find it counterintuitive that the storyline is buried all the way to the bottom of the page... it should be more visible, in my opinion. i.e. both physical game boxes and game pages on online storefronts like PSN or Steam have game descriptions, storyline descriptions , and images all located close together because they're all important aspects to pull gamers in.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I think that while it's great that contributers can add a label to each image, it would vastly improve the image database if there were dedicated sections/categories to put specific types of images, and therefore allow specific categories of images to be called and viewed. Some databases such as MobyGames (ex. https://www.mobygames.com/game/ps2/silent-hill-2/cover-art) and screenscraper (ex. https://www.screenscraper.fr/gameinfos.php?gameid=5441&action=onglet&zone=gameinfosmedias) have such categories, and I think that having dedicated sections to put images such as rear cover, CD labels, spines, logos and Title Screens would be an extremely important part of preserving game information, especially older physical titles. I know it's a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. An option to add owned games and when you add a bundle their games are added to the list of owned games. Games should have a subcategory in the list preview for DLC's and extras, not a game entity. This would make a list readable for the user.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Deferred  ·  0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add an option to the /advanced_search to filter something out, like a platform. This way people can more easily find platform exclusives.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When you filter by alphabetical order or Rating or release date the list is different but the number of pages does not change.
    An example is PS1 since the alphabetical order A - Z page 54 ends up in the letter D and from Z - A page 54 ends up in the S. Which means that games with initials E to R do not appear in alphabetical order however in other orders they appear and others do not Final Fantasy VII appears in the order by Rating but not by Release Date or Alphabetical

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A new game type "Expanded Bundle. I have run into a couple of situations now where a game bundles a couple of older games within it's new release. Right now they usually sit as a main game, since the new content falls under a new game, but adding this would allow us to link the bundled games additionally to reduce confusion.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Currently, IGDB provides all the current CERO age ratings [A, B, C, D, Z], but not the pre-March of 2006 ratings [ALL, 12, 15, 18], which the organization still considers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I often omit the endings of titles from the Storyline section to prevent posting spoilers, but I realize I'm not everyone. Generally I feel if people are just looking for more info on the game, why play it if you already know how it's going to turn out?

I'd love to see a section you could add or highlight sections of a plot in Storyline that might be best hiddened for new users, rather than a full block of the field.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When you click on the personalize button on the home page, there is no Playstation 5 or Xbox Series XS options there. It should be there?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! Yes that is absolutely correct the new gen platform should be there.
    We’ll take a look into that, thank you for pointing it out!

13. Currently the IGDB is only a database of video games but is the canonical source of twitch's game list. It should include all games if it wants to be called the IGDB and not IVGDB. This includes board and card games that do not have a digital version. This choice on the data front results in non-digital games all having to be lumped into the broad board game category and having to push for individual inclusion. Either make all video games jump through the same hoops or make IGDB live up to its name.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

Understandable about the naming expectation, but i can confirm that at this point in time, and the near future at least IGDB is strictly focused on video games.

Few reasons for this:
    - Coming up with video game taxonomy to set industry standard is already a monument of a task, and it makes sense for us to narrow down this goal by excluding board games, card games and other physical types.
    - Twitch does have some very unique use cases beyond video games, which is why there is a distinction in being the database that powers Twitch’s gaming need, rather than being Twitch’s database itself. Our data being used by many more services than Twitch alone, we remain focused right now on video games.

It’s totally possible that in a long term vision we start tackling taxonomy of non-video game products, but likely not in the near future…

14. Games' ratings may be skewed or conflicting if they have wildly different ports.

For example, "The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning" has its console ports, which are fundamentally the same, but it also has a 2D side-scroller port for GBA, and an isometric port for DS; both vary greatly (especially the GBA port) from the console release. Another example is Shrek 2, where the PC port is effectively an entirely different game from the console ports (and the matching PC port was called "Shrek 2: Team Action!")

Metacritic already separates game ratings by every port, and imo that's how…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

You are 100% correct on this :) We would consider the GBA, DS, and DS releases as Ports in the sense they deserve their own pages on IGDB so they can be rated & reviewed individually.

This is indeed a perfect example for ports. In this case it’s simply that we haven’t got around to split the releases and clean up the data.

Thanks for pointing it out, we’ll get right on it!

Dropping the link to our guidelines Ports just in case as well: https://github.com/twitchtv/igdb-contribution-guidelines/wiki/Game-Types

15. There is a variety of arcade games on IGDB, but there is no differentiation between the different arcade hardware. For example, Chunithm and maimai Finale are both on IGDB under the platform of simply "Arcade", despite Chunithm running on the Sega Nu 1.1 board, while maimai Finale runs on the Sega RingEdge 2.

While there are a lot of platforms that would have to be added should this change be made, I do believe that this change follows the mission of IGDB, as the website strives to be a collection of all relevant information for a game, and there are…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It's an interesting data point and it might be worth having in the future. However, before adding more in-depth data we want to update our platform page and make sure that the data structure is solid. After that we think it would be worth looking into additional Arcade platforms and differences as well. Thanks!

16. In addition to box art, id love to see the actual game cart / disc label hosted. Actual carts themselves could be problematic as scan/photo/image quality would vary wildy, but if we could have high quality representations of the label, it could be simple to add to a clean template cartridge to display. See how screenscraper does it under the label heading for an example of what i mean: https://www.screenscraper.fr/gameinfos.php?plateforme=14&gameid=5441

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be good to have some preset options for screenshot descriptions, like Alternative Names have (and still maintain the possibility of adding a custom description).

The main suggestions I have are:

• Title screen (I use this one all the time)
    • In-game screenshot
    • Main menu
    • Opening screenshot
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! We think this is a fantastic idea and follow the patterns we have for videos which indeed improves the consistency. We have made a ticket and will try to work on this as soon as possible. Thanks!

18. Since there are reasons for duplicated not been removed quickly, I suggest providing a way to quickly link from a duplicate to it's original. I.e. Game Type as duplicate. This would have the added benefit of adding duplicates to the standard changes queue

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Very happy to see Delisted added to the Status options. If possible, it would be nice to also allow for documenting the date in which a title was removed from online storefronts, similar to how Offline Status allows users to document the date online functionality was shut down.

However, even when documented, Offline Status's Date does not currently show on the standard entry page, so this probably is a double request in that case.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I wasn't sure what to use for this and I think that's the point. Puzzle titles like Tetris, Pong, Breakout, and the like are very hard to define in terms of a Theme based on the choices available.

An Abstract Theme might be the best case in these situations.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! We talked about adding this theme, and we all agreed that it's a good idea. We just have to write clear guidelines around it. We are looking to add this as soon as possible. Thanks!

1 2 5 7 9 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?