Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

616 results found

1. 22 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. If I have say 5 emote slots but have 6 emotes uploaded to the Library I still can only use those 5 that are assigned to slots around Twitch on others streams. As the owner of the emotes it would be great if I (and I alone) could still use the other unassigned emotes around Twitch.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Members of a stream team get a custom badge in chat.

185 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. For the future set of new hype train emotes can we please get an anime or game theme set? and maybe add some animated hype train emotes under bonus

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Where I see Follower emotes working best is by giving your followers access to 5 of your existing sub emotes, and if they want the remainder, they would need to subscribe. It would allow them to get a taste of your library and still feel like a part of the community. However, the way it's set up now makes that complicated.

THE ISSUE: If you decide to make some of your existing sub emotes available to followers with the current system, you have two options: either you have to make a second version of the same emotes, or you have…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. give a badge or other reward to users who have written a lot on a same channel (about 10k messages for example)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. we have the classic, PogChamp. Now lets have one for the gays, FrogChamp.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be really nice to have more "tiers" of bit emotes. As of right now the lowest bit emote is 1000 bits. It would be nice to have more options. Possibly some options that break up the bigger goals? A 500 option before 1000, a 7500 between 5000 and 10000, etc. Smaller channels could take a long time before someone unlocks the 5000 or 10000 Bit emotes. Emotes are such a great way of expressing the streamer's creativity, community, etc. Having so many options locked behind paywalls is discouraging at times.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bits Emotes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Most times (usually with a raid) we'd love to see who are trustworthy people for the streamer who comes, even if he/she is not in the chat to identify them.
    Having a badge (only for partner mods, or with X time moderating) will help other streamers to know who is mod in another channel and not to worry about their actions and words in the chat.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow people who have a difficult time reaching affiliate enjoy emotes by allowing everyone access to the follower only emotes, once fully rolled out. It would allow for something special for them to share within their streams even while not affiliate.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When viewers cheer, they use cheermotes and commonly emotes in their cheer messages. Unfortunately, the payload received from EventSub's channel.cheer callbacks only have the raw text as entered by the user, with no indiciation of which portions of that text are cheermotes nor emotes. Thus, I propose the following update to the callback payload, similar to the channel.subscription.message event, that passes along the data for both so that a consumer of EventSub can reconstruct the message:

{
        "subscription": {
        },
        "event": {
            "message": {
                "text": "Rah Rah Cheer! cheerwhal1 Cheer100 notACheer101 finite6ThrowBall",
                "cheermotes": [
                    {
                        "begin": 16,
                        "end":
    31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Deferred  ·  2 comments  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Last year's PrideHeartL and PrideHeartR from Pride month are some of the best emotes the site has done. They should be brought back for full time global status.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I had problem with the follower emotes not showing for me in the menu but after some time i got the info that they don't show if the BTTV or FFZ emote menu are active, atleast the FFZ seem to be the one most hindering this. the one feature that I use FFZ for is that you favorite emotes you have access to, and would you lose access to them and then get them back, they are still flagged as favorite.
    This has been very helpful for me since sometime the emote I want to use is not under "Recent"…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 5 is way to big of a number to instantly unlock upon following.

It completely disincentives' the need to sub. I feel like a much better system would be max 3 emotes that unlock over time. For Ex: 10 mins- 6 hours- 24 hours following. In addition to this, if they're only usable in my channel, I may as well continue using BTTV / FFZ and encouraging users to install the browser add on.

A suggestion i saw made by a friend was that three would be perfect. FOR EXAMPLE: Hello, Love/Hype, and a Raid emote. Combine this with the…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be cool if you could set a specific amount of time you have to have been followed in order to receive the follower emotes.

Similar to i.e. 10 minute followers only chat, the streamer could be given the option to set a time frame for how long someone has to have been followed to get the emotes! Even better so if you can decide it emote specifically

I think that could incentivize coming back to the channel and adds another reward to community members based on their time in the if the streamer so choses.

If the streamer…

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. the follower emotes are not showing on the Twitch mobile app

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Follower Emotes upon Follow would mean you will get 500 emotes for following 100 channels. That's quite a lot of emotes.

It would be less overwhelming to create a small requirement that would unlock permanent Follower Emotes for free (using Channels points or after watching the stream for x amount of time for instance). Though this wouldn't be "Follower Emote" but more like "Loyalty Emote" at that point.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Give the viewer a bonus for sticking to a stream from start to finish. Reward them for watching the entire stream, even if they are lurking. This not only helps the viewer get emotes, it really helps affiliates like me who are basically stuck forever and never reaching partnership on twitch.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Followers already have an ability to use emotes by using channel points in channels they actively engage in. This feature I feel would clutter an already hard to navigate emote viewer. It also makes it so people would just follow for an emote and not engage with the streamer or their content. I feel the channel point redemption for using emotes is good enough for this as it encourages viewer engagement with the channel in order to use them.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I think it would be great for people who go above and beyond with the support with Tier 2 and Tier 3 subscriptions to get more for their sub aside from just 1 additional emote, so I think it would be good to have "Evolving Emotes" So for example say if you had Charmander themed emotes as your tier 1 slot. A Waving Charmander Tier 1 Emote would become a Waving Charmeleon at Tier 2 and a Waving Charizard at Tier 3. If you have a Tier 2 or Tier 3 subscription you could choose which of these 3 would…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?