Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

614 results found

1. Hi,

So I had this idea of having a feature where ANY people can request ANY emote to be added to twitch like FFZ or BTTV, and Twitch mods could approve or deny them, but here's the catch. To add an emote you need to pay let's say 0.20$ and if it gets approved for people who stream or if you wanna add it to your own channel you need to pay 0.05$. 0.03$ goes to the emote creator if somebody buys the emote and 0.02$ to twitch.

ez money if u ask me.

also partners should have it cheaper…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The emote library is a great addition, thank you so much!

As an emote artist it would be great if Moderators and Editors had the ability to upload emotes and manage the live sets, to take the hassle out of handing over regular themed sets, managing replacements/updates, and allowing for more flexibility in switching out the set without having to load this responsibility all on the streamer.

489 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be useful if the following values could be added to each emote:

• Channel Name (e.g. "owner name") - Obviously the name can be retrieved from the "owner id" by doing another API request, but it would be nicer to require fewer API requests
    • Tier - The "Get Channel Emotes" endpoint already contains a "tier" value, it would be nice if this one would also have it

Additionally, not all emote sets appear to be supported by the endpoint. For example the following emote sets (from the "emote-sets" tag and also valid emote sets in the v5 "Get User…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Living in a legal state for marijuana, you should be allowed to have banners, emotes, etc with marijuana related themes. It's a fun way to connect with your chat, whom will enjoy the art and emotes. It harms nobody. You guys allow people to do drinking/drunk streams which is much worse than smoking by far, and we all know that. ~ On that note. We should allow emotes and things like that to have a marijuana related theme.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I think the Emote Library is a fantastic idea. However, it has ruined my ability to upload emotes. The upload limit is current 2 times the amount of sub emote slots you have, plus 10. So for an affiliate that has all 5 of their tier 1 emote slots unlocked, they would have an upload limit of 24 (Five tier 1, one tier 2, and one tier 3 for a total of 7, times 2 is 14, plus 10 is 24). The issue is that this doesn't factor in bit emote slots at all. And I have 21 bit emote…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This idea comes in 2 parts

1. Allow creators to manually adjust the position of emote modifiers for their emotes (Ex. Adjusting the sunglasses modifier to overlap with the eyes of a LUL emote)

2. Allow creators to upload custom modifiers for their emotes that users can select from when redeeming channel points

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The v5 GetUserEmotes does not include bit emotes, follower emotes or animated emotes. This should be updated. Or a new endpoint should be added to Helix to get this information.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When a user connects to IRC, the USERSTATE command gives a emote-sets list, this does not contain unlocked bit emotes and I'm guessing it also doesn't include follower emotes and animated emotes. This should be fixed.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I saw Twitch use my emote "KomodoChomp" that I uploaded to bttv last year to showcase their new sub animated emote feature. Which was cool even though I didn't give them permission to do so.. (I don't own the rights to the images in the emote so I don't care). If twitch ever decides to add Global Animated Emotes to the platform in the future, they have my full endorsement to add KomodoChomp to the roster :) https://betterttv.com/emotes/5f3296d9afb6965d6e7b70a4

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I understand that Having More than 5 emotes for a Tier 1 Subscription is a Twitch Partner benefit. Us non Partnered Streamers ( Affiliate) go through the stress of picking and making the perfect emotes. So, often than not a streamer would have to remove an emote that a part of his or her community enjoys cause the Majority Likes Other Emotes More. It's certain that a portion of people won't Subscribe to a Streamer because they are not fond of their emotes. Solution to this is to let Affiliates upload more than 5 emotes for Tier 1. But the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hello,

As a Twitch Partner getting access to Animated Emotes or .gif Emotes today (6/17/2021) was fantastic. One huge draw that I noticed is that this does not incentivize any subscriber to subscribe at Tier 2 or Tier 3 anymore.

Subscribers now have the most benefits at Tier 1 when all 5 of these slots are placed there.

I would love the opportunity to improve on Sub Emotes by having the ability to move these slots to reward subscribers who donate at a higher tier. This way Subscribers at Tier 2+ do not feel left out. For example: If I…

119 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. https://www.change.org/twitchpride a petition to add more pride hearts to twitch's global emote library :)

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Users in chat get a badge on the day marking the anniversary of their account's creation. (Basically like Reddit Cake Day.)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. If a person donated money to gifting subscriptions to a channel equal to the amount of money needed to cheer bits to unlock emotes. Then the emotes should also unlock. Gifting subs gives twitch and streamer the same percentage of money there is no reason why gifting subs is not also rewarded with the same emotes as bit cheers.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In a perfect world, everyone would be friends and get along. However for various reasons people sometimes leave communities they have earned bit emotes in. Then the bit emotes remain forever as a constant reminder. People should have the ability to remove bit emotes from certain streamers.

403 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Have an option client side so the viewer can choose to only have an animated emote animate, when the mouse is over it.

Could help with emote spam as well as those who are sensitive.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Each stream team can have 5 emotes and each one is unlocked by being a sub to a member of the team. Each new sub to a team member unlocks another emote. Collect all 5 and you unlock a 6th.

For example, if a creator joins a team that has a nice (animated?) raid emote, they can then move their raid emote out of a more prominent spot.

145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hello, I know that the principle of the badge is of a paying nature, but for my idea, I would like to know if twitch could grant the right to create ONLY ONE personalized badge for the followers.

With each new follower, I like to launch a D20 live, and I would like to impose a badge of my creation on the follower who have had the misfortune of falling on the N ° 20 side of the dice.

This is why I would like this feature to be free so that it remains accessible to all, and this badge…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The addition of the Emote Library that is coming soon is a fantastic addition, this is great for solving the issue of disparity between partners and affiliates on emote variety, without undermining the parner program and is a fantastic compromise.

I would like to suggest the addition to the Twitch API to allow for enabling and disabling of active emotes from the Emote library via a privlaged API call from a token with sufficient privlages through oAUTH.

An example of the proposed usecase would be 4 API calls:
    -Activate Emote [Params: Emote ID, (Optional: Emote Slot)]
    -Deactivate Emote by ID…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The new beta test of Follower Emotes is great - and look forward to seeing it widely implemented across the platform.

I think a great idea to help with the community aspect of emotes would be to designate ONE of those follow emotes as a 'raid emote'. Something that all followers could use when you raid a channel.

I recognize that the likely implementation would mean that one of the five follower emotes would then be usable across the platform... And that likely goes against the core concept of the follower emote test - but still worth considering!

301 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?