Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

IGDB

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

IGDB

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

349 results found

1. Currently, IGDB provides all the current CERO age ratings [A, B, C, D, Z], but not the pre-March of 2006 ratings [ALL, 12, 15, 18], which the organization still considers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 6% of males and ~0.4% females have color blindness. A good number of games feature a colorblind mode (Forza 5 for instance). Many don't and have nearly unplayable sections as a result.
    When I'm looking for a game, one of my greatest concerns is with color-coded information. If it exists, I need to see it in action, and if it's red-green or any other combination that is a problem, I need to know if I can change it. If I can't change it, I'll usually pass.

Some examples:
    RTSs sometimes use red and green icons on minimaps - literally any…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

This is a great suggestion thank you! Actually the timing couldn't be more ideal, as we are in fact investigating how we could tackle accessibility data in games, which would cover Colour Blindness of course. 

This might be a long process (no ETA unfortunately), but something we are very interested in indeed :) 

Thank you!

3. Heya, When I logged in to IGDB with Twitch just now (first time user), I was redirected to id.twitch.tv, which is 404ing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The remake of work, Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer (IGDB ID: 78341, NDS Shiren) appears on Twitch, but the original, Fushigi no Dungeon 2: Furai no Shiren (IGDB ID: 103496, original Shiren), is registered with IGDB but does not appear on Twitch. NDS Shiren is not just a port, it's a completely new remake, and there's no way original Shiren can be broadcast under the NDS Shiren category.
    Twitch shows other remakes, but why doesn't it show Shiren? The reason may be that it's considered an alternative to other games, as shown on the following page.
    https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/adding-a-game-and-box-art-to-the-directory?language=en_US
    Even if it's…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I often omit the endings of titles from the Storyline section to prevent posting spoilers, but I realize I'm not everyone. Generally I feel if people are just looking for more info on the game, why play it if you already know how it's going to turn out?

I'd love to see a section you could add or highlight sections of a plot in Storyline that might be best hiddened for new users, rather than a full block of the field.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would like to get suggestions based on what my friends are currently playing. Just a section that says what my friends are playing, not the whole discover thing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. right now you can see games in a specific month or a specific year. But you can't search by a exact day regardless what year, like today in history in mobygames https://www.mobygames.com/stats/this-day. I think you have all the data, just need add some buttons. Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I submitted a game prologue, which was rejected because it was a demo.

However, I marked that game as "played" before it was rejected. Now, I have a ghost "played" game, whose existence is given away by the game count.

I would like to be able to remove that "ghost" game from the list, but it is not visible in the list, and I don't know its IGDB ID, so I cannot forge an API request to remove it from the list.

A simpler fix would be NOT to count "ghost" games when counting the number of games in a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add an owned/collected button and list like the currently existing playing, played and want buttons but for games that the user owns but has not played yet

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It is my understanding that you are planning to implement a system where multiple cover-arts can be uploaded. This is a good start, but I strongly suggest you consider allowing the defaults (those shown on the IGDB page to logged out users, and those shown on Twitch) to be selected on a case-by-case basis. Factors such as popularity in differing regions and how the game is represented need to be taken into account, for example there are games that, though they released in the US, never received any sizable following there whereas they did elsewhere. To only allow US box…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I actually like the new placeholder image for missing covers on entries, however, the same image will show for pending uploads to new covers while the system caches the preview. This can be confusing to new users that don't understand they simply need to wait for their submission to upload before it displays. A separate "preview pending" image would help to communicate this to new users.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Seeing as though Roblox is starting to be a sort of platform for games as opposed to being just a game itself, I think it would make sense to categorize games that run under Roblox (such as Bad Business, Phantom Forces, etc.) separately from Roblox itself. This is purely for game-tracking purposes in game-tracking services that use IGDB as their database.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add the number of pending changes on the "You Changes" page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Have a non-custom list like want/playing/played that lists all companies you have added as favourite.
    The icon could be present in the company pages.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be very nice to have the images of the platform work in the API. I don't mean the logos, I mean the wide image that displays the console in its entirety. Maybe add it as Platform Images or something like that.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Can you please add a posibillity to see in the database somehow visually games that you marked as "completed, voted, or played''

Its gonna help to look trough games that you haven't tried yet.

So - i go to the database, see all the games, but the games i completed i can se marked as 'completed' or somehow else - different color, or badged.

i think a lot of people would appreciate it!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there! Good suggestion thank you!
    that sounds like it would be a good fit for a List feature improvement indeed.
    Keeping that one in mind! Thanks!

17. When you click on the personalize button on the home page, there is no Playstation 5 or Xbox Series XS options there. It should be there?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! Yes that is absolutely correct the new gen platform should be there.
    We’ll take a look into that, thank you for pointing it out!

18. Currently the IGDB is only a database of video games but is the canonical source of twitch's game list. It should include all games if it wants to be called the IGDB and not IVGDB. This includes board and card games that do not have a digital version. This choice on the data front results in non-digital games all having to be lumped into the broad board game category and having to push for individual inclusion. Either make all video games jump through the same hoops or make IGDB live up to its name.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

Understandable about the naming expectation, but i can confirm that at this point in time, and the near future at least IGDB is strictly focused on video games.

Few reasons for this:
    - Coming up with video game taxonomy to set industry standard is already a monument of a task, and it makes sense for us to narrow down this goal by excluding board games, card games and other physical types.
    - Twitch does have some very unique use cases beyond video games, which is why there is a distinction in being the database that powers Twitch’s gaming need, rather than being Twitch’s database itself. Our data being used by many more services than Twitch alone, we remain focused right now on video games.

It’s totally possible that in a long term vision we start tackling taxonomy of non-video game products, but likely not in the near future…

19. There are many games that ended up becoming a different game, or with prototypes so different from the official release that deserve a main entry in the database, but now there's no right way to link them (the datatypes now don't match this description, and the versions are likely to be used only to editions). A few wxamples:

EarthBound 64 / Mother 3
    Gimmick Land / Tomato Adventure
    Donkey Kong Racing / Sabreman Stampede
    Rayman SNES / Rayman

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Games' ratings may be skewed or conflicting if they have wildly different ports.

For example, "The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning" has its console ports, which are fundamentally the same, but it also has a 2D side-scroller port for GBA, and an isometric port for DS; both vary greatly (especially the GBA port) from the console release. Another example is Shrek 2, where the PC port is effectively an entirely different game from the console ports (and the matching PC port was called "Shrek 2: Team Action!")

Metacritic already separates game ratings by every port, and imo that's how…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

You are 100% correct on this :) We would consider the GBA, DS, and DS releases as Ports in the sense they deserve their own pages on IGDB so they can be rated & reviewed individually.

This is indeed a perfect example for ports. In this case it’s simply that we haven’t got around to split the releases and clean up the data.

Thanks for pointing it out, we’ll get right on it!

Dropping the link to our guidelines Ports just in case as well: https://github.com/twitchtv/igdb-contribution-guidelines/wiki/Game-Types

• Don't see your idea?