Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

IGDB

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

IGDB

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

348 results found

1. Iruna Online is a mobile game that been out over 8years since 2013 and Iruna online has it in the twitch game categories but has no box art at all and I have a perfect box art for it but I don't know how to apply it or upload it to you, please apply a box art for Iruna Online cuz it doesn't have one at all

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When you filter by alphabetical order or Rating or release date the list is different but the number of pages does not change.
    An example is PS1 since the alphabetical order A - Z page 54 ends up in the letter D and from Z - A page 54 ends up in the S. Which means that games with initials E to R do not appear in alphabetical order however in other orders they appear and others do not Final Fantasy VII appears in the order by Rating but not by Release Date or Alphabetical

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Arcade or console games usually have an internal serial
    e.g. http://redump.org/discs/system/naomi/

And different port of the same game would have its unique serial on different platforms

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API Suggestion  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I'm currently working on a project where any (eventual) users of my app will (with their consent) be parsing their game libraries and providing data where it's missing in igdb, I'd like to be able to post this data via my app to your database.

Obviously, I'm not expecting to be able to post directly, but the ability to log contribution requests via POST commands would be good.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API Suggestion  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow fetching detail rating breakdowns; ie the data that drives the below image on the website;

https://www.igdb.com/games/horizon-zero-dawn-complete-edition/rating_breakdown.svg

The level of detail presented in the chart is sufficient, ie, number of ratings at each level of ratings, example output below;

{
    "ratings": [
    {
    "ratingname": "Superb",
    "rating
    count": 10,
    "ratingvalue": 10
    },
    {
    "rating
    name": "Great",
    "ratingcount": 100,
    "rating
    value": 9
    },
    {
    "ratingname": "Good",
    "rating
    count": 1000,
    "ratingvalue": 8
    },
    {
    "rating
    name": "etc",
    "ratingcount": 120,
    "rating
    value": 7
    }
    ]
    }

Other note: underscores for italic formatting is annoying. :)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I think the "Want" and "Playing" options are good as they can get, but when it comes to "Played", I think it should be more than that.
    * There are games that I've beaten and/or completed
    * There are games that I started to play, but then I stopped playing and won't get back
    * There are games that I started to play, and took a break from, but I'm planning to get back to them eventually

I don't know the best way to present these buttons on the game pages. For example, when you click the "Played" button, then…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Deferred  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. There's already a request for logos and I would like to add this request for icons, like the ones used for the game shortcuts.
    It is common for computer games to have them, and some other platforms have icons of the games in some places (like on the memory card management system).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Just like we have websites like Wikipedia and Wikia, Google Arts and Culture also have info pertaining to games.

Example: https://artsandculture.google.com/asset/video-game-super-nintendo-super-mario-world-nintendo/aQG4PR61zCQHRA?hl=en&avm=4

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is very interesting but comes with a few issues, such as: The library isn't massive (right now) so not all games will have a link that can be added. In addition, they seem to separate for example the PlayStation and Xbox versions of the same game and then it will be hard to know what link to add where. We're going to hold off on this one for now, but could potentially be interesting in the future especially if the library grows.

10. ELSPA was the rating system used in EU before the PEGI system replaced it.

Degrees of ratings can be found here:
    https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Parents/Age-Rating/The-ratings-system-for-older-games/ELSPA-rating/ELSPA-rating-854931.html

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! We have decided that it would be very interesting to have the ELSPA ratings on IGDB and we would like to add it in the near future. We we probably bundle a couple of new age ratings together and add it sometime next year. 

11. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. While this may need a bit of oversight, there are some extremely good examples of documentaries or historical breakdowns of game releases and/or even controversies. These are topics that are not generally covered in the official trailers or dev logs, or even gameplay videos. These videos can lay out a history of why some titles are cancelled, or overhauled, or have a troubled history outside of the game itself.

Examples:

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Deferred  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. If you make a version, or port of the game, the majortiy of things like categorization, series, cover are likely to be the same. It actually deters people from creating new versions by not providing a function like this as a template

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. A new game type "Expanded Bundle. I have run into a couple of situations now where a game bundles a couple of older games within it's new release. Right now they usually sit as a main game, since the new content falls under a new game, but adding this would allow us to link the bundled games additionally to reduce confusion.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. https://api.igdb.com/v4/age_rating_content_descriptions has some unkown category enums like 58 and 50 for the ids, 13505 and 13506

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API Bug Report  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Feedback...
    Have been using the site for a few weeks to compile release lists. There are some pros and cons to consider vs Metacritic and other sources.
    Games are frequently missing from search and upcoming releases. These tend to be smaller titles such as Vincemus - Air Combat (a WWII aerial combat game on Steam that at time of writing has sub100 followers according to Steamdb.)
    Other titles have missing platform associations, such as Catie in Meowmeowland which was missing PS4/5 and Xbox O/S/X, and similarly Weird West was assigned last gen PS4 and next gen Xbox S|X but missing…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Is it possible to add Metacritic, PC Gamer and IGN review scores to every game?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hi,

I'm having issues with the APIs Pagination features. When making the following call the last item on the list of games is 'Pokemon Silver':

request search "Pokemon";f id,name,cover.image_id,aggregated_rating,aggregated_rating_count,first_release_date,summary;l 20;w version_parent = null&category = 0;

I then make this second call to get the second page of items, which returns 'Pokemon Silver' as the first result:

search "Pokemon";f id,name,cover.image_id,aggregated_rating,aggregated_rating_count,first_release_date,summary;l 20;o 20;w version_parent = null&category = 0;

At first I thought this was an issue with the offset, but if I search for another term it works okay. Any ideas what may be causing this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API Bug Report  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Game of Blocks is a PvP board game built on the blockchain. The game involves playing with other players and conquer its land. Players can win lands with their engagement in the game.
    We have 10+ streamers up to 300k followered on twitch who are going to stream around the game in March 2022. Could you please add a game category for it?
    We’d love viewers to easily discover around the game after the stream which is also for the best of the content creators’ efforts.
    Here’s the game website:https://www.gameofblocks.io/
    Here’s the game twitter:https://twitter.com/game_of_blocks
    Sorry that it’s urgent,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Currently, IGDB provides all the current CERO age ratings [A, B, C, D, Z], but not the pre-March of 2006 ratings [ALL, 12, 15, 18], which the organization still considers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?