Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

643 results found

1. Twitch and Microsoft have absolutely botched this recent Minecraft Promotion. I've had a stream on for upwards of six days now and still have not received the emote, but somehow I've received the cape redeem, which required more view time.

Please reconsider your infrastructure before running another massive promotion that thousands of people are going to participate in (hundreds of thousands of people?).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I think twitch communities could get nice addition from having the ability to have custom roles with badges. Streamers could have some role and some amount of that role to give for people and because of course keeping this feature running isn't free it could be that if you want more roles and more people with that role you need to pay some small amount extra.
    For these roles it could be nice to have ability to execute certain commands but this could be a feature that is implemented using twitch extensions (which to my knowledge could do this).
    The…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please add webp as a supported format for animated emotes! Currently, the only acceptable animated format is GIF. GIFs do not allow for semitransparency, only completely opaque or transparent colors. My commissioned emotes have dark hair like myself, which blends into dark mode. To fix this issue, I added a semitransparent glow behind the chibi for my standard emotes, but this is impossible to do in a GIF. Pleaseee add webp as a supported format!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. This message is not about improving emotes. It is about improving your image amongst registered Twitch users concerning the restriction you place with emote use. Affiliation required to use emotes. If not, no emotes usage ! It's disgusting !!! Read my existing active Case #08202203. All my vented constructive criticism of this restriction is all there. Read it. Again, disgusting that Twitch management denies ANYONE the use of emotes no matter how inactive their channel is.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Give the Lechonk Emote a chance to be shiny, either like how Golden Kappa works, or just like a 1/2k chance to be shiny whenever it gets posted into a chat!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Custom badges streamers can upload and revise once in a 6 month period to recognize viewers who participate in a stream of significant importance (i.e. birthday, charity, anniversary). Imagine an annual birthday celebration and anyone who participated in that celebration can claim the unique badge until it is reset by the broadcaster.

Another option would be to add a unique sub badge flair for viewers who sub, renew, or upgrade their sub tier during an event stream. This would be in addition to the tier 2 and tier 3 badge flair. It would be up to the broadcaster to ensure…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Just like the title says, im proud of being heterosexual, and its one of the main sexual identifications.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Basically, I want to get into emote and badge making, but I have no venue to start, nil discoverability, and the site is structured to focus only on streamers and not on their artists... So:

1. A Badge & Emote Artist could opt into it. This would open a special panel for their profile called "Showcase" where they can put some examples and an "Emote Shop".

2. The "Emote Shop" could allow a Streamer to rent (for 30 days) the artist's emotes from there to appear among their channel emotes, being usable by both Followers and Subscribers.

3. If the Streamer opts to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be nice if affiliates/partners were able to work with twitch to come up and design a global badge for everyone to use on twitch since there are a lot of designers/artists out there on twitch

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I just watching some emoji and I found many types of LGBTQ emojis, BUT I did not saw any of heterosexual emoji like: black-white flag. It offends my feelings. Please add this flag emoji

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add some meta information on what channel the golden Kappa was acquired. Would add another passive discovery surface to find channels

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. LISTEN THIS IS A WORLD CHANGING IDEA. Imagine if every strramer had a tool where he could let his viewers to import and add a custom hemote next to their nickname. It could be anything. For example my nickname is dumbdragon, so with a streamers consent I would add an dragon emote next to my nickname. Adding a custom emote next to the nickname would give a huge value to the streamers and his viewers. Because it would let to differentiate viewers and have a bit more charachter than just having their written nickname. It would give a chance feel…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. PROBLEM:
    TOO many actual words are being used as the name for emotes. It's confusing and frustrating for anyone trying to communicate in Chat.
    SOLUTION:
    Require a specific capitalization scheme for any emote that uses an actual word. Example: "War" or "WAR" or "war"—not acceptable. "wAr" or "wAR" or "waR"—all acceptable, depending on the specifics of the adopted capitalization scheme. All lowercase, all uppercase and initial cap would be UNacceptable because they are used, as such, in attempts at real communication in Chat.
    [This problem seems to arise frequently in external emote libraries like the BTTV library.]

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be nice to have a global badge with the Justin.tv icon (monkeycam) for Twitch accounts created before the inception of Twitch.

If account older than [date of twitch inception JUNE 2011 for example] user account will have access to Justin.tv badge. A nod to the pioneers of this community.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. There are a lot of limited-time emotes that you can obtain from Hype Trains and other events. These are put into categories in my emote library but the categories don't have any rhyme or reason particularly, for example some are categorised as "Stream with Pride" but some of the pride emotes are under "TwitchHypeTrain", I wish for a feature to be able to sort my emotes out a bit better.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hello, I wish there was an option to hide subscription badge for myself in chat, since I don't like to have any badges in front of my name - they decrease the space for 1st chat line

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Right now if you complete a level 100 Hype Train you will only get KappaInfinite instead of getting BleedPurpleHD, HeyHeyGuys, and PogChomp as well. This leads viewers to feel like they are ripped off because this generally isn't how game progression works.

When we beat a level we expect a reward from that level to be unlocked. We do not expect that reward to be overwritten by a higher level forcing us to have to do it again to unlock the lower tier reward. This is a normal tenet of game design and should apply to Hype Train rewards as…

2,422 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The emotes panel should let streamers organize them all in the order they think it is the best. Currently even though we can put them in a certain order, we don't have full access to it because they are all separated in categories, such as Animated emotes, Follower emotes, Tier 1 emotes. Streamers should have full power to organize all emotes mixing them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Instead of having most used emotes at the top - just let us pin our top favorite 15-20 emotes. My "most used" are not necessarily my favorites. This would make using my favorite emotes so much easier - especially on mobile.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Create a badge to show the number of predictions a user has guessed over tot past predictions, like a hundred past predictions

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?