Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

IGDB

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

IGDB

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

342 results found

1. It seems rather common that users want to post the release dates and other info into the original releases of titles, such as Ports, Bundles, Remakes and Remasters, when these points have already been documented in the respective entries.

While you will almost certainly never fully eliminate this, I feel a large portion of it has to do with people not realizing the entries exist, and often need to scroll down to areas they may not frequent as often to notice the options exist.

I would suggest possibly moving these sections for Ports, Remakes, Bundles, etc. into the same area…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I'd like a way to link releases and publishers. For instance, a game might have been published by Midway in North America and Taito in Japan. Right now there's no way to distinguish such information, and both appear as publishers with no additional information. Also, a game might have been published by different companies at different times on the same platform - this would also be helpful to be able to differentiate.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Have the ability to add links to the Internet Archive where older games can be streamed legally.
    Example: https://archive.org/details/sammax_dos

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Deferred  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. These types of trailers are common for fighting games and even games like Overwatch had them back in the day.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! We think this is a great idea, and wouldn't be hard to do. It's indeed a good way to mark all those character trailers (there are a lot of them). We have put this in our backlog and will try to get to it as soon as possible. Thanks!

5. Very happy to see Delisted added to the Status options. If possible, it would be nice to also allow for documenting the date in which a title was removed from online storefronts, similar to how Offline Status allows users to document the date online functionality was shut down.

However, even when documented, Offline Status's Date does not currently show on the standard entry page, so this probably is a double request in that case.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. On game pages we have "follow" button, would be nice to have same button for companies/publishers, to receive info about upcoming games/releases.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! Thanks for the suggestion, there’s some good opportunity there indeed.

We have plans (and needs) to redo how we handle companies, but we also need to rethink how Follows are handled. Right now even follows on game page are underused in terms of potential.

Definitely to be put in consideration when we revisit Companies. Thanks!

7. IGDB frequently logout me on mobile browser (firefox for android), after day or two, sometimes more.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Investigating  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. IGDB have ability to export your data, which is greate, and it would be nice to have a way to import this exported data back to your account.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

Could you clarity what do you mean by data in this case, is it to do with the lists and ratings in particular?

Curious to learn more about such a use case, is there a particular need to re-upload the exported CSV or Excel document rather than use the website?

Thanks!

9. I was trying to add credits for a game I developed myself, but we have no youtube video showing the credits. I think there should be another method of verification for entered credits e.g. websites or some kind of verification of the credibility of the editor.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Heya!

Our end credits is one of the oldest feature we have on the site and indeed could use some additional improvements.
    Unfortunately this isn’t currently planned to revisit it in the short term.

We do however intend to explore ways to differentiate game developers from regular users which could also help such use cases.

Thanks!

10. Maybe this is just me, but I almost always miss something when I edit, update or submit a New Game, and never see it until I see the full list of changes on the Pending Submission page.

It might help to have an "Are you sure?" page between Previewing all Changes and Submit/Update.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There’s a good suggestion here, although it could also add some friction. In particular for users doing a lot of edits in a row.

Adding a page between would add extra pages and clicks, making the contribution flow slower.

I would picture more like having a recap visible at all times through in the sidebar maybe, somewhat like an online store shopping cart (-Cover, Keywords X2, Genre, Screenshots X5 etc..).

11. I wasn't sure what to use for this and I think that's the point. Puzzle titles like Tetris, Pong, Breakout, and the like are very hard to define in terms of a Theme based on the choices available.

An Abstract Theme might be the best case in these situations.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! We talked about adding this theme, and we all agreed that it's a good idea. We just have to write clear guidelines around it. We are looking to add this as soon as possible. Thanks!

12. Hi,
    when I check my own channel on Twitch, I like to see the colouredful section name something like "Recently broadcast categories" (in Italian "Categorie trasmesse di recente), with all Game Covers from recently streamed games/categories.

Anyway, seeing I bring lot of indie (expecially less less known ones) I often find they have no Game Cover at all related to their category. And they show and ugly grey empty cover box.

But most of them actually can show a Game Cover on IGDB... or if they don't, well I often upload a cover by myself, if I can.

The fact…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!
    Thanks for reaching out. This has been an ongoing request, and an obvious fit for IGDB and Twitch.

A separate team within Twitch has this planned. We (IGDB) do have covers as a high data priority and are indeed ready to power Twitch with those covers :)

Stay tuned for future Twitch announcements :)

13. Hi,
    recently a super-admin had to merge two games wich actually was the same game, which just changed name and modality meantime.

In the fact I'm talking about Pagan Online (Action-RPG MMO) which became Pagan Absent Gods (Action-RPG Single Player).

While before they were registered as two different games, with two different pages, now they got merged as single page on Pagan Online's page (renaming the game), marking Pagan Absent Gods' old page as dupicate.

The consequences of the merging, anyway, are doubtful, because:

• In IGDB website: if you search both for Pagan Online or for Pagan: Absent Gods, you…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search & Discover  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Simple as. While they should adhere to guidelines, users should be able to opt for which box art they prefer on IGDB. Doing so would not only be preferable for some who prefer some art over another, but would also fleshen out the Database by letting users see which artwork corresponds to which region.

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Heya!

There’s absolutely a need for multiple covers as a data point, we hear you :) Let’s clarify what this could mean in the near future:

One thing that we are currently looking at is expanding data for Localization, and covers are an obvious fit for this. However it’s worth pointing that Localized cover and additional cover might not mean the same thing. For example offering the Japanese specific cover doesn’t mean having multiple variant for it (different artworks, logo style, dimensions etc..).

We will start with Localization, which will help provide API users more options for their own communities. And as a second step from there we would begin looking at how to offer multiple variant of a single regional cover so that users may pick & choose.

Hope this helps!

15. The TI-84 Graphing calculator can play certain video games and some made exclusive for it. I don't see why it couldn't be on IGDB.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. This might sound redundant, but perhaps is would be beneficial to make the Status of a entries "Released" or "In-development" instead of leaving it blank for this development state.

It appears rather common people confuse the terms of Alpha, Beta. etc. for something they need to fill out without understanding what those states are, marking a fully released title as an "Alpha", or leaving a title in perpetual "Early Access" after the full release. Contrary to all other data points of an entry, this is the only one it's encouraged to be left blank, while new users feel compelled to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! This is not a bad idea, however it is going to be a bit hard to do that with our current set up for statuses. We are worried that it might cause confusion for some contributors that are working on games or adding games that are between stages where "in development" and "released" won't apply. So we would need to think about how to expand this feature carefully before taking action. We will investigate further on this topic. Thanks!

17. Besides the confusion with genres and themes (and things being really blanket), it would be great if people upvote or downvote genres to video games instead of how it is currently, where users can add whatever genres/tags they want with moderation, which leads to Steam/IGDB tags that don't really help for having users find similar games.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In lists, I see that you can export those lists into csv files. However, when I go to view them, they don't have the user's personal rating, which I feel like is an important data point if someone wants to see their lists.

Essentially, this request is for a new column alongside the average user rating called "Personal Rating".

If no personal rating exists, it can either be 0 or empty.

Thank you for all your hard work!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Adding filter options to lists would be great. For example, if I want to filter a list to check only a specific genre, series or franchise, for example.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Lists  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be the desireable behaviour from a database like this to treat equally to all the information but in this case Unreal Engine seems to be in privilegie in Twich and here appearing as "a person" and also a engine, a game itself and everywhere else... Not the same case as the others.

In this case Godot Engine is a game itself done with itself... Yeah Godot is a "game" done in Godot Engine... It would be seen as Core in UE (wich is also there in the list, surprise)

It would be good for equality that all users…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

Sorry not sure i fully grasp the issue at hand. Currently Twitch does not ingest game engine data from IGDB. So if there is a tag existing for UE that isn’t coming from IGDB.

As a database we do indeed try to be as neutral as possible, and all the engine data we have connected to games get the same treatment in the form of a discovery profile page.
    Here’s the one for Godot Engine: https://www.igdb.com/game_engines/godot-engine

If you have more info on it please feel free to contribute to it, as all of IGDB is user contributable :)

Thanks!

1 2 8 10 12 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?